• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    Perhaps it was someone involved with a store here called Moda. It's the only one in the city of worth. It still carries a decent selection by Raf, MMM, Helmut, etc. But sadly it's amount of D-Squared and Ed Hardy-esque gear has grown substantially over the years.
    No, he was an artist.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
      • Dec 2006

Faust, thanks for the kind words! I have been thinking about posting again over the past couple days. Sorry for the long absence, no reflection on SZ, just took a break from fashion for a while. Wire-Artist and others got me interested in Yohji and I followed and kinda forgot about the rest...

Not in the 'Burgh anymore. Now I am itinerant I suppose... Pittsburgh has a lot going for it, unfortunately, fashion is not one of those things. Still interested in Yohji and Junya, and like many others, Individual Sentiments has me intrigued.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

good to see you again :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kbi
          • Feb 2009

Hi everyone!

I kind of overlooked this thread although I've been here now quite a while. Please excuse my bad manners .

I'm a half british/half swiss architect student from small but nice Switzerland. I'm a lot into architecture and furniture design (+some industrial design in general).

My approach towards fashion has gone (mostly through SZ-influence) from "buy everything you fall in love with" to "minimize your wardrobe to those pieces you'd never give away and always wear.. pair them with the most basic things"

There are a few small stores here in Zurich selling MA+, Rick Owens and the roma boutique (http://boutique-roma.ch/) has gotten a very nice Individual sentiments buy for next fall just if I can help anyone out with locating something I'm always happy to help.

Yeah that's it. Questions welcome. I suppose it's better to introduce yourself late than never :)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Question - how do you rock head to toe Rick in the land of financial criminals?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kbi View Post
              Hi everyone!

I kind of overlooked this thread although I've been here now quite a while. Please excuse my bad manners .

I'm a half british/half swiss architect student from small but nice Switzerland. I'm a lot into architecture and furniture design (+some industrial design in general).

My approach towards fashion has gone (mostly through SZ-influence) from "buy everything you fall in love with" to "minimize your wardrobe to those pieces you'd never give away and always wear.. pair them with the most basic things"

There are a few small stores here in Zurich selling MA+, Rick Owens and the roma boutique (http://boutique-roma.ch/) has gotten a very nice Individual sentiments buy for next fall just if I can help anyone out with locating something I'm always happy to help.

Yeah that's it. Questions welcome. I suppose it's better to introduce yourself late than never :)
              Hi there, another architect here from the land of Luis Barragan ;)

Comment

• Dropt
                • May 2009

xxxxx
                Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• cryhavoc
                  • Jun 2008

Well after lurking here and reading for what seems like an eternity I might as well introduce myself.

I remember seeing Faust lament the lack of New Zealanders on the board somewhere or rather, so hopefully I can help sort that out. I was born and bred in Wellington, and just moved up to Auckland this year for school.

I'm a second year Architecture student (although I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, got too burned out last term) at Auckland Uni, formerly from Victoria Uni. I also enjoy photography (mostly film these days, there's something cathartic about developing a roll or two), and design in general.

Hopefully I'll stop being so shy and start posting now. Sooo, kia ora!

Comment

• asis
                    • Dec 2008

Haere mai

Comment

• pipcleo
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by cryhavoc View Post
                      I remember seeing Faust lament the lack of New Zealanders on the board somewhere or rather, so hopefully I can help sort that out.
                      welcome
                      a fellow wellingtonian at last....
                      harking from one of the worlds great fashion rectums
                      i appreciate your predicament
                      but at least auckland has christian dior (ties) ?

Comment

• asis
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                        welcome
                        a fellow wellingtonian at last....
                        harking from one of the worlds great fashion rectums
                        i appreciate your predicament
                        but at least auckland has christian dior (ties) ?
                        I was once told Fabric (Auck.) sold the most DH jeans in the world...

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by asis View Post
                          I was once told Fabric (Auck.) sold the most DH jeans in the world...
                          i enjoy DH jeans, but something about this sentence strikes me as a bit funny and sad at the same time
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

welcome, cry havoc.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asis
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                              i enjoy DH jeans, but something about this sentence strikes me as a bit funny and sad at the same time
                              yeah a little of both, i was mainly surprised when I was told though it did help them to buy the collection garments with little or no minimums during the Hedi era.

Comment

• TarHeart
                                • Jun 2009

I'm Jesper, I'm 20 years old. I live in Sweden, I'm waiting to start studying art history at University.

I love fashion in the SZ-sense. My favourite designers are Ann Demeulemeester, and Yohji Yamamoto. I don't know who I like the most, it's a hard choice. I do tend to wear most Demeulemeester because the prices are more gentle to my wallet, and of course I really adore her design. Yamamoto-prices are insane, at least for my budget... Although I spend a crazy amount of money on clothes.

I have always been into design and art. When I was a little kid I loved interior design, furniture design and also fashion design. I had my own ideas about fashion very early. I was always envious of the girls, because they could dress in whatever they wanted. I used to think so even in kindergarten, that boys (or men) were very restricted. I'm very happy I found out about designers like Demeulemeester, Kawakubo and Yamamoto. They create a world with less boundaries.

I see myself as a pretty intelligent, cultivated and creative. I am a music freak, I produce my own music and listen to music constantly. I like obscure, dark stuff like Flying Saucer Attack, Cannibal Ox, Arthur Russel, Cocteau Twins, Jan Jelinek and Nico. I know there is no consistency in my music taste, I don't care.

I also like art music like Durutti Column, Oval, Scott Walker and Tim Hecker. Favourite artists are Max Ernst, Vania Zouravliov and Hans Ruedi Giger.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎