X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

the stuff posted above. its a spice mix used on beef, has very little to do with actual tacos but tastes pretty good.

bestial - yea El Paso was the one!
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Funny this should come up as I just finished having some vegetarian tacos with Morningstar fake beef crumbles and the aforementioned Old El Paso taco spice. Add some cilantro fresh tomato and onion and you never miss the meat!
      music

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

i think i'm terrified of what are getting called tacos around here

first thing I'm eating when i get back to san diego
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Paging Chant, new english phrase to add to your repertoire: taco spice. Use sparingly.

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
          taco spice?
          music

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

X-Men origins: Wolverine....disappointing :(

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Taco spice should be used on an everyday basis.

This are for special occasions though,

party size taco spice mix!

Other random shit is that a store that I bought a jacket from don't answer me when I wrote them about a broken seam/rip in the jacket's lining.. don't feel like a way to handle business if you're a reputable store..

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post

If there's one thing I really fucking miss about being back in the western world, it's being able to readily access stuff like this at any given time of day.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• sam_tem
                  • Apr 2007

i try to avoid mexican food (tex-mex i should say) as much as possible since in texas it's always around, but one of the positive things about living in houston is the plethora of roach coaches (mobile food trucks for those not in the know) in this city. makes getting semi-authentic mexican food extremely cheap and easy. i've even heard of some in the majorly hispanic parts of town having waiters, tables and the whole shabang.

went to a party for cinco de maya tuesday and someone had hired this dude to park his roach coach outside and make tacos for everyone. unfortunatley, the party didn't last long until it got shut down.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

I'm pretty sure if I was to relocate to Texas at this moment, I can binge on all the tex mex food my body and mind could handle and not find it monotonous for at least a good 8-10 months.

Just like how when I was back in the US for college, usually by the time April rolled around I was pretty damn desperate for a bowl of Shanghainese preserved vegetable and pork noodles.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Tacos are about the only mexican food I like around San Antonio... lengua tacos, barbacoa (my god... beef cheeks are the best), al pastor and for breakfast the chorizo & egg. A bowl of delicious menudo or caldo and I'm all set!

Theres a place in san antonio that got voted best in the US for tacos (Taco Taco) and it's damn good. Line is out the door at the little joint and they are only open for lunch and breakfast. They sell out of 60% of the stuff by lunchtime. The tortillas are rolled and made to order and are PERFECT.

that being said, Matt, I'd probably be the same way if I went back to China for a year... definitely get fat on some delicious street food!
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        Tacos are about the only mexican food I like around San Antonio... lengua tacos, barbacoa (my god... beef cheeks are the best), al pastor and for breakfast the chorizo & egg. A bowl of delicious menudo or caldo and I'm all set!

Theres a place in san antonio that got voted best in the US for tacos (Taco Taco) and it's damn good. Line is out the door at the little joint and they are only open for lunch and breakfast. They sell out of 60% of the stuff by lunchtime. The tortillas are rolled and made to order and are PERFECT.

that being said, Matt, I'd probably be the same way if I went back to China for a year... definitely get fat on some delicious street food!
                        OMG!! That's right..you're in the city of Taco Taco. Fresh tortillas, fresh everything. My friend can't stop talking about the place when mexican food comes up. I think LA has some decent joints, but apparently its because I've never had Taco Taco and don't know shit until I have.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                          OMG!! That's right..you're in the city of Taco Taco. Fresh tortillas, fresh everything. My friend can't stop talking about the place when mexican food comes up. I think LA has some decent joints, but apparently its because I've never had Taco Taco and don't know shit until I have.

If you end up making your trip to Houston, I'll bring some and meet you

otherwise, see you in your city next month!!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

Tacos... tomorrow is friday, will probably get some! But shit, when talking I have gotten interested in trying to make my own spice... so any good recipes for a basic taco seasoning?

Make me do it texas style!

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                              Tacos... tomorrow is friday, will probably get some! But shit, when talking I have gotten interested in trying to make my own spice... so any good recipes for a basic taco seasoning?

Make me do it texas style!
                              Will post Steingarten's lovely recipe for tacos shortly. And, yeah, they're authentic. He just copied down what went into his favorite tacos.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Sounds great! Will use it for vegetarian tacos though, so it might be blasphemy but who cares! Usually use some "meat"-imitation or beans.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎