Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

I agree! Love the amount of spurs boys in the squad! I see big things for lennon!! I think he is the secret weapon in englands line up.
    Crouch is always a threat,as long as they dont go for the old arsenal long ball approach when getting desperate!

King was outstanding in the last few games of the prem season,a true goliath in that position,and carra is always a safe bet.
    Dawson,although he had a great season for us,i think he lacks experience internationally.

The keepers are always prone to clangers,especially james. If Defoe regains the form he had for most of the season then he could be a deadly sub to change up a game.

But i hate to say it,i had a little flutter on the USA causing an upset on saturday.

As for Greece,damn we have a rather hard group. Nigeria may not be as strong as they once were,but still a threat.
    Although maradonna may have made some really odd inclusions into the side, and messi doesnt seem to do it internationally as he does for barca,they got tevez who is an absolute animal.

Im having a joke bet on greece winning,only so i can relive the memories of euro 2004 (pic i posted a few pages back).
    Wishful thinking,i know,but a man can dream.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

The assistant referee for the South Africa vs. Mexico match either had a strong drink today or is blind. Vela judged to be offside with a South African defender on the line. It is simply the worst call I have seen in months. I'm reminded of the old nickname "blindsman".
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• thaiison
        • Dec 2009

^yeah I was like, wait... what the hell just happened. South africa are growing and it would be great to see how S.A handled an early lead. On another note, I don't know much more I can take from that vuvuzela, annoying as hell.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Can't believe SA leads....

edit: ok, back to normal.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• todestrieb
            • Mar 2009

Normal?

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
            Vela judged to be offside with a South African defender on the line. It is simply the worst call I have seen in months. I'm reminded of the old nickname "blindsman".
            It was clearly offside. As the rules state, "A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent." Usually the keeper is the last opponent in an offside scenario, but in this case Pienaar, the defender on the line was the last opponent, and the goalkeeper, Khune was the second last. I know this particular offside scenario isn't as intuitive as it sounds but the officials definitely got it right.

Great game though. Tshabalala's goal is highlight reel material.

Comment

• JoniF
              • May 2009

Well, that was a disappointing tie.

Comment

• kofi3159
                • Feb 2009

Word up todestrieb..
                It was an offside goal..
                I am sure Sombre will agree after watching the replay..

What a disappointment the french team is going to be in this world cup..
                This is the best they got with players like that..
                They will NOT advance from the group stage..
                As 4 england, they always have high expectations. Every world cup they deem themselves as favourites but its been like, what, 64 years since they last won it. They can start by winning the European Championship and that has proven hard enough. The title is going to south America or SPAIN

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                  It was clearly offside. As the rules state, "A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent." Usually the keeper is the last opponent in an offside scenario, but in this case Pienaar, the defender on the line was the last opponent, and the goalkeeper, Khune was the second last. I know this particular offside scenario isn't as intuitive as it sounds but the officials definitely got it right.
                  Originally posted by kofi3159 View Post
                  Word up todestrieb..
                  It was an offside goal..
                  I am sure Sombre will agree after watching the replay..
                  I saw the replay. You guys are right. Disappointing for Mexico. I think they deserved to win it. I'll call them to top the group.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Wow, France sucked. Jesus.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

Nederlands is my pick
                      WTB: This

Comment

• Bubu
                        • May 2008

No Greek Tale this time round. Kimchi Power.
                        Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

Rob 'Fabianski' Green
                          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                            Casillas' talk about the keepers being weak is bullshit.

David James really should have started over Green. This result hurts pride more than anything else.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ haha, i thought about you after the goal, actually!
                              I would imagine James will be starting the next game.

On a different note - I weighed myself today before and after I went to play soccer - wow, I lose about 3-4 pounds of water during a game.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• todestrieb
                                • Mar 2009

The tragicomedy of England's WC campaigns through the years - keeper howlers. James is as calamitous, if not worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎