Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

Getting knocked out of the Champions League at home on away goals after going 2 goals up in 8 minutes > Getting raped by Lionel Messi

Well, it's going to be all Barca after this... great for the neutrals though.

Edit: That being said, pretty sure the whole of England dropped a deuce in their pants when Rooney started limping again. Also Nani + Rafael had a good showing.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• todestrieb
      • Mar 2009

A bloody sweet irony of fates with two ex-Real Madrid players being absolutely instrumental in getting their respective new teams into the semis - Sneijder for Inter and Robben for Bayern. Not to mention the auld enemy from Catalonia making it too.

Comment

• kofi3159
        • Feb 2009

^ Word up
        Barca 4ever
        Messi CANNOT be compared to Rooney
        Just need Abidal back in time and the final against Bayern will be a walk in the park..
        Eagerly looking forward to EL Clasico

Comment

• Bubu
          • May 2008

Rafael was naive. Ribery did the right thing for his own team - He had nothing on that young Brazilian. Poor boy must be crying right now.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
            ManU will go through. I'm confident about that.

In other news, Arsenal has been brutally beaten by Barcelona. I love it.
            Hate to say I told you so!
            Bayern did it!
            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

fuck the goon
              fuck manure
              e i e i o
              up the premier league we go
              we are the geordies
              super geordies

Comment

• kofi3159
                • Feb 2009

Again we outplayed Madrid..
                Goals by OF COURSE MESSIAH and Pedro..
                Thats 2 consecutive wins at the bernabeu.
                I sincerely think that Messi is the greatest player of all time..
                Pele is good, Maradona better but Messi is simply just Best??
                Anyone dare to disagree...

Comment

• stereophobic
                  • Aug 2009

Respectfully, he won't be the best player of all time until he is good enough to carry Argentina singlehandedly to a World Cup trophy. I don't think that would happen this year.

Comment

• jumpoff
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                    Respectfully, he won't be the best player of all time until he is good enough to carry Argentina singlehandedly to a World Cup trophy. I don't think that would happen this year.
                    Why would he need to win the world cup "singlehandedly" to be regarded the all-time best? Shouldn't this be down to be ability alone?

What Maradona did with Napoli and Argentina was astonishing, but people have a tendency to make them out to be pub teams hadn't it been for Maradona.

Of course, Messi has the advantage of playing for the arguably best club team for quite some time and Maradona had no Xavi, but why hold that against Messi? And Argentina will be up against the best national team in recent decades this summer as well. So what if he doesn't win it singlehandedly.

The kid is only 22 years old and if he continues to play the way he has been playing this season, he will be the all-time best, world cup or no world cup.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

there is no point in trying to declare someone "the best of all time". does best mean the highest ranked in terms of goals or other statistics? individual performance or contribution to a team? international or series level? does Messi even hold any records yet? probably not since he is so young.

either way, he is probably the most talented player right now, I prefer to leave it at that.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jumpoff
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        there is no point in trying to declare someone "the best of all time". does best mean the highest ranked in terms of goals or other statistics? individual performance or contribution to a team? international or series level? does Messi even hold any records yet? probably not since he is so young.

either way, he is probably the most talented player right now, I prefer to leave it at that.
                        True. I'm also against this constant need for labelling, even if my last post might not indicate that. It's difficult comparing players from the same generation and even more so comparing players from different generations. But when players are playing as good as Messi has been doing lately the discussion will always come up.

It was the same with Ronaldo last season, but I find the discussion more warranted today.

Comment

• kofi3159
                          • Feb 2009

Interesting debate..

As for Argentina winning the world cup..
                          I believe that Maradona needs to build a team around MESSI..
                          But then again he needs Xavi in the midfield becoz Mascerano and Veron are not the playmaker types.. The catalan style is hard to replicate when you dont have the midfield..
                          Mike is right- Be that as it may- He is even more scary now. He is basically doing a lot of Maradona football career highlights in like what two seasons..

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

So... Chelsea for champions?

Can't imagine them losing to any of the other teams except for Liverpool.

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

^We will see. The lead is cut to one point and they still have to go to Anfield. Spurs are in sensational form. I'm worried about Man U hosting them this Satruday.

Champions League: My brain is having trouble understanding that Inter Milan beat Barcelona 3-1 just now.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• stereophobic
                                • Aug 2009

You know, I didn't even realize that the match was today, there was hardly any excitement or coverage online going into it. Inter played well but who knows what the effect of the land travel was on the Barca players.

Spurs v United will be a great game for neutrals and United haters alike Really great form right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎