X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
    The tragicomedy of England's WC campaigns through the years - keeper howlers. James is as calamitous, if not worse.
    Exactly, saying James should've started because of this is just stupid.

Comment

• jcotteri
      • Jun 2008

Can't believe that America tied
      WTB: This

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        /\ haha, i thought about you after the goal, actually!
        I would imagine James will be starting the next game.

On a different note - I weighed myself today before and after I went to play soccer - wow, I lose about 3-4 pounds of water during a game.
        Yeah the first thought I had when the goal went in was "Rob Green, what the hell are you doing?" followed by, "Crap, now I'll have to eat my words on SZ." 3-4 pounds after exercise sounds about right. It's astonishing how much of our weight is just water.

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
        The tragicomedy of England's WC campaigns through the years - keeper howlers. James is as calamitous, if not worse.
        Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
        Exactly, saying James should've started because of this is just stupid.
        I didn't say James should have started just because of Green's error. Unlike the two of you, I think James is a better keeper. He has had his troubles over the years, but for the past four years he has been quite consistent despite the odd clanger. He was one of the principal reasons Portsmouth had such great season two years ago. He was also the reason Portsmouth wasn't completely embarrassed in the FA Cup final this year. He's come a long way since his days at Liverpool, but people just don't want to forget the "Calamity James" of yesteryear.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• kofi3159
          • Feb 2009

Starting to believe that Ghana may win the whole thing after all..
          Africas first win at the world cup..
          Looking very much forward to Ivory Coast vs Portugal..

Comment

• mike
            • Dec 2006

forreal? ghana played alright but serbia should have easily won with all their chances. the penalty at the end was just as careless as green's fuckup.

Comment

• kofi3159
              • Feb 2009

True that Mike..
              It was my patriotism Talking..
              It was a very even match- Ghana played without most of their starting players though..

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

Greece,absolutely abysmal display! Not to take anything away from South Korea,they played very well and deserved the win!

I was actually rather embarassed at the lack of passion in the game.By the end everytime Korea were on the attack i was shouting for them to score.

Argentina were rather lucky i think to get away with a 1-0 against Nigeria. Both teams looked rather strong.

As for England,its a shame because im sure Green is already on a World Cup Bloopers DVD!
                For those that were watching coverage in ITV HD, WTF!

It cut to an advertisment,and then when it returned Stevie G was celebrating his goal!!
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• todestrieb
                  • Mar 2009

Oh, you misunderstand. I wasn't in any way trying to imply that James or Green is the better/worst. Merely highlighting the long history of goalkeeping howlers in England's national team campaigns, especially in the WC and the EC. For a country that produced Banks and Shilton, you'd think they'd have produced a reliable keeper by now. They seem to have stumbled upon some bad karma or something. Even Shilton was responsible for one or two howlers in that unenviable history.

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                  I didn't say James should have started just because of Green's error. Unlike the two of you, I think James is a better keeper.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Germany - they are a machine, aren't they. I think they are a better team without Ballack - seems like this guy carries a lot of ego.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
                      • Sep 2009

Germany - they are a machine, aren't they. I think they are a better team without Ballack - seems like this guy carries a lot of ego.
                      Yea they played wonderfully. Made me proud

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                        • Feb 2008

Haven't seen that offensive symmetry from the Germans in all my years....they look powerful and faster than I thought....great group for them also, they will hopefully hone their strategy in order to proceed to the final!
                        It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• MR27
                          • Oct 2009

CR

this World Cup Cristiano Ronaldo shoot min.5 Goals
                          and Germany lose in the Final vs Portugal

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

Very well put, not sure if its about his ego only though.
                            I really think the rest of the team especially the younger guys really see their chance to shine even more without him.
                            Lahm, Müller, Özil and Schweinsteiger were on top of their game.

I honestly do believe we have a chance to make it this time.
                            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Bubu
                              • May 2008

the Germans were emphatic

alongside Argentina and South Korea the most impressive teams so far.
                              Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• jcotteri
                                • Jun 2008

What a fantastic moment for NZ. If I see a them get one up on Italy it might almost make up for the last world cup.
                                WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎