X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

BTW, what's up with all these gay uniforms that cut off circulation and create moobs? The last thing I would want in a game is polyester sticking to my skin.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

Do you remember this lovely little all in one number from cameroon...

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• laughed
        • Jul 2009

Wish I coulda been there to catch those dutch soccer marketing gals that got booted. schwing!

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bubu View Post
          the Germans were emphatic

alongside Argentina and South Korea the most impressive teams so far.
          I disagree with part of this. Argentina wasn't very impressive for me. I saw some loose passes and some weaknesses in the game against Nigeria. Contrary to popular opinion, I think Nigeria was bad too. Aside from the Nigerian goalkeeper, I can't pick out any player from either team who impressed me.

One team that did impress me was North Korea. They were very disciplined and well-organized defensively. And you couldn't help but feel happy for the players when you saw them crying at the beginning of the match.
          Last edited by Sombre; 06-15-2010, 10:03 PM.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
            • Mar 2008

In general this world cup hasn't reached it's hopefully highs. No team has been perfect and no one seems to be willing to take any risks. From a global point of view, football has developed a lot in the smaller countries. There is no more a team who can play relaxed and win by ease. Look at Brazil vs North Korea yesterday, a perfect example.

I'm holding my thumbs for Italy.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yeah, this has been a serious snooze so far, except Germany. Let's see what happens now.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Yeah, this has been a serious snooze so far, except Germany. Let's see what happens now.
                The portugal game yesterday was great fun, even ending up a tie. This morning's Chile - Honduras game had a lot of fun moments. Actually, there've been quite a few good games to my mind, just not the ones I expected. Argentina - Nigeria was great, some of the other low scoring ones as well. Not a lot of high scoring games, but some great back and forth.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Switzerland's goal just now. Woah, what a miscue, what a capitalization. Poor Pique.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• thaiison
                    • Dec 2009

oh shit, what just happened... losing points in one more game and it will be hard for spain to advance.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by thaiison View Post
                      oh shit, what just happened... losing points in one more game and it will be hard for spain to advance.
                      Long ball from midfield, mishandled/took an odd deflection, lead to a 2 on 2, Casillas (sorry for spelling) dove way out and got taken out of the equation, Pique was between two forwards, interfered successfully but also fell. Forward kicked it in for a score.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                        The portugal game yesterday was great fun, even ending up a tie. This morning's Chile - Honduras game had a lot of fun moments. Actually, there've been quite a few good games to my mind, just not the ones I expected. Argentina - Nigeria was great, some of the other low scoring ones as well. Not a lot of high scoring games, but some great back and forth.
                        Maybe the second half. The first half, I'd like the 45 min of my life back.

Congrats to the Swiss!!! Now that WAS an exciting game!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Finally, a world cup worthy goal.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

So, after Casillas insulted the England goalkeepers while basically bragging about his own abilities, Spain lost because of a goal he has to shoulder some blame for. I don't dislike Spain as a team, but I can't say I didn't smile when that ball went in. Now they could possibly meet Brazil in the Round of 16 if all goes as planned. That would be a mouth-watering fixture.

Uruguay vs. South Africa was a blow-out. Forlan's first goal was unlucky for the hosts, but they were totally outplayed. Hopefully that's the beginning of this tournament really taking off.

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

I'm guessing you haven't seen all the English keepers week-in, week-out. I have, so I'll say that Casillas was mistaken in his statements. Moreover, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Casillas has been average lately, and as you say, he's not even the undisputed number 1 in Spain's team (I disagree with you, I think Reina is much better than Valdes, but that's another story). Casillas is not in my top 3 goalkeepers at the World Cup (and neither is Valdes).

Speaking about the match in general, I think Del Bosque must also be partly blamed. The midfield was packed, and Villa had a hard time by himself. I think that team needs two forwards, and fewer players in midfield.

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
                                • Mar 2008

I wonder wether it Spains old world cup ghost turning up or if it's some kind of under estimation from them. They looked so average and thin. Though I'm glad Switzerland won, Spain is suffering from so much hype.
                                I think the team who has the brightest coach will win this cup. It seems like it's all down to tactical awareness and that glimpse of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎