X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Inter played really well, Barca got the pressure on in the end but didn't manage to get through the tight defense. I kind of had a feeling that it might not be a Messi show tonight, but definately didn't expect this outcome.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• todestrieb
      • Mar 2009

Am I the only one not suprised by Inter's result over Barca?
      I'll give you guys 4 points to mull over:

i) Inter is a team that plays precisely the kind of football that will frustrate a team like Barca. The kind of football that is compact, gritty, tactically astute, and leave very little space for the opposition to operate in - exactly the kind of space that a team like Barca thrives on, exactly the kind of space teams in La Liga often affords them. Remember Chelsea under Hiddink in last season's semis? They certainly made life difficult, if not stifling, for Barca. Inter and Chelsea approach the game from a very similar fortitude and tactical premise.

ii) For all their attacking and possession football talents, Barca just do not have the defensive personnel and capabilities to match. They're terribly flawed and vunerable at the back. Puyol is the only one I'd rate very highly. Alves is awesome going forward but rather suspect as a defender. Furthermore, their defensive line plays very high up the park. Granted, Barca almost always dominate with possession, which means they rarely have to worry about being attacked. Most of the time anyway. However, when they come up against an opponent with the attacking quality like Inter's, things can become tricky.

iii) Arguable point but, as much as I hate the man's guts, JoMou > Pep. The man is a tad more tactically sound and experienced than his Catalunyan counterpart. His tactical nous is hard to match in the world of football today.

iv) Player for player, at least so far as the starting 11 for the match is concerned, Inter have the better players. With the exception of Messi, Xavi and maybe Zlatan (who hasn't exactly found his form yet with Barca), I don't rate the other players as highly as Inter's starters. Inter have the better keeper (Julio Cesar - nearly up there with Buffon); a defensive line that is a notch superior (Maicon - Samuel - Lucio - Zanetti); Cambiasso's about as good, if not better, than Keita; Sneijder may not be Messi or Xavi, but he's world-class in his own creative way, and on current form - on par with Xavi; the frontline is deadly - Milito is clinical and Eto'o seems to have re-discovered some of his old form in the last couple of months.

That being said, still all to play for in this tie. As JoMou proclaimed, it's still 50/50.
      Last edited by todestrieb; 04-22-2010, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• kofi3159
        • Feb 2009

As a Barca fan, the next days are gonna be blue..
        But hats off to Inter, the win was deserved..
        Is it just me or does Barca play badly with Zlatan on the pitch lately..
        Anyway nothing is given yet.. Still think the game is wide open at camp nou.

Comment

• marco-von
          • Feb 2009

Inter gave everything they had, they were breathing out their arses by end of the game hence barca's late pressure. I enjoyed it, thought the referee had a great game waving away the nonsense that comes with barca players.

The bayern and lyon game was a total bore. Best part of it was finding out ribery is doing the dirty with a prostitute and then getting sent off for his horrific tackle.

Not seen Shye around here in a bit but i am sure he's probably bought a gareth bale poster and put it up on his wall!

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
            • Aug 2009

Chelsea!

Go Chelsea! It's a double this year for sure!
            modern man

Comment

• stereophobic
              • Aug 2009

Barcelona v Inter Milan

Bus Parking

Showmanship

Headlocks

Sour Grapes
              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Wow, what a truly horrible call. That handball call at the end was without any possible justification. I hate seeing a game decided by atrocious refereeing.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by LupinTheFourth View Post
                  Go Chelsea! It's a double this year for sure!
                  They have to beat Liverpool first. It would also be hilarious if Portsmouth won the FA Cup.

I didn't see the second half of Barcelona v. Inter, but hats off to the Italians. Surely they're favourites for the final.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                    I didn't see the second half of Barcelona v. Inter, but hats off to the Italians. Surely they're favourites for the final.
                    You missed Jose Mourinho's celebration, and the Camp Nou gardeners turning on the sprinklers while Inter were still celebrating on the pitch.

Comment

• AZH
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      Wow, what a truly horrible call. That handball call at the end was without any possible justification. I hate seeing a game decided by atrocious refereeing.
                      Well, I think this call is more horrible though.

Comment

• kofi3159
                        • Feb 2009

Sad day..
                        But Inter deserves it..
                        I will say this again..
                        We should never have trade eto`o and pay lots of euros for Zlatan..
                        He is just not fast enough..
                        Hope the get villa

Comment

• AZH
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kofi3159 View Post
                          Sad day..
                          But Inter deserves it..
                          I will say this again..
                          We should never have trade eto`o and pay lots of euros for Zlatan..
                          He is just not fast enough..
                          Hope the get villa
                          I thought one of the main reasons why they traded Eto'o was Eto'o and head coach Guardiola don't like each other, no?

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

Eto'o was a disruptive influence in the dressing room, apparently. I can see why they undertook such an action since their play requires an immense amount of understanding. I don't know why everyone is blaming Ibrahimovic for Barca's failings, he's the type of player that provides an alternative to the small/medium sized technical players that Barca seems to be inundated with. I just think they would've been better off using him as a substitute though. Why does nobody say anything about Krkic not having the nerves of steel to convert?

Comment

• AZH
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                              Eto'o was a disruptive influence in the dressing room, apparently. I can see why they undertook such an action since their play requires an immense amount of understanding. I don't know why everyone is blaming Ibrahimovic for Barca's failings, he's the type of player that provides an alternative to the small/medium sized technical players that Barca seems to be inundated with. I just think they would've been better off using him as a substitute though. Why does nobody say anything about Krkic not having the nerves of steel to convert?
                              LOL, he at least should've finished that header on goal.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by AZH View Post
                                Well, I think this call is more horrible though.
                                Eh, it was a stupid dive, but the call seemed fine. The inter player received a second yellow for shoving his hand in someone's face. If sergio had just fallen and not rolled around, there still would have been a card and no uproar.

The handball call removed a decisive goal at the end of the game, and was completely without justification since if your hand is protecting your body and is not used to direct the ball, there is no hand ball, end of story.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎