X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Inter 2 - 0 Bayern Munich.

Inter has won it. To be honest I thought Bayern outplayed them the entire match, but Milito took his chances, and that made the difference.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Why wasn't Ribery playing? Injury?

I don't think I've ever seen a game where one team had such an advantage of ball possession... and lost.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Why wasn't Ribery playing? Injury?
        He got a three-match ban in the semi-finals, and Bayern lost their appeal.

Comment

• Bubu
          • May 2008

karma's a bitch for ribery.

bayern dominated possession but i thought they looked really flat in the final third. most of the time they looked deprived of ideas and creativity.

on the other hand d.milito was exquisite in his finishing. i think he has a good shout for the european player of the year award with his exploits domestically added in too.

faust in the semis barca were pinning inter to the wall but landed just 1 single blow to their face and lost on aggregate in the end.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I don't think I've ever seen a game where one team had such an advantage of ball possession... and lost.
            you don't win a game by flicking the ball around midfield

I think the right team won, you only need a few good attacks to score and thats what Inter did. Bayern had trouble going through the defense and didn't end up having many close calls. Olic was pretty invisible, which is strange.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
              Oh, right, I vaguely remember hearing that. What a dumbass. I love him though!!!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                Well deserved too. Pity, he's fun to watch.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cremaster
                  • Jan 2010

The time has come -
                  Who is going to win the World Cup.
                  Your picks please.
                  Mine - Brazil.
                  Reasoning: Brazil are the only team to win a World Cup away from their continent. They are under the radar this time which will play into their hands.

Comment

• Trim
                    • Nov 2009

Spain will be my choice.
                    Strongest midfield with 2 of the world's best striker and they are in top form atm.

Germany stand a chance too. They look strong too.
                    /d

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I've got a Holland - Spain final. Hard to say. Tempted to say Spain :-), but I tend to root for Holland (although Robben got injured today, oops).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

f the lakers. woops, wrong thread.
                        f the lakers. celtics in 6. book it.

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

25% of the Dutch workforce take day off for first game of the world cup

Comment

• Nostromo
                            • Jan 2010

I've got a Holland - Spain final. Hard to say. Tempted to say Spain :-), but I tend to root for Holland (although Robben got injured today, oops).
                            This would be fantastic. Despite being German, I've always been a fan of Oranje. It's a joke that they have never won the World Cup. But then again, I don't really think that they win it this time. I guess they will reach the semis or something.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ Well, I thought the exact same thing about the Spaniards. Statistically speaking, it's Orange time, haha!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Alright, let's tackle this one. First, Brazil is a decent pick. For once their defence isn't absolutely abominable. I don't think they'll win it though, for no other reason than my emotions are elsewhere. I'm also fed up of the wagonists who are Brazil fans only every four years. Spain's players have some mouths on them. They just will not shut up. They go on and on about how good the squad is, and how no other squad measures up. I think that arrogance will be their downfall. I get the impression that the bulk of Holland's team is very young. There's a lot of talent and I've always been a fan of the Dutch style, but I don't think they'll win it. They'll go far, but not all the way.

My pick is (unsurprisingly) England. This will draw laughter from some, but I sincerely believe they have a good chance. Casillas' talk about the keepers being weak is bullshit. I've seen them all, and they're very capable. The back four is also solid, even without Ferdinand. They've got options. The only real weakness is Rooney's strike partner, but luckily, the midfielders can chip in very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎