• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asdf123
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
    Just to show how huge the result for the scum beating us was
    Szczeny (Arsenal No1)- "it was like beating Barcelona".
    Well... Spurs just stopped playing in the 2nd half. I was like every Tottenham player turn his switch from "own" to "off".

Next is United at home. They need to pick themselves up. United would love to win at WHL to close the gap and still be in the title game along with City.

Comment

• Mikevigar
      • Jan 2010

Duno if anyone is watching Liverpool arsenal, but van persie just scored one of the best goals you will ever see

Comment

• poon
        • Jan 2012

nice shot! RVP is perfect striker.

Comment

• asdf123
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by poon View Post
          nice shot! RVP is perfect striker.
          Doubt that. One swallow doesn't make a summer. He's been on form, and played really good through the season but there are others that do the same.

Btw. check out Hulks goal vs Benfica. Stunner.

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by asdf123 View Post
            Doubt that. One swallow doesn't make a summer. He's been on form, and played really good through the season but there are others that do the same.

Btw. check out Hulks goal vs Benfica. Stunner.
            I think he's been the player of the season thus far, not only for his form, but also for the way he's taken on responsibility after Arsenal's squad was depleted earlier in the season. I thin he's matured a lot over the past season and a half, but especially after Fabregas left.

In other news, United got lucky against Spurs today. I'm a United fan but Spurs played the better football until they went down 2-0, and didn't deserve to lose the way they did. I also think Adebayor's goal should have stood. I was really hoping for a draw. Even a Spurs win would have been fine with me because they really have been excellent this year, which is not something I can say for United.

Also, Villas Boas out. I don't think he was ever the man for the job, but once they gave him such a massive project to undertake it was inevitable that performance would fall and that the senior players would resist a rebuilding that saw them replaced. It would have been nice if upper management had backed his endeavours. But, such is another year at Chelsea. It would be absolutely comical if Di Matteo does an even worse job; then Abramovich would really have something to think about.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Mikevigar
              • Jan 2010

/\ I'm still at a loss to understand how we have come out losing like that, before Rooney scored I could only see one outcome in that game.

As for AVB, hugely difficult job, and surely any manager is going to think twice before taking that job in the Summer. I can't see Jose going for it given he's already experienced boardroom disquiet and that was in the really good years. I think Benitez will take it if he's offered because he's desperate for a job.

Comment

• asdf123
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                I think he's been the player of the season thus far, not only for his form, but also for the way he's taken on responsibility after Arsenal's squad was depleted earlier in the season. I thin he's matured a lot over the past season and a half, but especially after Fabregas left.

In other news, United got lucky against Spurs today. I'm a United fan but Spurs played the better football until they went down 2-0, and didn't deserve to lose the way they did. I also think Adebayor's goal should have stood. I was really hoping for a draw. Even a Spurs win would have been fine with me because they really have been excellent this year, which is not something I can say for United.

Also, Villas Boas out. I don't think he was ever the man for the job, but once they gave him such a massive project to undertake it was inevitable that performance would fall and that the senior players would resist a rebuilding that saw them replaced. It would have been nice if upper management had backed his endeavours. But, such is another year at Chelsea. It would be absolutely comical if Di Matteo does an even worse job; then Abramovich would really have something to think about.
                Spurs lacked the spark in the final 3rd. One Luka Modric is not enough. Their squad is just too shallow.
                United played quite good as a away team. Scholes did a good job in the midfield same as Giggsy. Damn, those are some classy veteran players that are fun to watch.

On the AVB part. Before comming to CFC he was the man with unique ideas about tactics and the game overall. Too bad he sacrificed them when he took on Chelsea. He benched the old chumps and tried something new, too bad he didn't have enough time to "toy around" a bit more or just last to the summer transfer window.
                Judging the game vs WBA. I think the players lost/played bad because in some way wanted to teach AVB a lesson. And they did manage to do that. That might be a bit of a overstatement but damn, that game was a joke.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                  • Jan 2010

/\ United are probably the hardest team in the league to break down, and with Bale and VDV out who are two of our most creative players it was always going to be tough, and I think it was a game where we needed players like Defoe on who like a potshot from the edge of the area. I think if that Spurs goal stands its a different game, and it looks a really harsh call when you watch it in real time.

To call Spurs' squad shallow is a bit harsh don't you think? For the first time in ages we actually have an incredibly good squad given we're third despite Lennon, Bale, Defoe, Sandro, Adebayor, Modric, Dawson, King, Gallas and Huddlestone all missing a few games through injury.

I think it was a great performance by Spurs until that third United goal went in, at which point they lost interest. I just hope we don't crumble now, though I'm confident we won't given our attitude yesterday at 1 and 2-0 down.

Comment

• modern77
                    • Oct 2006

Gunners almost pulled off the impossible. Almost is never good enough though..wished they had played this way in the first leg. Nevertheless, spirited performance and one to be applauded.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

agreed, too bad they fucked the first round

Leverkusen is currently being ripped a new one
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• coldcreep
                        • Jan 2012

Looking forward to see if City will drop points today. Chelsea seem to have a spark recently.

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Come from behind victory. City didn't even play well. They got a lucky break with the penalty (dumb of Essien to flail his hands about). They weren't threatening before, but once they got the equalizer the crowd was behind them.

The commentators kept talking about great tactics from Mancini, but as far as I saw the "tactics" were just to flood the field with attackers who do the same thing and hope one of them could produce something. Hardly the calculated chess move they made it out to be.

Comment

• dmash
                            • Jun 2011

So gents, who's your money on for the title? City or United?

Side note, really disappointed in how Tottenham is finishing up. Also, SO happy Torres broke his scoreless streak (what was it, 26 games?!)

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

^That Chelsea vs. Tottenham match was like watching paint dry. I can't believe I woke up early for that. Neither side wanted to win.

Comment

• dmash
                                • Jun 2011

Not only that, but just the latter half of their season period. I expected more from them to be honest.

Arsenal on the other hand is doing the exact opposite! They're playing well! Already off to a good start vs Villa.

Edit: FANTASTIC start......already 2-0. Wow what a great goal!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎