Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

What's your point? It's easy to dismiss things you're not interested in as inferior. You're doing it with Loro Piana, while the retards at TFP do it with Augusta.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• aphex27
      • Jan 2009

I never said they're inferior.
      I said they cater to a certain demographic.
      I explained what that demographic is.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

New season dipped titanium sneakers, as far as I know the first pair to pop up at a retailer.
        Online sales of international clothing brands and young independent designers, unique fashion products result of intense research and selection.
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

Any chance anyone could PM me login info for http://carolchristianpoell.mak.at/co...alecollections
          I'd really like to browse through it
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• gavagai
            • May 2010

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
            New season dipped titanium sneakers, as far as I know the first pair to pop up at a retailer.
            http://www.lazzariweb.it/shop/produc...9ec4337194d5d5
            Nike Air Shox? These are a step back in my opinion. Overall shape and look are on the decline.

Amazing that the price seems to be cheaper than previous editions...

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Those soles are hilarious. I'm curious if anyone here likes them.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                • Oct 2009

I like the new sole construction and the hidden titanium part on the side. Not sure though what that sole is made of and how it will hold up. Leather would not be strong enough I assume. Titanium as well?
                They are not cheaper though, last season sneakers are all around 1600€ to 1800€.
                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I'm pretty sure the soles were discussed at some point in this thread. they were used in boots as well, but I haven't come across a store that got them. considering its just one pair on Lazzari, perhaps its a custom order that someone backed out on, or something like that.

the "loop" is leather, could be reinforced with something though.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
                    lol...This is pretty indefensible even for the most harcore Poellians...

http://www.laboratorio35.com/Carol-C...5-STON-21.html
                    well you must understand, that CCP like many other designers, didn't just create a phenomenal body of work without experimenting, and making mistake along the way..............creating is about refining ideas and being relentless in executing your vision

That being said, I don't think those sneakers at all bad, the color is terrible, but had they been black, , they would have had just the amount of restraint and edginess (with the sole extending all the way up you heel to your ankles) to make them nice
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• aphex27
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      well you must understand, that CCP like many other designers, didn't just create a phenomenal body of work without experimenting, and making mistake along the way..............creating is about refining ideas and being relentless in executing your vision

That being said, I don't think those sneakers at all bad, the color is terrible, but had they been black, , they would have had just the amount of restraint and edginess (with the sole extending all the way up you heel to your ankles) to make them nice
                      A post of mine from earlier in the thread:

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
                      Maybe...but a designer who takes as many risks as Poell is bound to have some failures. This boot is a failure imho.
                      I don't get why I'm being talked to (not by you) like I just proclaimed Mohamed a fag in the middle of Riyadh square...

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

I was just looking at those as well. I think they have potential but it depends on how well they hold their shape while crushed. It could result in a really interestingly textured boot or just a mass wrapped around your feet. I'll have to see them in person before making my final judgement
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Pretty damn remarkable as far as the material goes. I'd love to know the composition.. if there is one. Ugly as hell, though. I imagine they're difficult to wear no matter how you shape them. They're likely to just stretch / reform while walking and then they may not even stay on your feet. Unless there is a hidden 'derby' or something to cup your foot. And if they are stiff enough to hold their shape they can't be all that comfortable. Not that it's ever been an area of concern.

Comment

• gavagai
                            • May 2010

Well, I think CCP should stick with heels. Those "trash bag" boots can't be comfortable to wear.

There is nothing wrong with holding back on the experimentation and perfecting early prototypes...

Comment

• Marko
                              • Jul 2009

With regards to the looped sole boots. It is just leather and it is not reinforced, as I had imagined they would be, with any sort of an insert. When you walk in them, the sole does squish a very little bit. This makes walking in them a tiny bit different because it puts a little bounce in your step. I am between 160-170 lbs, I haven't weighed myself in a while, and they feel like they would never collapse entirely, the leather of the sole is quite thick. I think they look awesome, to me it is an extension, or furthering, of the shoes he did before with the extra sole, which created a gap in front of the heel.

Comment

• tomatous
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Judging simply by the photos of the crushed aluminum boot - it would appear that there is a "slipper" like portion that would keep the boot on your foot?

Wonder if the aluminum resides between two pieces of leather?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎