Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

yeah wire somehow i think SZ in 2011 has been more and more about craft (which is totally coherent with the local rising consumerism) and less about vision. it's like people here were more interested in knowing how and where the shit they buy, want to buy or sell is sewn, washed and dyed, than in understanding what the collections are about.

people are not interested in art here? a forum where everyone knows who is poell and nobody knows who decker is a strange consequence of geekism X consumerism X digitalism
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MWNN
      Banned
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wire.artist
      maybe paying a little attention to simone decker's work before making any comments about it and getting defensive with poell's work would be the wise thing to do...it's a very interesting project
      Of course maybe you are right, I didn't mean that his project is bad.
      I was talking about the quality of making reflective clothing =)))

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        yeah wire somehow i think SZ in 2011 has been more and more about craft (which is totally coherent with the local rising consumerism) and less about vision. it's like people here were more interested in knowing how and where the shit they buy, want to buy or sell is sewn, washed and dyed, than in understanding what the collections are about.

people are not interested in art here? a forum where everyone knows who is poell and nobody knows who decker is a strange consequence of geekism X consumerism X digitalism
        Agreed. We lost the big picture, aka fashion, somewhere down the line.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Anyway, dropping a picture or a name doesn't make a meaningfull analogy. Is the reference to Decker's work more interesting than the previous to Schiele's ? Not completely sure.
          How does the X-fabric make sense in CCP's work and aesthetic ? That's the true question.
          BSR thinks that it belongs to the protection theme : titanium+reflective fabric = full protection for the wearer during day and night-time. But it can only be ironical.

I would say that it belongs to CCP's effort to give the garment its - relative - independence from the wearer. His garments have their own life - and light is one of the sources of life, naturally and metaphorically speaking. In addition, the X-fabric, when enlighten, nullifies the wearer's body - or, at least, makes him disappear in the dark while the shape and the strong lines of the garment are enhanced - another regular feature in his work.
          Thanks, now we can go back to tag's discussions.

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

mwnn, tell us, did you cop the reflective coat in order to disappear? or because you're afraid of car accident?
            Last edited by BSR; 12-19-2011, 03:30 AM.
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• MWNN
              Banned
              • Mar 2011

BSR, your sarcasm is very strange to me. To my mind if u had one of CCP reflective coats, u wouldn't have been so ironic. Don't be jealous, honey)
              Your philosophic talks about art and Decker's work are really shallow. I told you my opinion, i do think that Decker's coats are nothing, comparing to CCP. I'm a collector of CCP's clothing, he is a true artist and unrivaled designer. So be respectful to the opinion of other people. Don't try to impose on your ideas. Opinions differ

Comment

• droogist
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MWNN View Post
                BSR, your sarcasm is very strange to me. To my mind if u had one of CCP reflective coats, u wouldn't have been so ironic. Don't be jealous, honey)
                Your philosophic talks about art and Decker's work are really shallow. I told you my opinion, i do think that Decker's coats are nothing, comparing to CCP. I'm a collector of CCP's clothing, he is a true artist and unrivaled designer. So be respectful to the opinion of other people. Don't try to impose on your ideas. Opinions differ
                Relax. BSR made a joke based on Christian's post. He wasn't dissing you or your jacket.

As for Simone Decker's work, I'm sorry to have to point out the obvious but it's clear that it wasn't her intention to design functional coats to wear. They were part of an installation.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                  Relax. BSR made a joke based on Christian's post. He wasn't dissing you or your jacket.

As for Simone Decker's work, I'm sorry to have to point out the obvious but it's clear that it wasn't her intention to design functional coats to wear. They were part of an installation.
                  So, this is a strong connection between her and CCP.
                  Last edited by Chant; 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• MWNN
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DRRRK
                    MWNN, there is nothing strange about what is obviously a joke. Like you say, opinions differ, but since when is having a different opinion disrespectful? I never understood what you are buying clothes for at all, but by telling BSR he's jealous I get the impression you collect clothes to brag about them which in my book is all the more shallow.
                    Brag ? You seriously.
                    If i want to brag i would post more photos of my clothes ! But as you can see i posted only one cause the guy was interested in it. Thats why i dont like to show my stuff cause people begin to think that I am braggin it ! (this thread is an example)

Comment

• diorowen
                      • Aug 2010

Interesting,
                      I think the reflective material was used as a part of the protection theme as the element to protect the user from light exposure, kinda like reflecting the light back to its source.
                      Poell will probably produce sunglasses soon

Still i kinda disagree to say poell design is not functional to wear.

Ah, but i will be more interested in "blackening coat", where it makes me and the coat disappear in the darkness
                      Last edited by diorowen; 12-19-2011, 08:32 AM.
                      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                        So, this a strong connection between her and CCP.
                        Hahahahaha!!! Well played.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                          Ah, but i will be more interested in "blackening coat", where it makes me and the coat disappear in the darkness
                          Blackening coat, fabric code: NIGREDO
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Enaml
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                            Just watch out for cars while crossing the street, then.
                            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                              Just watch out for cars while crossing the street, then.

A man once asked his friend, being in a hurry..........
                              What is the quickest way to get to the hospital

his friend replied............Just run out into the street, when something ( a vehicle) is coming very fast...........
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MWNN View Post
                                Brag ? You seriously.
                                If i want to brag i would post more photos of my clothes ! But as you can see i posted only one cause the guy was interested in it. Thats why i dont like to show my stuff cause people begin to think that I am braggin it ! (this thread is an example)
                                You can't be serious. FFS, your ImageShack nick is Richbitch1.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎