Clear All
  • Haven
    • Oct 2011

It sure did

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Haven View Post
      Thank you, I find the cult surrounding CCP slightly odd bit I've noticed I probably am a minority with that opinion
      nah there are plenty that agree with u. i think for some enthusiasts, ccp is like the end of a long journey thru mens fashion. its like the end of fashion. you can say to yourself, "well thats it. this encompasses all aspects of what i've always been looking for but didn't really know it." theory, construction, materials, treatments, fit, philosophy, innovation, originality, creativity, branding via anti-branding, bad assness factor, exclusivity. everything. all else pales in comparison in at least one of those vital categories.

you could also say maybe that ccp fans are like Rush fans. a lot of people can respect it but don't really get it. but those that do are rabid about it and view those that aren't with a certain degree of pity. lol.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• swami
        • Jul 2008

Well there seem to be a few polarizing camps on SZ no?
        CCP of course evokes the most responses or passion just by the nature of its existence/availability/price etc

I for one Love MA+ with as much fervor as CCP but completely detest anything Julius ...

Comment

• Haven
          • Oct 2011

I might change my mind when handling some CCP, need to visit Campbell next time in Berlin. Out of my price-range however, already think some of the pieces a pick up is a bit pricey but hey, what are money for?

Comment

• Halber Mensch
            • Oct 2011

It's also not justifiable for some big company to charge their prices , when the product actually has been produced for a fraction of the price in some third world country.
            This might be some lame comparison, but it probably makes you feel better if you get addicted to CCP and look for reasons to justify your purchase.

Comment

• aphex27
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
              ^quality in general seems almost an absurdist thing at this point. the zipper came off my first ccp boots in entirety after 4 wearings. attention to detail, exclusivity, consumer behavior drive price in general far more than "quality". a logo piana cashmere coat could last a lifetime but you won't see many here wearing one
              Maybe that was a one-off? I have thoroughly abused my 2 pairs of boots and they're as good as new...

Also, Loro Piana has it's own clientele.
              They're old, rich and know nothing about clothes.

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
                Also, Loro Piana has it's own clientele.
                They're old, rich and know nothing about clothes.
                this guy here is old and rich. i don't think he knows his bbs from his ccp, but he's probably too busy doing other things to worry about that stuff..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

man... 135 mil for that klimt. I would have projected it to have been much more. Fascinating history behind that piece though as it was commissioned by a well to do Jewish woman, yet stolen and prized by the Nazis and only decades later returned to the niece of that woman. I didn't know that she sold it.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• aphex27
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                    this guy here is old and rich. i don't think he knows his bbs from his ccp, but he's probably too busy doing other things to worry about that stuff..
                    Sorry it's a bit tl;dr...what does it say about loro piana? That Lauder wears it?

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

well, you're making a generalization about a certain class/age of people associated with a luxury brand.

i'm saying knowledge of clothing is inconsequential to the rich and old. they are too busy staying the the 1% to worry about clothing.

an if you are old and poor, you just worry about your blood pressure.

Comment

• aphex27
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                        well, you're making a generalization about a certain class/age of people associated with a luxury brand.

i'm saying knowledge of clothing is inconsequential to the rich and old. they are too busy staying the the 1% to worry about clothing.

an if you are old and poor, you just worry about your blood pressure.
                        Do you think that you need to have 3 billion to be considered rich??

I'm missing the connection...

What does a random article about a random billionaire heir have to do with Loro Piana?

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

do you know why i can't provide you with a deeper understanding? because no one is mad enough to do a survey of rich/old people who buy LP to prove they have no understanding of clothing.

thanks for ruining my lunch.

Comment

• aphex27
                            • Jan 2009

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

I think what endersgame is saying is that fashion as a whole, from the avantgarde to the most classic approach, is generally a middle class thing.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• poellharnden
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2011

Sorry but how is class about Carol Christian Poell? I think off topic because Poell is avant garde and not luxury like watch or diamond. I'm waiting for my special order two months now? Anyone knows how long this take? I order self-edge so maybe longer than regular cloth?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎