X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

I used to love this thread!
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

the recent deep psychological dissertations on carol's work in this thread are astounding.

Comment

• copacetic
        • Nov 2010

at the end of the day, though, i lack the fact that in spite of poell's self-seriousness, nothing can stop a goofy italian named federico (online handle "Jack Torrance") from waltzing into his store and messing with the shoe display like a 5-year-old.

i like federico's attitude. i'm going to be in rome in march, so maybe i'll head over to salieri, shit in the bathroom and not flush it.
        And "When the prince has gathered about him
        "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by poellharnden View Post
            Rubber dip shoes is the best of all.

Please pictures of leather jackets to make me happier!
            Last warning. I will ban you if you keep referring to the shit you own and the shit you want to buy. This thread is for discussing Poell's work.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JACK TORRANCE
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
              at the end of the day, though, i lack the fact that in spite of poell's self-seriousness, nothing can stop a goofy italian named federico (online handle "Jack Torrance") from waltzing into his store and messing with the shoe display like a 5-year-old.

i like federico's attitude. i'm going to be in rome in march, so maybe i'll head over to salieri, shit in the bathroom and not flush it.
              does it feel good being so cool??

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Dudes.. let it go. This isn't at all what these threads are for and the hundreds of other members don't give a shit. Go to WAYWT for drama.

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

probably been posted before but i really like this video
                  "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

probably has been...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ivans On High
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2008

The fit pictures of the leather wonton jacket are up on darklands:

It is no-doubt a ridiculous jacket, but I quite like the fit when worn open. I think the neck strap that is used to shape the 'collar' is much too chunky and really offers no functionality - the shape and fit it provides seems arbitrary in the grand scheme of the jacket. I think it would look better if it were more integrated, though I know this goes against a major part of his aesthetic (exposed shanks, unlined jackets, exposed titanium and what not).

I think this style works a little better in the denim version, though I get the impression that people think everything is superior in leather. The denim version doesn't get (as much of) the awkward pulling across the chest when closed.

edit: here is a post by copacetic which is still relevant. And more eloquent.

Comment

• copacetic
                        • Nov 2010

i'm glad this piece got brought up again because i think it's ccp's defining garment for male 2010.

forget where i was reading this...or who wrote it. well, apologies for the lack of attribution, but the breakdown was as follows:

dead-end: inward focus. (whenever i look at the overlock stitching on my dead-end jeans, for example, i always like to pull the fabric apart and watch the overlocks stretch. but it's inward in that the fabric is pinched in, and the dead-end construction makes a crevice.)

self-edge: outward focus. (seeing the selvage white and red edge seems a nod to the space outside the boundary of the fabric.)

so the funny thing about the this self-edge short jacket is that the self-edge suggests an outward focus, but the jacket is swallowing up the wearer (inward)!

i could go farther with an interpretation, but i'll sit on it for now.

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

the fe-male version of the wonton jacket in selvedge looks absolutely fantastic IRL

problem with these pics is that the styling is amateurish and not in the best sense. i bet the leather could look dope as well...
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• copacetic
                            • Nov 2010

i'm not saying that the jacket can't look great/dope/impressive. on the contrary. i think the piece can look great while also being subversive/having theoretical heft.

agreed on the awkward styling from ccp, but i think the styling from darklands looks quite good. i'd wear it the same way.

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

this is not the styling from ccp, it's the styling from a buyer who visited the showroom
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• aphex27
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                I think the point is that its easier to comprehend someone being a dick when you have some understanding where they are coming from.
                                Not really, I could tell you're a dick from just this one post.

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                1°) You should maybe take the time.
                                2°) Clothes are meant to be worn, aren't they ? And the way they look worn - especially shoes and boots - is a bit different from what the look like in the window display.
                                1. I do want to...
                                2. Absolutely agree about clothes. It's (almost) all about the fit and how they look worn. Shoes...I don't think there's a big difference...unless you mean how the context changes depending on the rest of the attire...

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                for poell i'm afraid this 2°) does not apply

the problem isn't there. aphex27, you are among those people who think there is something like real beauty, that people can choose to recognize or not, and that you're among those who have good taste and know when the beauty is in front of us and when it's not. but to paraphrase you what's dumb is dumb. the 4 of us have lost our time.
                                I wonder how many times you've posted in the WTF thread...
                                Does it stand for Why isn't there real beauty-and why can't I tell if I have good Taste-but this object which I can't make a judgment on brings me a Fucking headache?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎