Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • max_yeah_true
    • Apr 2012

What is this exactly? I've never heard of it.
    I have bought this before moving to London and wore it 5-6 times since I got here. It was brand new when I got it and from what I have heard kind of rare since it's an old model. If anyone is interested I would part with it as I don't wear it much often. all the tags are back in Canada. Send me a...

Edit: nvm found the same listing in sz marketplace which gave more info.

Comment

• 8bpc
      • May 2010

Has anyone handled Rick Owens FW13 "vintage" leather (not certain of the product code at the moment), and can you comment on the quality of this leather? In the photographs it appears to be between a smooth leather and blistered leather.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

It's almost like a buffed pebbled leather(?) I thought it felt very nice.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• 8bpc
          • May 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          It's almost like a buffed pebbled leather(?) I thought it felt very nice.
          Perhaps simple differences in word selection, but in the close up photographs I saw it didn't look anything like a pebbled leather. It looked more like a very lightly blistered leather. Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

• neostrifeX
            • Jun 2013

Could some explain to me the pros and cons of the hammered vs blistered lamb leather that Rick Owens uses in his leather jackets? I know what jacket model I want, however I don't know which of those variations to choose.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

blistered looks fucked up and is thinner, hammered looks old school and is thicker.

Comment

• dunglan7
                • Sep 2010

^ This pretty much sums it up. Blister is softer and will fold or crease more easily. Hammered on the other hand is more stiff and will hold its shape better

Comment

• Liquid
                  • Jul 2009

Has anyone seen all black geobaskets in a 45? The all black ones seem like the rarest/least popular, and big sizes are also pretty hard to find.
                  Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society. -MT

Comment

• max_yeah_true
                    • Apr 2012

Is it possible to make a non-black rick owens bomber look like a regular black by dying it? If so, how should I do it? It would be for personal use, and I'd want it to stay looking like an original black as long as possible.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Has anyone handled Rick's "new blister" leather from this season? Any thoughts/opinions on it? The one I'm looking at is described as black but looks to have a bluish/greyish tone.
                      music

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by max_yeah_true View Post
                        Is it possible to make a non-black rick owens bomber look like a regular black by dying it? If so, how should I do it? It would be for personal use, and I'd want it to stay looking like an original black as long as possible.
                        what colour is it?

chances are it contains various different materials and regular "home dye" will only work with natural fibres, which means that any elastic bits, threads etc might stay the original colour.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• max_yeah_true
                          • Apr 2012

Army green. Any special dyes I can use?
                          Last edited by max_yeah_true; 01-09-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• delicious_not
                            • Dec 2012

anyone dealt with Plinth's japanese brushed cotton with a code JBR? stiff or soft? and i bet it's pretty hard to keep this fabric clean from the dust?

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

How much can a tailor decrease the waist of a pair of suit pants? My body has fucked up dimensions, need a ~52 jacket to fit me but my waist is 41 cm ish and 52 pants are something like 45-46cm typically from what I gather. Is this doable?
                              I do not recognise the vessel,
                              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Does anyone happen to know how the sizing of Masnada footwear (and clothing) is? True to size or should I be sizing down a la CCP/A1923 etc?

Thanks in advance!
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎