Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianK
    • Jan 2013

Is it possible to dye white RO dunks with white dye so it looks new again? Or will this destroy the leather?

Comment

• t-bone
      • Dec 2009

What is white dye? You mean paint? Or bleach? Try both and report back.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
        Is it possible to dye white RO dunks with white dye so it looks new again? Or will this destroy the leather?

the 'white dye' available in shoe shops / cobblers is usually not a real 'dye' - rather it is a white coating (some sort of acrylic or something) that covers the surface. it looks a bit plastic-y / cheap imo, and you'll probably need to cover the whole white area to make it look even.

i say fuck the box-fresh look anyway - just let your sneaks get worn. its rick owens, dude.

Comment

• teddybonkers
          • Jan 2013

gimp hoodie

i just bought a rick owens gimp hoodie in pearl. I was wondering if anyone ever dyed anything similar to this black and the outcome.

Comment

• The-Arm
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by teddybonkers View Post
            i just bought a rick owens gimp hoodie in pearl. I was wondering if anyone ever dyed anything similar to this black and the outcome.
            I've had some success dying a few rick pieces black....you can purchase dylon dye from your local supermarket (it's a washing machine safe dye) use with plenty of salt. Note that any synthetic parts of the piece you are dying may not take so well, I at all.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I recall the stitching is synthetic, so it will remain white (assuming thats the original color)
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

i've dyed some drkshdw pieces black and that's worked out fine. seam thread was cotton. never dyed white drkshdw gimp or white drkshdw zippers, but on my black gimps the zippers are cotton and have dyed well when i've re-dyed them black after the shirts have faded. u can check what material seam threads are, by taking a small sample (there are usually loose ends somewhere) and burning it. if it melts when it burns then it's synthetic and probably won't take the dye.
                Last edited by Shucks; 12-03-2013, 10:07 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I vaguely remember someone saying the stitching on hoodies is synthetic, but I could be wrong, and it could also vary...
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

I think most thread were blend with polyester instead of 100% cotton. So if you burn it will not melt like nylon but also will not absorb dye well like 100% cotton thread.
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• teddybonkers
                      • Jan 2013

Thanks for your input guys

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by The-Arm View Post
                        I've had some success dying a few rick pieces black....you can purchase dylon dye from your local supermarket (it's a washing machine safe dye) use with plenty of salt. Note that any synthetic parts of the piece you are dying may not take so well, I at all.
                        if you use something like RIT, which is an all purpose dye, its possible to get the threads to dye too, the problem with all purpose dyes is that they do not retain the color as long as fibre specific dyes.
                        One way to get around this is to do a two stage dyeing, where you do a polyester dye job first (not the easiest thing but doable) and then a traditional cotton dye process, this way you get both the thread and the fabric a uniform color instead of having a contrast
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• okayvin
                          • Sep 2013

anybody know of a japan proxy that does incremental bids instead of bidding your maximum price from the start?

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

hey, what season did rick owens change to 46, 48, 50, etc and change the sizing so a 48 = small, 46 = xs, 50 = medium, etc?

thanks
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• josecc
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                              hey, what season did rick owens change to 46, 48, 50, etc and change the sizing so a 48 = small, 46 = xs, 50 = medium, etc?

thanks
                              iirc AW11

Comment

• 8bpc
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by mononon View Post

thanks
                                I believe SS11 Anthem had the sizing change, but I'm not certain if that was the exact season of the change.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎