Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

I have a pair of Plokhov pants with button closures at the cuffs. I prefer to wear them tucked into boots, because the part where the buttons are is pretty stiff (double fabric) and sticks out somehow. I doubt that the bottom part will stack in a good way. An alteration should be no big problem though and the pants have a nice fit overall, so go for it.

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Might be a long shot but I need a proxy to do an in-person pickup in Hokkaido Japan. Any ideas?

Comment

• livefree
        • Feb 2011

Los Angeles/Orange County tailor recommendation

I just purchased my first Devoa jacket, http://www.blackcelebrationstore.com..._Jacket_,55,61. Love everything about it, but the jacket length and sleeves are a bit too long.

What tailor would you recommend in Los Angeles or Orange County to shorten the Devoa jacket?

Also, the sleeves are 2 inches too long but they have functional buttons and a structured shoulder. Is it a good idea to try to shorten the arms? I don't mind the sleeves being a bit long since I don't mind the look and a lot of the model photos have the sleeves hitting at the knuckle.
        ***Cloak jacket in navy with cutout lapel & 4 buttons. Don't know the name of the item, here's a pic - http://i.imgur.com/Srrvzl.jpg (if anyone knows the name of the jacket, PLS let me know)
        ***Sell me your Julius leather in sz 2. Preferably in grey.

Comment

• nahneun
          • Feb 2011

Because the cuffs are functional, you will have to alter it from the shoulder. It is not an easy job, and it will be difficult for even a skilled tailor to do well. I would personally recommend just wearing it as is.

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

dont shorten the sleeves! the sleeves are cut intentionally long and it's how they'd like to have it hit on the wearer. of course it's your own so you are free to do whatever you want, but if you ever tire of it and want to sell it to get something else you'll have quite a hard time finding a seller with "i shortened the sleeves" in the listing. i personally love really long sleeves.

Comment

• okayvin
              • Sep 2013

Since it is made of washi, the fabric may crease at the elbows and shorten the sleeve naturally. I recommend wearing it for a while first. I've never owned washi before though.

Comment

• livefree
                • Feb 2011

Thanks for the replies, the sleeves are awesome as is. I promise I won't shorten the sleeves :)

If anyone has any LA/OC tailor recs, let me know. I probably will shorten the overall length, but let me know if that is a bad idea.
                ***Cloak jacket in navy with cutout lapel & 4 buttons. Don't know the name of the item, here's a pic - http://i.imgur.com/Srrvzl.jpg (if anyone knows the name of the jacket, PLS let me know)
                ***Sell me your Julius leather in sz 2. Preferably in grey.

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

I'm thinking of buying from a SuFu seller but of his 700+ posts, i can only find a few of them even using google. Was the forum wiped at some point?

If he has neg rep, should I take that as a bad sign? Or do some people get negged for trivial reasons?

Comment

• jskidder1
                    • Jan 2011

as i recall, neg rep was given almost exclusively for wearing something that someone else didn't like. not so much for classified transactions.

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                      Yea, you're right it doesn't make sense to let them take 60% especially when you only get paid if it sells anyway. The only reason I was considering it is if they would buy it outright as some consignment stores give this option (though they take a bigger cut when they do this) but looks like both stores only pay once it sells.
                      It depends on the item. Some things don't photograph well or are from brands that are too obscure or don't have a cult following so that their name doesn't get searched on ebay or whatever. those items will do better in a consignment store, because people can come across them by accident and appreciate them, whereas they wouldn't even have been exposed to them on a website. But you do get ripped off a bit, it depends on what you want. consignment also spares you the hassle of sending and tracking stuff, and that's worth something as well.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                        • Jan 2013

What seasons has Rick Owens offered the scuba in a thicker (non-blistered) leather? The pictures here look like they have nicer leather than current season ones to me.

Comment

• nvsnli
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
                          I'm thinking of buying from a SuFu seller but of his 700+ posts, i can only find a few of them even using google. Was the forum wiped at some point?

If he has neg rep, should I take that as a bad sign? Or do some people get negged for trivial reasons?
                          The reasons can be trivial in SuFu + apparently if you paid for the membership you can neg or positive rep a persons post -10/+10

I think you should focus on the persons sales thread, find out what is coming out when you search his username or email in google, are the pictures the person used found by other sales threads in the internet with the google image search and so on.

Comment

• okayvin
                            • Sep 2013

he has got a lot of enemies at -1400 rep then o_O

Comment

• twmllr
                              • Sep 2013

Is it ok to wash rick t shirts in the normal cycle with cold water? Or do I have to switch it to delicates?

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by twmllr View Post
                                Is it ok to wash rick t shirts in the normal cycle with cold water? Or do I have to switch it to delicates?
                                i am not sure but i have washed a rick tee in a fabric laundry bag and it was alright. better safe than sorry, handwash or get a delicate laundry bag and throw them in there with a colorless light detergent.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎