Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GucciAmen
    • Sep 2014

I'm surprised stores are still allowed to "flood the gates" like that. Haven't people actually died from these inane stampedes during black friday? Feeling some heavy second hand embarrassment.

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      This makes me want to quit the human race.
      New purchases only widen the void they were intended to fill.
      Well said, sir.

I was on call for the night and saw the queue in front of one of stores on my way home.
      Nothing, not even Helmut Lang quitting art and deciding to do fashion again or Guerlain re-releasing Djedi, would make me line up in front of a store for a whole night.

I also wonder who is going to wear this stuff and where are you going to wear it to?
      lavender menace

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
        Well said, sir.

I was on call for the night and saw the queue in front of one of stores on my way home.
        Nothing, not even Helmut Lang quitting art and deciding to do fashion again or Guerlain re-releasing Djedi, would make me line up in front of a store for a whole night.

I also wonder who is going to wear this stuff and where are you going to wear it to?
        to the yeezy season 2 line of course
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
            Well said, sir.

I also wonder who is going to wear this stuff and where are you going to wear it to, and for how long?
            Perhaps the most important question!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by newp View Post
              Black Friday and most Fast Fashion x Luxury Label in a nutshell
              "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• julian_doe
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                This makes me want to quit the human race.
                New purchases only widen the void they were intended to fill.

Beautifully stated, I couldn't agree more. This is disgusting.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                  • Nov 2014

Welp, the pieces are up on Grailed. 2-3x mark up for the Balmain Biker Jeans and about 1.5-3x increase for the leather jackets. Saw $200 for the logo shirt.
                  "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• En.
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                    Welp, the pieces are up on Grailed. 2-3x mark up for the Balmain Biker Jeans and about 1.5-3x increase for the leather jackets. Saw $200 for the logo shirt.
                    Grailed is flooded by Yeezy Season and this collaboration. The releases were too close.

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by En. View Post
                      Grailed is flooded by Yeezy Season and this collaboration. The releases were too close.
                      Like this twat: https://www.grailed.com/listings/250...ewneck-sweater

Has ordered the sweater from End for $430 (doesn't even have it in his possession yet, but has included screen shot so it's legit!) and then proceeds to triple the price to $1200

Comment

• En.
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by Law View Post
                        Like this twat: https://www.grailed.com/listings/250...ewneck-sweater

Has ordered the sweater from End for $430 (doesn't even have it in his possession yet, but has included screen shot so it's legit!) and then proceeds to triple the price to $1200
                        Totally sold out and one of the more eye catching pieces from the collection. Very versatile.
                        Ayy. I don't think I'll ever get over that it's just an oversized sweater.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Perhaps the most important question!
                          with the easiest answer, as most won't wear it at all, judging by how much is already available for inflated prices on third party marketplaces.

i'm a mix of angry as much as i am just saddened by the whole thing, but it was to be expected, so perhaps i should just shirk any feeling.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                            i'm a mix of angry as much as i am just saddened by the whole thing, but it was to be expected, so perhaps i should just shirk any feeling.
                            I knew that shit was going to happen as far as reselling. While I do feel disappointed about the way the masses are treating the collection. Ultimately, i won't be wearing any of the stuff and i won't care about it when i happen to see it with my own eyes (most likely from someone wearing it).

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

what is there to see though, I'm failing to see why this is even being discussed with such fervor, this place loves gossip lately.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                                I knew that shit was going to happen as far as reselling. While I do feel disappointed about the way the masses are treating the collection I also, ultimately, don't care about said collection and won't care about it when i happen to see it with my own eyes (most likely from someone wearing it).
                                it's a pretty safe bet that people will try and resell literally anything at this point.

i don't care either, but i do feel that it is a derision and almost an attack on what i hold dear about fashion, and that it's proof of absolute commercialization. though it's something that's been going on for a while, i do feel as though this is the zenith of the absolute mindlessness of the industry. avant-garde isn't far behind as far as reaching the mainstream goes, either, which is something i do care a bit more about aesthetically.

maybe i care a bit too much about something i shouldn't, but it really does hurt a bit to see the sheer vacuous nature of people merely buying into a label, supporting an evil corporation, and deriding and consuming what should not be so easily consumed. (balmain hasn't been a very true fashion brand for a long time, but you get the gist, i'd wager)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎