• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Defender
    Banned
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
    if you like anything on this planet just because it is elite, you are a tasteless person
    1) Who said just?

2) Liking things because they are elite is having good taste. The qualities that make one thing elite and another bullshit are matters of taste.

3) You're on a board full of elitists here, I'd take it easy on calling elitists fuckfaces.

Comment

• Lex1017
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Defender View Post
      1) Who said just?

2) Liking things because they are elite is having good taste. The qualities that make one thing elite and another bullshit are matters of taste.

3) You're on a board full of elitists here, I'd take it easy on calling elitists fuckfaces.
      Mmmmmmm I don't think so. It's odd that you would assume all "these people on this board" take pride/ wear being an elitist as a badge of honour. I don't get that vibe at all. Most people here seem to like interesting things for sure, but don't seem like the flexing types. Maybe my definition of elitist is different. Maybe Pompous glaring elitist is what i'm thinking of? No, no. I respect your opinion but I disagree with your post completely.

Comment

• HugAndWug
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Defender View Post
        1)
        2) Liking things because they are elite is having good taste.
        I thought the WTF thread was for posting material that is WTF not creating it.

Comment

• Lex1017
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          there is a difference between likening something because its "elite" than to simply practice elitism. the elite necessarily exist because they are genuinely better than others in some capacity and acts as a source of inspiration and aspiration to others

elitism is something else, to behave as if you or those you regard as more important or valuable are the only persons/ things that matter

I like elite things, which is why I wear only carpe diem or Carol footwear as in terms of quality and aesthetic among artisanal brands I consider those to be elite. I surely don't want footwear from some crap house that dont matter........
          YES, sorry I could not find the words. Agreed with this post completely. Typed my other one first but my use of flexing should be swapped with "practice etiltism. Thanks!

Comment

• Defender
            Banned
            • Jan 2015

Posting too much today...I've fallen into the booby hatch.

Comment

• okayvin
              • Sep 2013

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

just in case you feel like showing people your ass-crack, poell has you covered

Comment

• Lex1017
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
                http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c532700256

just in case you feel like showing people your ass-crack, poell has you covered

[IMG][/IMG]
                Am I missing something? Isn't there a backing to the slit in the second picture you posted?
                Last edited by Ahimsa; 11-10-2015, 05:59 PM. Reason: Don't repost images on same page thanks.

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

it looks like i missed something then

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

thats probably the front button

theres plenty of weird and ugly crap in Carol's repertoire if you look far back.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      thats probably the front button

theres plenty of weird and ugly crap in Carol's repertoire if you look far back.
                      something something pig entrails sweater

Comment

• shuit
                        • Apr 2012

As strange as some of them are, I actually enjoy seeing some of his old work- especially when the details that looks out of the place nod to the history of clothing itself. If my memory serves me right, those closure detail were very ordinary and heavily used during the medieval time when buttons are not commonly used as a closure (due to the cost/time spent on making).

It's actually kind of funny to see that fly button peeking out in between the slit.. to think that those button used to be considered a privilege a thousand years ago really give a perspective on how much things have change and how much more of it will be in the next hundred of years (clothing related/unrelated).

But I might be looking way too deep haha

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                          As strange as some of them are, I actually enjoy seeing some of his old work- especially when the details that looks out of the place nod to the history of clothing itself. If my memory serves me right, those closure detail were very ordinary and heavily used during the medieval time when buttons are not commonly used as a closure (due to the cost/time spent on making).

It's actually kind of funny to see that fly button peeking out in between the slit.. to think that those button used to be considered a privilege a thousand years ago really give a perspective on how much things have change and how much more of it will be in the next hundred of years (clothing related/unrelated).

But I might be looking way too deep haha
                          that's the back
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• shuit
                            • Apr 2012

I know, that's why it's brilliant.

This closure have been used multiple ways during that time period. Most of the times it's directly above/at the crotch, but sometime it also appear on sideseam and center back. The most interesting one I've come across appear in between the thigh where the crotch gusset is completely removable so that the codpiece can be shown in some occasion.

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Oki-ni doing ~4% discounts for mid-season sale?!
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
                                • Jan 2015

So... Grailed is apparently now actively supporting the people reselling Yeezy and H&M X Balmain at insane prices

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎