X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex1017
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
    A video showing a H&M store opening the flood gates, to put it nicely, for the Balmain collab. Never cease to amaze me

https://instagram.com/p/9s_L2zSGsM/
    I wrote a post about how fucked this is, re-read it and it wasn't really cohesive. All i'll say is this is sad. WTF indeed.

Comment

• SuE
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      They can't control someone else's lyrics, but they can control their Instagram. Ann is a cult brand. All attempts to make it otherwise are misguided and doomed.
      PJ Harvey was a top 10 (UK) act when Ann D hooked up with her. Unless you've got evidence that nobody in 'fashion' listens to/is inspired by Asap Rocky I don't understand why you'd be so dismissive of the photo.

Kendall on the other hand...
      One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SuE View Post
        PJ Harvey was a top 10 (UK) act when Ann D hooked up with her. Unless you've got evidence that nobody in 'fashion' listens to/is inspired by Asap Rocky I don't understand why you'd be so dismissive of the photo.

Kendall on the other hand...
        I don't even now how to respond to a comparison of PJ Harvey and ASAP Rocky
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SuE
          • Jan 2013

I don't even now how to respond to a comparison of PJ Harvey and ASAP Rocky
          They are both relatively popular musicians... why the snobbery?

Comment

• En.
            • May 2015

PJ is good and fits the brand image while Rocky is mediocre at his best and just wears designer clothing acting like a fa$hion icon.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Snobbery? Only idiots like you brought up in contemporary times mark any difference in taste as snobbery. Fuck off and die.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SuE
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by En. View Post
                PJ is good and fits the brand image while Rocky is mediocre at his best and just wears designer clothing acting like a fa$hion icon.
                Was that the initial argument though? The first objection was that Asap is a popular artist and Ann is a cult brand but that doesn't hold weight when PJ Harvey is also a popular artist.

Snobbery? Only idiots like you brought up in contemporary times mark any difference in taste as snobbery. Fuck off and die.
                well there it is. say you disapprove because you asap isn't to your taste instead of couching it in other ways

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Was that the initial argument though? The first objection was that Asap is a popular artist and Ann is a cult brand but that doesn't hold weight when PJ Harvey is also a popular artist.

well there it is. say you disapprove because you asap isn't to your taste instead of couching it in other ways
                  the way that pj harvey and asap promote and act about fashion are vastly different, which is the point here. pj harvey is a huge artist, but there isn't the same cult of personality or fanbase that asap has. fashion is something that is a lot different in the importance of their respective celebrities.

asap is definitely not pj harvey. they're both popular musicians, but that's where the similarities end.

Comment

• En.
                    • May 2015

Yes, that was the initial argument. Two different popular artists; one fits, the other doesn't. It makes sense to use PJ for celebrity endorsement but not Rocky.

Rocky is a part of my tastes so that's not the case.

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

More than 500 peoples spent the night to wait the opening at H&M Regent Street...

Comment

• Defender
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2015

Honestly, this kind of rush to buy collaborations at shit stores and clothing by shit "designers" like Kanye is good for the type of fashion we seem to be into.

Any time the masses devour more garbage, it becomes more elite to prefer artisan products.

This is not like McDonald's suddenly offering filet mignon...It's like McDonald's offering the same burgers with a wrapper designed by Balmain.

It does nothing more than lower another brand into the shit heap, leaving fewer elite designers on the mountaintop.

It's like what a photographer friend of mine said about how everyone can take pictures with a cell phone or cheap dslr photographers offering free sessions for experience these days: "My competition is not a guy with a cell phone. If a potential client wants a free photo taken by a guy with a camera phone, then he was never going to be my client."

Comment

• En.
                          • May 2015

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                          Any time the masses devour more garbage, it becomes more elite to prefer artisan products.
                          It shouldn't be about elitism, it should be about appreciating quality and design. That's one of my issues with the Balmain collaboration and Kanye's poor attempt at clothing. The consumers don't have to like the aesthetic I do but should at the very least care about buying things that are actually worth buying.

Comment

• Defender
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by En. View Post
                            The consumers...should at the very least care about buying things that are actually worth buying.
                            I don't know where you are from, but this statement hit me really hard because the idea that a person from where I'm from, northern Illinois, would care about the quality of anything they are purchasing is so far removed from the realm of possibility that it took me a while to figure out what you were saying.

The only stores that are being built here are Dollar General stores. Every small village (500-1000 residents) in Illinois or Wisconsin is suddenly getting a Dollar General as the only store in town. This is worse than WalMart quality, and the people are happy.

We have an H+M at the local mall now, and I'm almost tempted to go by there after work, because I can guarantee there's a full selection of Balmain X H+M available (if the store even received any).

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I am sure that store has no Balmain.

SuE, sorry I flew off the handle. I swore not to tell members to fuck off. My gist was, I am not a snob - you just have bad taste. That's my motto. Anyway, I was talking about Jenner - that was unforgivable. A$AP, I don't care about either way. But, the point is not only PJH music and Ann's clothes fit, but they are friends.

Whatever, Ann Demeulemeester is a different label now. They want to continue alienating hardcore fans; who am I to argue?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Defender
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2015

Ann Demeulemeester is a different label now.
                                That's an interesting new topic. I'm admittedly late to the party, but have people who bought Ann when she was designing there completely stopped buying the label now? The last few shows are markedly different than Ann's last shows...and not in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎