X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neongud
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Extreme Mildness View Post
    So... Grailed is apparently now actively supporting the people reselling Yeezy and H&M X Balmain at insane prices
    I find this better tbh. Finally my grailed feed won't be clogged with all this shit.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
      Mmmmmmm I don't think so. It's odd that you would assume all "these people on this board" take pride/ wear being an elitist as a badge of honour. I don't get that vibe at all. Most people here seem to like interesting things for sure, but don't seem like the flexing types. Maybe my definition of elitist is different. Maybe Pompous glaring elitist is what i'm thinking of? No, no. I respect your opinion but I disagree with your post completely.
      I make a distinction between low (folk) culture, mass culture and high culture and even add upper middle brow. Nowadays they don't correlate that strongly with social classes, well except for upper middle brow and the +-20 of university educated and relatively cultured people who get off that stuff. I don't think it is elitist to claim the superiority of high culture over Justin Bieber (masscult) or even a good TV series like the Sopranos (upper middle brow).
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Yuriii
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
        Maybe my definition of elitist is different. Maybe Pompous glaring elitist is what i'm thinking of? No, no. I respect your opinion but I disagree with your post completely.
        Let us continue this discussion of whether or not we are elitist. Truly we can sort this out amongst ourselves.

Comment

• electricgecko
          • May 2012

Originally posted by bukka View Post
          Oki-ni doing ~4% discounts for mid-season sale?!
          seems to be fixed now. i'm sure somebody forgot to enter a zero there.

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by electricgecko View Post
            seems to be fixed now. i'm sure somebody forgot to enter a zero there.
            Fixed for GBP, but not for USD. And it automatically changes the currency when I enter my shipping address
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Gross but sensible?

Buy, sell and discover authenticated pieces from top brands, spanning designer, vintage, streetwear and more. Shop men's and women's clothing on Grailed, the platform for personal style. Explore top listings from the community today.

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                Gross but sensible?

https://www.grailed.com/hype
                Originally posted by Extreme Mildness View Post
                So... Grailed is apparently now actively supporting the people reselling Yeezy and H&M X Balmain at insane prices
                Last page mate.
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

My mistake!

Comment

• HugAndWug
                    • Aug 2014

"God I hate that grailed makes me look at all of these Supreme/Kanye/X designer of the week! It's so awful"

"Wow grailed separated them now and is encouraging this kind of reselling!!!"

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Neither of us said both, so.

Yeah you're never gonna win with people who buy $900 diapers, shocked much? :P

I personally think it's great but I also use saved filters by brand so I don't entirely understand people complaining about their feeds being flooded with crap.

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

i'm 100% for it. was talking with one of the staff about it, and i honestly think they see the futility of trying to prevent it, so they've found the best of a bad situation.

they still keep promising binding offers, though, which has yet to happen...

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                          As strange as some of them are, I actually enjoy seeing some of his old work- especially when the details that looks out of the place nod to the history of clothing itself. If my memory serves me right, those closure detail were very ordinary and heavily used during the medieval time when buttons are not commonly used as a closure (due to the cost/time spent on making).
                          haha
                          It isnt that buttons were not used as a closure, actually buttons were used more as a closure then than now, as Zippers in those days was rather rare and there was no such thing as velcros etc

it was mostly hooks and buttons.
                          the main purpose for which it was used was to allow for flexibility in the size/ measurements if garments in areas like the waist etc.

Clothing construction in those days was a rather laborious and expensive (relative to income) thing. there was no fast fashion/ cheap clothing. Whatever was made had to last as long as possible, so having an adjustable lacing in the waist served to extend the life of the pants/ skirt etc if the owner got fat or lost weight or the item was passed down to another person with slightly different measurements.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            Neither of us said both, so.

Yeah you're never gonna win with people who buy $900 diapers, shocked much? :P

I personally think it's great but I also use saved filters by brand so I don't entirely understand people complaining about their feeds being flooded with crap.
                            Same, I never saw those things anyways. And I don't blame Grailed for doing this, they're just responding to the users really. But seeing people selling clothes they haven't even received yet... seems like just a matter of time before 'preme is listed on worldwide commodity markets.

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

The Hype section is good. Now I don't have to look at that shit.
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• shuit
                                • Apr 2012

Thanks for the additional info Zamb, I really appreciated it.

I should have been more specific- it was during the beginning of the medieval period that, anything with customized hardwares / embroidery are done through the crusade guild (which later on, the technique was passed on to slave labor) hence making it extremely limited in quantity. Most of those trimming were supposed to be exclusively for the royals.. It gets to the point where they actually passed the law banning anyone other than the upperclass to even owning any garment with those details.

After the buttonholes, hook, eyelets wiring were generalized during the 13-14th century, as Z mentioned- the use of buttons and hook are more common to the norm and was utilized for it's functionality.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎