Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axtang
    • Sep 2013

From what I could gather during a recent visit to Barneys, the t-shirts are made in China, sweats in China/Turkey, the knits in Belgium, and outerwear in Italy. Quality was decent, but I would put the quality in line with the likes of APC and Acne, though much of the collection is priced well above the likes of Rick and BBS. Honestly, some of the outerwear costs as much as a CCP leather, and is nothing you couldn't find at a military surplus store.

The stuff is uninspired and absolutely insanely overpriced. A profoundly amateurish showing.

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

This is still the best of the bunch, Derlicte! A snip at $2600.

Although in its defense, I hear all profits from this one go to the "The Kanye West school for Kids who can't read good and want to do other stuff good too".

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

Not to mention you can get similar items at American Apparel.
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Wait, "Yeezy" isn't some sort of internet nickname but his actual stage name or something? Like you see "Yeezy" on the tag?
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

in huge, gaudy lettering on every piece. i don't think anyone gives kanye credit for subtlety or nuance. the whole line is arguably just an expensive, disgusting fit of egomania and famous people having too much money and too little sense. i can't really think of any celebrity clothing line that is any semblance of nice or interesting.

i think it's yet another testament to the lunacy of it. something as simplistic and boring of a name as yeezy is only befitting of the absolute banality that is the line.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

There's still hope for Antonio Banderas' capes, apparently.

Comment

• SuE
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                The funny thing is nothing seems to be selling except the sneakers. Makes sense, I guess.
                Originally posted by Law View Post
                Saw plenty of groups in the fashion district tonight all wearing Yeezy, mainly the sneakers, although there were quite a few dressed head to toe.
                I've seen mainly the sneakers as well and also few shirts and sweaters. I'm assuming that's partly because it's just not cold enough to wear the jackets but mostly likely because the price disparity between the sneakers (starting at $200) and the jackets (starting in $$$$) is huge.

BUT

I also see lots more Geobaskets than full Rick outfits even though neither are cheap. Kanye sells more sneakers due to his streetwear Nike base but I'm wondering if that sneaker culture has a similar influence is fashion as well or men in general are just more prone to spending money on shoes?
                One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SuE View Post
                  more prone to spending money on shoes?
                  not men, but what you alluded to earlier about sneaker culture is true, and as such, it's sneakerheads. it has a huge impact on people's purchasing, more so than the avant-garde community. sneaker culture also sometimes fetishizes and obsesses designer sneakers, of which geobaskets are the most prone to.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

the WTF honestly doesn't completely fall in Kanye's court. Certainly the "collection" leaves quite a lot to be desired to say the least, but the two bigger WTFs to me are the fact that Barney's bought the collection and that there are people that are buying the collection for their personal closets.

There are tons of amateur/crap/terrible "designers" out there that either make uninspired garments that are rehashes of "SZ approved" brands (when will this stop?!) or just plain ugly stuff, but they just don't get that much media coverage or store purchases. The WTF is this case isn't the pricing or the production origin, but the fact that people buy it at all.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mikko
                      • Apr 2013

GAME OVER SRULI! http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-j...ce-spider-silk

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                        Oh man, this is awesome. I don't think it is a WTF at all!

I've heard about doing recombinant work to be able to scale up production of spider silk analogues into usable materials. Creating the protein in solution and then generating fibers (ie-silk) via extrusion sounds like a very viable method and application. The initial prototype with North Face sounds and looks pretty solid... a nice replacement for synthetics that will be resistant to rips/tears as well as the errant cigarette ember that loves to destroy polyesters etc.

Love it!
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• a,ted
                          • Aug 2015

Sorry guys but i just won.
                          i present you this:

Stupendously comfortable handmade shoes, inspired by the minimalist aesthetic of the Bauhaus and crafted from the finest leathers known to humanity. Designed in Berlin, and handmade in Porto, all our materials are sourced in Europe (Germany, the Netherlands & Portugal).

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

trolling on levels never seen before
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

I´d pair them with an oversized dog hair pullover and leather leggings.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                                trolling on levels never seen before
                                If they were by CCP would it still be trolling?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎