X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edhohoho
    • Jan 2011

A few questions regarding Augusta footwear:

1. I usually wear a size 7.5 to 8 US. What Augusta size should I be looking at? And does Augusta sizing tend to vary by style or is it pretty uniform throughout the line?

2. Are Augusta shoes and boots comfortable? Do they take a lot of time to break in? The soles seem so thick and inflexible that they appear to be a challenge to get them worn in.

I know I should try them for myself but the local stockists are either too intimidating (don't seem to care unless I buy) or they don't carry any of the styles I'm interested in.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

BBS

What size would fit a 44?
      Also, for those who've handled this piece, is the cotton light-, mid-, heavy- weight?
      Thanks.

Comment

• gnow
        • Jun 2010

^44 should be xs. Not sure how the material is though.

Comment

• couturehomme
          • Oct 2008

BBS tees for SS11
          do they fit like AW10 BBS tees? or are they now smaller/bigger?

thanks

Comment

• Faye
            • Apr 2009

@Acid, Bitter and Sad I just ordered the grey version from Pita. His model is wearing S as a 46, so it should be a XS for you.
            Also, it looks like mid-weight judging from the pictures that I've seen so far, but can tell you more once I handled it.

Comment

• jscl
              • Jan 2010

what size US will these carpe boots fit if they're marked 44?
              JUST THE HITS

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Do LUC blazers fit as small as LUC sweaters?
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

i think its one of those "buy the 54 and pray" situations. because yeah i think they pretty small...

i have come across a rare L and 52 that fit. this is an anomaly
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

actually the blazers pretty much always fit larger. I'm a slim 50, and wear a 50-52 in the knits, but have been able to fit a 48 in several jackets. for example a current season one, the farmers jackets from last season, as well as one from several years ago.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

you're right i got my numbers mixed up. i'm a true 52 but i wear a 54 in the knits sometimes 52. and i can wear 52 in the jackets and have found size L that fit as well, although not a 50. so its "buy a 52 and pray."

i've done too much sizing talk today i'm losing my marbles
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Umami
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                        What size would fit a 44?
                        Also, for those who've handled this piece, is the cotton light-, mid-, heavy- weight?
                        Thanks.
                        you need a size xs.

Comment

• Umami
                          • Sep 2010

1. I usually wear a size 7.5 to 8 US. What Augusta size should I be looking at? And does Augusta sizing tend to vary by style or is it pretty uniform throughout the line?

I think Augusta size 7 ( US size 8 ) will do for you.

2. Are Augusta shoes and boots comfortable? Do they take a lot of time to break in? The soles seem so thick and inflexible that they appear to be a challenge to get them worn in.

some of them can be really hard ! they will be comfortable eventually.

Comment

• docus
                            • Dec 2010

Can anyone tell me how the hammered lamb Rick Owens stooges fits?

I'm on the bigger side of size 46. I have a 'Rick's Jacket' in size Small, which is very slightly too tight around the waist - very wearable but not perfect. I'm wondering if I should size up to a Medium for the stooges?

Any advice appreciated!

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

^^

The S/S fit very tight I would deffo size up if is it a s/s. The a/w tend to run a little larger.

I am not sure if this helps, but I didn't find any difference between the Hammered and normal leather sizing wise.

Comment

• neonrider
                                • Jan 2008

rick's jacket is usually the tightest of the lineup (that's what i've been told, and mine definitely is relative to my other ricks). i'd stay tts, the hammered stooges is cut more generously (esp at waist) than the rick's.
                                ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎