X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Help finding.....

[quote user="Casius"]Whoa Laika! Sorry, I'm not going to be much help but that coat is gorgeous.

Why is the US Dries buys are utter crap?

Edit- Laika, do you mind paying retail? Fred Segal 'might' have it.

[/quote]

Tell me about it. The coat and I fell in love on the Left Bank, but I can't pay retail. [:(] Someone at tfs picked it up at a West coast saks for 40%, so I thought one of you guys may have seen it in your travels.

Good idea to check Louis though, they always have a huge Dries buy. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

while desperately trying tolocate my asymmetrical cardigan, i was able to uncover a few more stockists...

-blake (chicago -- they have the "largest" dries buy in the states)
      -apartment number nine
      -butter (you've probably checked there)
      -joan shepp (philadelphia -- their prices are really low)
      -cielo (palo alto and san francisco)
      -M.A.C (san francisco)

i think theres more but i forgot.

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

I'm trying to hunt down a Margiela hand-held men's bag that none of the margiela stores in the US is carrying. A friend bought the last one in Bloomingdale's San Francisco, but it seems that no other stores stocked that style. I checked in with Harputs Market and they thought they had it, but the style they had was a more structured, shoulder-strapped version. The Margiela site doesn't have it either, although I heard that there might be a store in Paris or London that has it. Anyone know? It's a hand-held bag in washed/distressed gray leather, top-zip closure that extends down the side a bit, with the distinctive 4 stitches on the outside. Here's a rough sketch I made of it.

Also, anyone know if they've seen this Margiela jacket already on sale? AlohaRag has it on sale but only in a 50, and I would need a 46. Browns in London seems to have it, but they're still full price - looking to get it for less than that, preferably in the US, considering how many wears I won't get out of it. None of the Margiela stores have it anymore, and neither it seems does Barneys in NYC of Beverly Hills.

Comment

• mustard
          • Mar 2007

Bakla, Holt Renfrew in Toronto carried that Margiela jacket. I believe Margiela hit 50% recently; perhaps they have your size left?

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="mustard"]Bakla, Holt Renfrew in Toronto carried that Margiela jacket. I believe Margiela hit 50% recently; perhaps they have your size left?
            [/quote]

Thanks - I'll look em up!

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Bakla- I was actually going to recommend Harputs. The bag looks really similar to the one they carry that's for sure.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Bakla- I was actually going to recommend Harputs. The bag looks really similar to the one they carry that's for sure.[/quote]

Oh, I was speaking with Harputs since yesterday, but it's not quite the same - the one I drew is unstructured and washed leather, while the Harputs models have more detailing. I really like this bag because it has very little hardware and is quite non-descript, and not too rigid. Thanks for the suggestion, and good call, though - even the Margiela store here recommended I speak with them.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

I find it awfully weird that none of the US margiela boutiques have this in stock. Odd. I hope you're able to find it though, it looks like a nice simple bag. They're weekend bag is one of my favorites this season....I'm hopeful it will make it to some dramatic mark downs as it's $1250 or so right now..
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Seems a rather absurd thing to ask about in this thread compared to some other pieces, but they sold out the grey / charcoal distressed Buttero boots at Barneys. Fellow said they run a half-size to a full size big, but I'm not sure whether he was referring to U.S. or European sizes. Still, I imagine it's a stretch that the size 7 will work (still on the online store) if I usually wear a size 8.

Anyway, thought I'd put it out there in case anyone has seen them around.
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• winQ
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

They run about a size to two sizes big depending upon how wide your feet are.

The size 7 will work if you don't mind a bit of room in the toe, my friend is a 43 across the board and fits the 42 pretty gud.

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Seems a rather absurd thing to ask about in this thread compared to some other pieces, but they sold out the grey / charcoal distressed Buttero boots at Barneys. Fellow said they run a half-size to a full size big, but I'm not sure whether he was referring to U.S. or European sizes. Still, I imagine it's a stretch that the size 7 will work (still on the online store) if I usually wear a size 8.

Anyway, thought I'd put it out there in case anyone has seen them around.

[/quote]

I have. If I pass by Co-op today I'll try them on and see how they fit me.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

oops, wrong thread.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Laughing Man
                            • Dec 2007

You'll have to forgive my first post being a request for leads on this jacket, but I've been looking everywhere.

I'm looking for this leather riders from the Viridi-Anne f/w 07 in size 1. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Laughing Man"]

You'll have to forgive my first post being a request for leads on this jacket, but I've been looking everywhere.

I'm looking for this leather riders from the Viridi-Anne f/w 07 in size 1. Any help would be appreciated.

[/quote]

have you checked the Archive in SF? they stock The Viridi-Anne, and if i'm not mistaken they carried either a Viridi-Anne or Attachment leather jacket i believe...

Comment

• Komakino
                                • Sep 2007

We can get one of those here at Komakino.

Graham

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎