X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: help finding

This is basically a "help me decide on which key pieces I need / should purchase for my winter wardrobe / where to find them."

I'm basically going for this N(N) look blended with how I usually dress (more mod / streamlined) which basically means with white button-ups / polos. I'm looking to introduce a little more texture / interesting blacks and greys into my outfits, so the keys are going to be:

Jacket / Coat:

- Looking at this black peacoat. Not a terrible option, damn cheap so if I go with this I can put money elsewhere. Purportedly light, so should be fine for california.

- I'd prefer something more like this jacket (A.P.C.) as it would balance the rest of the outfit a little better and is much closer to my aesthetic, but alas, was not to be. If anyone knows anything like this that would be okay for this weather and isn't terribly expensive I'd appreciate it.

Wrap:

- As shown in the N(N) look. Are these still available? How much are they?

- Alternatives much appreciated for this one as I imagine the N(N) will be too much for what essentially appears to be a yard of fabric (?)

Boots:

Keep in mind that I probably won't be tucking these, unless I go for the Butteros, in which case I might be should they allow it.

- New Buttero laceups in Charcoal. Like the texture, decent price.

- Clark Desert Boots in black Suede. Cheap alternative if wrap / jacket get too expensive. Probably won't be tucking anyway, so this would be fine.

- I love black suede, so these women's Demeulemeesters look attractive, but perhaps too feminine?

Pants:

- Pretty much thinking a pair of the raw black A.P.C. New Cures if I can find them. Looking doubtful at the moment as I don't think they produced any this season? If anyone knows anywhere that might have some, I'd be much indebted.

Please excuse the absurdly long post.

(edit: on a side note, does anyone know what boots the fellow from Atelier is wearing in the N(N) outfit?)

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"](edit: on a side note, does anyone know what boots the fellow from Atelier is wearing in the N(N) outfit?)[/quote]

They are SS 07 Number (N)ine Cowboy boots, Maxfield Bleu had a bunch of these when I went last time in size 11 and smaller. Retail was around a grand or more though...not cheap, but half off or more at Bleu... but also try Y! auctions, there have been a lot of these around.

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]scott, can you get a better picture? i was at the y's store the other day and i could try and find out for you. a lot of nice stuff there.
        [/quote]

Joey, I haven't been able to find anything online. As far as I know, there aren't any online shops that even sell Y's, but I could be wrong. It's pretty much the only peacoat that Y's put out this season I think, which isn't very specific, but should narrow it down a bit when looking around in the Yohji shop.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Servo I was just going to mentionas wellthat you might want to check Y! for boots. I've scored both my collection privee's (which look quite similar to those nn's) and cdiem's there. theres usually quite a bit of butteros as well. what size are you by the way?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Anyone know where to find these CDG pants? I've been looking for a nice trouser with a stripe down the side and these are sick. I'm still debating those Lanvins but $720 for some pants is a little outta my budget.

Help a brother.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• sbw4224
              • Sep 2006

Casius, PM'd.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Scott- Ya da man! [75]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

those pants are great. how much are they?
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

The homeboy Scott says they're 225Pounds which equates to MORE DOLLARS CUZ THE DOLLAR SUCKS.....

:(

Comment

• irrlicht
                      • Jan 2007

decided to bite the bullet on these...

anyone know where to find? black/drkshdw are fine with me. as long as it's suede...(maybe ask for paris proxy to the rick flagship store?)

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

Irrlicht, try Matches in London. I know they have them in suede as I just tried it on a few days ago. Let me know if you need any other help.

Comment

• crouka
                          • Jul 2007

about y's
                          it's impossible for them not to tell you the price even over the telephone.
                          I don't know the proxies, but their statement sounds irresponsible.

maybe the coat comes in flannel and melton (heavy weight), if it's plain colored fabric.
                          flannel one is about 75000 yen (without tax), available in anthracite (almost black) and khaki.
                          melton is 90000, black and dark grey.

Comment

• sbw4224
                            • Sep 2006

Crouka, thanks for the update. That's a 50% markup then on Yohji and Y's from Japan to the UK! If someone is available on here to do a pickup I'd gladly pay them over a proxy which hasn't really worked out for me, provided that person has some type of feedback.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Irrichit, is Atelier sold out of your size? Does LVR has this style?
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Casius. I checked the Dries van Noten selection at IF - only one knit cardigan, and I did not like it at all. No other knits, which is kind of crazy...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎