X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justine
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    debate just ended, i am calling it a draw...........
    I'm not. She just acted her way through her talking point and folksy goody persona: empty!
    Biden answered precisely on things.

Reason says: Biden
    Spin says: Draw (i.e.: she didn't crash == he didn't say anything stupid)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
      I'm not. She just acted her way through her talking point and folksy goody persona: empty!

Spin says: Draw (i.e. she didn't crash, he didn't say anything stupid)
      Exactly. She simply dodged questions. She is an abomination and a poster child for her party. Burn!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Spin says: Draw (i.e. she didn't crash, he didn't say anything stupid)
        what can i say.......... we have come to know what to expect from her, so if she does marginally better tonite, which i think she did, you have to give her credit.
        the reality of the situation is though, the pressing concerns that should influence peoples decision making this november, are more adequately addressed by a future Obama/Biden administration than by a Mccain/palin amninistration
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Exactly. She simply dodged questions. She is an abomination and a poster child for her party. Burn!
          well, she refused to answer questions, which is never good in a debate, and also insisted that the current financial crisis will not affect her tickets ability to deliver on anything they offered................... no sensible voter can ever believe that, she also said she has only been at this five weeks so she hasn't offered/ promised much....................not good not good

Comment

• justine
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            what can i say.......... we have come to know what to expect from her, so if she does marginally better tonite, which i think she did, you have to give her credit.
            No credit! If you go from an F to a D+ you still don't pass my class, sorry. Anyway, we'll see what next.

Comment

• droogist
              • Sep 2006

^ Seriously. When the bar's so low it's practically touching the ground, you don't deserve much credit for hurdling it.

She as good as announced that she'd be dodging questions in the first fifteen minutes: "I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also." Please. The American people want you to answer the questions, you disingenuous bobblehead.

Better: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...ter-abstinence

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

No credit! If you go from an F to a D+ you still don't pass my class, sorry. Anyway, we'll see what next.
                Pffft, those little shits still sometimes come to you asking for recommendations.

I thought Palin did pretty well. She managed to avoid saying anything about any policy she or mccain would enact (a plus, as their policies are unpopular) except for drilling for oil (inexplicably popular), she managed to push to get some standard lies into the public consciousness, she debates well when the template is time-restricted enough that she can't get forced into answering. It looks like, from initial polling though, that most people noticed she debated well but didn't present any kind of decent anything.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

^ On a very related note: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...057/718/618653

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I wanted to smash her face with a brick, to wipe that fake disgusting "i'm-lying-to-you-and-i-don't-care" smile off her face, but that would result in destroying my high definition TV set, so I refrained.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• electric_alyce
                        • Mar 2008

Palin is the reason why so many europeans don't get americans. really.
                        Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by electric_alyce View Post
                          Palin is the reason why so many europeans don't get americans. really.
                          What's not to get? We are a bunch of ignorant and arrogant rednecks conditioned by TV. Actor as president - check. Actor as governor of the biggest state in the nation - check. Poor people consistently voting against their own best interest - check. Fuck-you attitude towards the rest of the world - check. Rampant evangelism - check.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• electric_alyce
                            • Mar 2008

What's not to get? We are a bunch of ignorant and arrogant rednecks conditioned by TV. Actor as president - check. Actor as governor of the biggest state in the nation - check. Poor people consistently voting against their own best interest - check. Fuck-you attitude towards the rest of the world - check. Rampant evangelism - check.
                            Yeah, our problem is that we try to find some logic behind it, which only result in
                            Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I thought I posted this somewhere. Anyway, based on what I saw in Philly this weekend, Obama should get Pennsylvania. Keeping fingers crossed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

I wanted to smash her face with a brick, to wipe that fake disgusting "i'm-lying-to-you-and-i-don't-care" smile off her face, but that would result in destroying my high definition TV set, so I refrained.
                                faust,
                                do you have tonite's brick ready?????????

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎