• justine
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
    Speaking of catchphrases.
    Wow, tragicomedy.

Comment

• Real Real
      • Feb 2007

I am fucking apoplectic about the hash the McCain campaign is making over this "lipstick on a pig" comment.

This, Sarah Palin, the string of negative ads that he releases to blogs and never pays to put on the air....

I used to respect McCain, and now, christ, he's less than shit - what a fucking fraud. He spends decades coming across as someone who can see between the lines, maintain strong beliefs yet still cooperate with others. Then, he gets old, decides that he still really wants to be president, realizes that he's not going to win running the way he's already run (given the political climate)...and decides to vomit out every ounce of honor, credibility, and self-respect he has in favor of bending over for Karl Rove's bullshit.

Q#RY*(2tyh289gthq2389hgt

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

This has been a sad week for America. McCain has gain upper hand in the Gallup poll. I've always wanted to move to Europe, and shit like that reinforces my desire.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          This has been a sad week for America. McCain has gain upper hand in the Gallup poll. I've always wanted to move to Europe, and shit like that reinforces my desire.
          Wait for the post convention bounce to die down. We will see if the spectacularly dishonest ads he's running now keep the momentum he got from the convention or not. His latest ad attacking Obama for trying to teach Kindergarteners about "bad touch" is a new low. Guess He'd rather let his pedophile friends bugger babies than lose an election. And no, that's not tactful, but I'm pissed off.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• justine
            • Jan 2007

I'm going to get a subscription to "The Enquirer"! Love their work on S. Palin.

It's unbelievable to see how far McCain can go, and how people just buy that crap...I can't believe it. But then again, I just couldn't imagine people voting for Bush in '04, so what do I know.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
              I'm going to get a subscription to "The Enquirer"! Love their work on S. Palin.

It's unbelievable to see how far McCain can go, and how people just buy that crap...I can't believe it. But then again, I just couldn't imagine people voting for Bush in '04, so what do I know.
              I mean, you have to start blaming the American public at some point, no?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Somewhat. But, for the less net-savvy people, newspapers and television are what they get their news from. Watching a week of evening news is instructive. I wish the people would do more to inform themselves, but I can see how you could not know how little you know.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• justine
                  • Jan 2007

As a foreign resident, I'm not sure it's my place to do this; but feel free to go ahead ;).

Edit: Here's an american (Matt Damon) going ahead with some reasonable thoughts....
                  Last edited by justine; 09-10-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    Somewhat. But, for the less net-savvy people, newspapers and television are what they get their news from. Watching a week of evening news is instructive. I wish the people would do more to inform themselves, but I can see how you could not know how little you know.
                    If you were adequately educated, I mean if you were taught how to think, taught some political ideas through philosophy, and some history, there is no fucking way in hell that this shit would ever fly. We got a pit-bull-with-lipstick as a VP candidate with near 0 political experience and Nazi Germany era political views and a Presidential candidate who ostensibly wants to overturn Roe v. Wade - that's fucking insane.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

If you were adequately educated, I mean if you were taught how to think, taught some political ideas through philosophy, and some history, there is no fucking way in hell that this shit would ever fly.
                      Agreed, any average 12 year old should see through this easily.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

If you were adequately educated, I mean if you were taught how to think, taught some political ideas through philosophy, and some history, there is no fucking way in hell that this shit would ever fly. We got a pit-bull-with-lipstick as a VP candidate with near 0 political experience and Nazi Germany era political views and a Presidential candidate who ostensibly wants to overturn Roe v. Wade - that's fucking insane.
                        I agree. I would say though (and I'm really trying to give people the benefit of the doubt against my reflexes). You're interested, as am I. I know plenty of people who somehow continue to just not give a shit, despite certainly having the capability to figure out what is going on. That apathy means that they just don't do more than scan some headlines or watch 20 minutes of news every 2-4 weeks. That kind of news accumulation leads to dumbshit views without being a complete dumbshit.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Here is a test. Palin looked like a deer caught in headlights when grilled by ABC's Charlie Gibson, who is not exactly a provocative journalist. If we don't see the Gallup poll move towards the Dems in the next couple of days, what are we supposed to think about the American public?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
                            • Feb 2007

Deer in the headlights or not, the public is still our problem. You can't just throw up your hands.

Comment

• droogist
                              • Sep 2006

I'm starting to believe that the past eight years have so inured the public to ignorance in the country's highest office, that it's no longer considered a liability, but a norm. Otherwise, I can't think of any possible explanation for all this shit.

Comment

• JonathanStrange
                                • Aug 2008

Am pleasantly surprised @ the # of Democrats posting on this thread...perhaps there is still hope for the good ol' US of A!!! Wake up America...the point of the game is to advance the ball FORWARD!!!
                                "Skinny like me," in 1977 she decided to go underground and live incognito among the thin.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎