Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• justine
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      The Maverick and the MILF. Coming to the pron theater near you.
      The "meelph" as per snl skit...

Comment

• droogist
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        The Maverick and the MILF. Coming to the pron theater near you.
        Or as my bro-in-law calls them, the Hothead and the Airhead...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
          Or as my bro-in-law calls them, the Hothead and the Airhead...
          pretty accurate, I say. Did you read a parody redneck endorsement of Palin in the New Yorker by George Saunders? Pretty funny (a bit cheap, but funny).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Sometimes you gotta be childish. I joined a few hundred people giving gifts to Planned Parenthood on Sarah Palin's behalf. Nothing quite like flooding her office with Planned Parenthood thank you notes.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• justine
                • Jan 2007

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

awesome
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

hahahaha, that's funny. i want a nine inch nails remix.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

Now McCain is trying to weasel out of Friday's debate. He has taken campaigning to unprecedented and unimagined lows.
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

So I'm the only one who thinks Obama is a massive waste of fresh air? I think McCain is a little more tolerable as a person although I'd never support reps (nor democrats but that's another story).
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          So I'm the only one who thinks Obama is a massive waste of fresh air?
                          I think you just might be.
                          I think McCain is a little more tolerable as a person
                          What do you find so intolerable about Obama "as a person?" And what exactly's to like about this current version of McCain that we've been subjected to ever since this race began? I used to like him too, before he betrayed everything he ever stood for in a shameless bout of political positioning, and before he embraced systematic and baldfaced lying as a campaign technique.

Anyway, your comment drives at the fundamental reaason why a lot of us in this thread currently find ourselves beating our heads against the wall 24-7: the fact that so many people still insist on voting based on who they think they'd like "as a person." After all, it's widely acknowledged that George W. Bush is in fact very likeable "as a person." Are we really doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again?
                          although I'd never support reps (nor democrats but that's another story).
                          Aren't you Canadian, or something? If so, the point is moot.

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            So I'm the only one who thinks Obama is a massive waste of fresh air? I think McCain is a little more tolerable as a person although I'd never support reps (nor democrats but that's another story).
                            Depends on what you mean. I think Obama is a kind of generic centrist democrat in all but presentation, and I'm not too excited about that. But, that being said, politicians are tools, you work to get the ones who will do the most good into office, and Obama is (to my mind) massively better than McCain when it comes to accomplishing what the country needs.

McCain's insane plan to further lower taxes on corporations and the top echelon while offering fairly little to the middle classes seems designed to undermine the middle class. (http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...8061200193.gif is the basic idea of what I'm saying). His idea that a giant wallstreet bailout combined with huge tax cuts and more wars can go on along with balancing the budget is laughably stupid. His explosive temper (see warmongering towards russia recently), combined with his love for war, is too dangerous for me to really cope with. His ideas that we should roll back women's rights, and that gay's shouldn't have rights are offensive and undermine the idea of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness in my mind. His push for more religion in gov't/public life bothers me. His use of the latest financial crisis as a push to deregulate health care further and (periodically) to deregulate wall street further seems like the unhinged ranting of an idealogue completely detached from reality.

Obama seems like he may accomplish some good, and will do little harm. I'm not head over heels in love with the guy, I mean he's a politician how can you like them, but picking the less warlike, more reasonable candidate who supports measures that I find productive seems like an easy decision. I could go into what I like about Obama, and there's a fair bit to like policywise, but I think this decision should be as simple as "Obama appears to base his policies on reality."
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                              I think you just might be.
                              What do you find so intolerable about Obama "as a person?" And what exactly's to like about this current version of McCain that we've been subjected to ever since this race began? I used to like him too, before he betrayed everything he ever stood for in a shameless bout of political positioning, and before he embraced systematic and baldfaced lying as a campaign technique.

Anyway, your comment drives at the fundamental reaason why a lot of us in this thread currently find ourselves beating our heads against the wall 24-7: the fact that so many people still insist on voting based on who they think they'd like "as a person." After all, it's widely acknowledged that George W. Bush is in fact very likeable "as a person." Are we really doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again?
                              Aren't you Canadian, or something? If so, the point is moot.
                              Droogist speaks the truth. McCain has made his Faustian bargain.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
                                • Feb 2007

Geh, fuck Bill Clinton.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎