• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
    The mind boggles:

COURIC (to Palin): Do you think there's an inherent right to privacy in the Constitution?

PALIN: I do. Yeah, I do.

COURIC: ...the cornerstone of Roe v Wade...

PALIN: I do. And I believe that --individual states can handle what the people within the different constituencies in the 50 states would like to see their will ushered in in an issue like that.

COURIC: What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?

PALIN: Well, let's see. There's --of course --in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings, that's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are--those issues, again, like Roe v Wade where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know--going through the history of America, there would be others but--

COURIC: Can you think of any?

PALIN: Well, I could think of--of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a Vice President, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today.

Plessy v Ferguson, anyone?
    The whole transcript can be found here.
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Haha, no sir. I will be watching it from the comfort of my couch.
      yes i want to watch it , since i moved to my new apartment i dont have TV (a wayof minimizing expenses) but i will go to my old house (my brother and sister lives there) my brother and most of my church are huge mccain supporters, i am one of the few Obama supporters so it will be an intreresting debate to watch
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        yes i want to watch it , since i moved to my new apartment i dont have TV (a wayof minimizing expenses) but i will go to my old house (my brother and sister lives there) my brother and most of my church are huge mccain supporters, i am one of the few Obama supporters so it will be an intreresting debate to watch
        Dude, you gotta put down the law. WTF? Are they aware of the human project of the last 300 years or so, called progress? Dammit. Give them some Matthew Arnold to read or something.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

seriously thogh i think it is a sad day in american politics where a self centered ego maniac like John Mccain think he can pull this kind of trick on the american society in such a critical time in the nations history by choosing this clueless woman for a running mate. it shows the kind of irresponsibility and careless judgement that you cannot have in a president.
          at 72 years old you would think he would select a candidate that would serve the country well if he should pass or cannot run for a second term.
          to think they can argue their way into making people believe that someone who cannot even answer simple questions about serious issues in our society if fit for the (2nd) highest office in the nation

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Dude, you gotta put down the law. WTF? Are they aware of the human project of the last 300 years or so, called progress? Dammit. Give them some Matthew Arnold to read or something.
            well the sad reality is that most of the churches in america have become single issue voters, they have bought into Lee Atwater's divisive politics that has reduce the complex issues of morality down to abortion and homosexuality, so the republicans even if they are torturing people during wartime and holding people in the "combat limbo" of Guantanamo bay they still get thier vote.
            I cannot understand how the party of "family Values" could take an unqualified woman with five children including a pregnant high school dropout a a five month old special needs child and parade here around as a vice presidential canditate at a time when there are probably more issues to address in this nations history in at least the last fifty years

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Palin recap..

Honey? Can you grab the popcorn and sour patch kids? Haha!! Biden vs. Palin tonight! Oh man, this is going to be sooo gooood! Seriously, the anticipation is so overwhelming that I can't sleep. Oh sweet baby Jebus.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• justine
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                well the sad reality is that most of the churches in america have become single issue voters, they have bought into Lee Atwater's divisive politics that has reduce the complex issues of morality down to abortion and homosexuality, so the republicans even if they are torturing people during wartime and holding people in the "combat limbo" of Guantanamo bay they still get thier vote.
                I cannot understand how the party of "family Values" could take an unqualified woman with five children including a pregnant high school dropout a a five month old special needs child and parade here around as a vice presidential canditate at a time when there are probably more issues to address in this nations history in at least the last fifty years
                Agreed. I heard this great line from a Christian Pastor once that was complaining about the single-issue of abortion, and that most of the Republicans so-called religious voters didn't really support helping the poors, he said this wasn't being 'pro-life' but 'pro-birth'.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by justine View Post
                  Agreed. I heard this great line from a Christian Pastor once that was complaining about the single-issue of abortion, and that most of the Republicans so-called religious voters didn't really support helping the poors, he said this wasn't being 'pro-life' but 'pro-birth'.
                  If you look at the recent history of the National Evangelical Association, you see exactly what he is discussing. Their president elect demanded that they change their charter from anti-abortion and anti-gay-rights to anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, charity for the poor, and stewardship of the earth, and so he was removed by the board of directors. So was his replacement, for the same reason.

Any religious voter who votes republican as a pro-life statement is either a hypocrite or an idiot. The necessary assumption to conclude that abortion is murder is that life begins at conception, which is far from universally accepted. The necessary assumption to conclude that the death penalty is murder is that innocents are executed. With a 2.8-4.0% exoneration rate on the basis of DNA evidence alone on cases where DNA testing is allowed and possible, there is no way to conclude that cases where DNA evidence doesn't exist are all correct, the vast majority of death penalty cases have no available DNA evidence. With a 2-3% posthumous exoneration rate, even with 0 resources dedicated to examining finalized cases, there's direct evidence of the execution of innocents. People claiming to be pro-life and voting for a republican as a result infuriate me. Do some research. It's not hard. I should just stop discussing politics, I get all worked up.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    I should just stop discussing politics, I get all worked up.
                    Don't worry, one day you realize you are wasting energy, and you just stop (without compromising your own views). Talk about it to people who matter to you, like you SO or your children.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Well said zamb^^ I'm glad we can agree on this
                      music

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

Awesome!!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

The guy from Superbad kills it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
                            • Jan 2007

I hate her I hate her I hate her I hate her I hate her

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                              Well said zamb^^ I'm glad we can agree on this
                              we agree on more things than we disagree ojn..............
                              thanks for the compliments

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

debate just ended, i am calling it a draw...........

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎