• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
    I've been watching some of the Palin-Couric interviews today. Simply pathetic.
    Weeellll, guys and gals! She makes Bush sound positively intelligent.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

debate will be amazing, if it happens.

biden: won't want to be an attack dog and will put his foot in mouth at least twice. should slaughter her but will be apprehensive.

palin: same 4 talking points. can't imagine any specifics she'll come up with.

Comment

• soultek
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
        I've been watching some of the Palin-Couric interviews today. Simply pathetic.
        It's not about her intelligence or lack thereof. I went from thinking Palin was the most ridiculous choice for VP to now thinking that she was a genius pick for the Republicans.

Comment

• droogist
          • Sep 2006

^ That article was published September 13th. While it does makes a case, right now all I can say is what a difference two weeks, a financial meltdown, and a few disastrous Katie Couric interviews can make. I think the Palin juggernaut has definintely lost its lustre; here's hoping that next week Biden dismantles it. And puts the parts up on ebay.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Let's, although catching some clips of Biden's on the Daily Show, I am starting to doubt his intelligence, lol. Still, he should pick her apart, given a chance.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Let's, although catching some clips of Biden's on the Daily Show, I am starting to doubt his intelligence, lol. Still, he should pick her apart, given a chance.
              I don't want him to pick her apart - the worst thing that could happen is for Biden to go on the attack and in turn build sympathy for Palin...provide some sort of rationale, justification for her performance so far. She's so far out of her element that every minute Palin talks is a win for the Obama campaign. I want Biden to take a horse tranquilizer before the debate.

I thought the SNL Palin skit last night was great.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Holy pathetic flailing stunt batman:

"well, every time mccain tries anything (helicoptering to washington, calling in instead of going the next day, debating, threatening not to debate, calling the american fundamentals strong, whatever) he drops in the polls. Let's marry Sarah's daughter to her unemployed high school baby's daddy to show family values, the day after she turns 18 (she turns 18 on October 18). Then we get the airwaves for a wedding instead of news the week before the election."
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                  I don't want him to pick her apart - the worst thing that could happen is for Biden to go on the attack and in turn build sympathy for Palin...provide some sort of rationale, justification for her performance so far. She's so far out of her element that every minute Palin talks is a win for the Obama campaign. I want Biden to take a horse tranquilizer before the debate.

I thought the SNL Palin skit last night was great.
                  Point well taken.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Watch the debates in style. LOL, this is so New York...

debate : watch
                    A live broadcast of the the Vice Presidential Debate Thursday October 2nd, 8:30-11pm
                    Grand Screen @ Tribeca Grand
                    2 Avenue of the Americas
                    Join us for cocktails after the broadcast in the Church Lounge

RSVP

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
                      • Feb 2007

The mind boggles:

COURIC (to Palin): Do you think there's an inherent right to privacy in the Constitution?

PALIN: I do. Yeah, I do.

COURIC: ...the cornerstone of Roe v Wade...

PALIN: I do. And I believe that --individual states can handle what the people within the different constituencies in the 50 states would like to see their will ushered in in an issue like that.

COURIC: What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?

PALIN: Well, let's see. There's --of course --in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings, that's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are--those issues, again, like Roe v Wade where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know--going through the history of America, there would be others but--

COURIC: Can you think of any?

PALIN: Well, I could think of--of any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a Vice President, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today.

Plessy v Ferguson, anyone?

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Watch the debates in style. LOL, this is so New York...

debate : watch
                        A live broadcast of the the Vice Presidential Debate Thursday October 2nd, 8:30-11pm
                        Grand Screen @ Tribeca Grand
                        2 Avenue of the Americas
                        Join us for cocktails after the broadcast in the Church Lounge

RSVP
                        are you going to attend this event?....
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

This is fucking classic. Oh there are jillions she could disagree with, but I'm more interested in her assumption that there's a constitutional right to privacy. That undermines the argument against Roe vs. Wade. She has completely undermined the long running conservative against RvW in her attempt to defend it.

To quote dday:
                          "
                          I don't know if she believes in the right to privacy or if she believes in the words "right" and "privacy" and saw them together and took a stab at it. But this is a major, MAJOR no-no for the fundies and the wingnuts. She undermined the entire intellectual argument against Roe without even recognizing it. Taking her logic (if it can be called that), if there's a Constitutional right to privacy then there's a right to keep medical decisions confidential, not a state's right but a fundamental Constitutional right.

This is about 35 years' worth of arguments crashing down right now. If any backlash could cost her the nomination it would be over this. This reaches into Harriet Miers territory."
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• justine
                            • Jan 2007

Palin's Kryptonite discovered: the word specifically.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              are you going to attend this event?....
                              Haha, no sir. I will be watching it from the comfort of my couch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by justine View Post
                                Palin's Kryptonite discovered: the word specifically.
                                That's every politician's kryptonite. Don't let me pull out that Orwell essay again

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎