X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
    Chances for England are not too small. It's totally realistic, that Italy wins both matches and England beats Costa Rica, let's say 2:0. As weird as it is, two wins could take them to the quarter finals.
    It’s possible but unlikely. Italy are capable of it, but if they (expectedly) beat Costa Rica today I’d question their attitude against Uruguay. Italy is not a team that usually does more than the minimum requirement when it comes to results. If they win today a draw against Uruguay will win them the group. I don’t expect for a minute they’d play for anything more.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

So much for realistic. Congrats Costa Rica.

Comment

• Verdandi
        • Mar 2012

Ugh Italia, e questo non va bene!

They only looked good against England because, well it was England.

I hope Germany has it together tomorrow.

Any guesses who might make it into the final four, now that we've seen all of them play at least once?

I really don't have much of an idea with all the SA sides playing such a strung tournament so far, but I still think Germany is a good canditate to make it to the semi's and then, in good recent tradition, choke due to Löw's poor tactics.
        lavender menace

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

kind of hard to say at this point, probably a better guess at the next round.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Fuck this wc.
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• k3mist
              • Apr 2013

Did ont expect it but allez les bleus!
              Thought it would be a lot closer but the Swiss defense had a horrible day!

Comment

• 550BC
                • Jan 2013

fucking Messi... sigh -_-
                a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Verdandi
                  • Mar 2012

What complete rubbish football from Germany in the first half. That's exactly why this NT won't win a damn thing under this coach.
                  Congrats to Ghana, they played well.
                  lavender menace

Comment

• djt00
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                    fucking Messi... sigh -_-
                    Messi is finally translating his club form to the national side. Thank god Iran didn't earn any points with that type of football.

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

Argentina played shit too so did overrated Messi, for an underdog country as Iran they defended their goal as one of the best. They lack technical skills in the offense but hey they aren't million euro football players ;) Iran deserved that 1 point, Argentina need to prove theirself as an traditional WC country and they are not doing that so far.

My favorite match is now Germany-Ghana, beautiful match
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• djt00
                        • Apr 2013

I agree that Argentina wasn't impressive. However, in the World Cup winning is more than important than being impressive.

Iran fought hard and neutralized some of the world’s best players. Considering Iran's squad 1-0 isn't a bad result. Carlos Queiroz is a pretty good coach as we saw Yesterday.

As a football fan, I don't like when team doesn't even try anything except defending their own goal. If I were an Iranian supporter, it would have been totally different story of course.

Comment

• Atmosphere
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                          Any guesses who might make it into the final four, now that we've seen all of them play at least once?
                          My prediction for the semi finals would be:

Brazil - Germany (if Die Mannschaft get their act together - if not, France will beat them in the QF and face Brazil in the semi)

and

Argentina - Netherlands (or Chile, if they play as good as they did against Spain and the Dutch are as sloppy as they were against the Aussies, earning Chile the top spot in group B with a win in the last round).

Brazil and Argentina haven't impressed so far, but looking at their potential opponents in the round of 16 and the quarter finals I'd say that their chances of reaching the semi finals are very, very good.

Comment

• hurricane08
                            • Nov 2008

i really can't understand some people who dislike teams with defensive tactics (not only here ,but in general). Every gameplay has it's negatives and positives, so if you're a good team ,you'll find the way to unlock any defense . At the end who wants to play and eat half of dozen goals?. Or do you except to see high scores during the knock out games?

Comment

• apathy!
                              • Jan 2014

aggressive play is a lot more exciting as a spectator and generally allows players to showcase more individual skill/flair.

I more or less agree though.

Comment

• Atmosphere
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                                i really can't understand some people who dislike teams with defensive tactics (not only here ,but in general). Every gameplay has it's negatives and positives, so if you're a good team ,you'll find the way to unlock any defense . At the end who wants to play and eat half of dozen goals?. Or do you except to see high scores during the knock out games?
                                You're greek, right...?

On a more serious note, I completely agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎