Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klangspiel
    • Apr 2007

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

incredibly sobering, almost stuffy :) but charming, interview with ken jacobs</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVss-csGF8</p>

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

Breakfast at Tiffany's- I am totally embarrassed to admit that I made it this many years without seeing the entire thing through, until tonight. [64]</p>

You know those days when you get the mean reds?
      The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
      No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

</p>
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
        • Sep 2006

Just saw Ivan´s childhood, directorial debut of Andrei Tarkovsky, totally blew my mind.<DIV>The photography and the camera movements are impressive for a movie filmed in the early sixties, and the character development, the poetry of the images and the narrative are truly the work of a genius.</DIV>

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">Ok saw Mongol and would recommend it, if only for the alien experience of plunging head first into a culture of which we barely know anything. I liked the part where they didn't explain small details and you were left wondering.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">BTW while the movie is somewhat scattershot I'd say Rape of Europa is a must see, if only for its topic.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I watched the first half of the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Ehhh, whatever, I don't get why so many people love it. Sure, the Seinfeldish humor is there, but without the Seinfeld actors most of it falls flat. I'm done with TV.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

lost
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I watched the first half of the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Ehhh, whatever, I don't get why so many people love it. Sure, the Seinfeldish humor is there, but without the Seinfeld actors most of it falls flat. I'm done with TV.
                [/quote]</P>

The only series I listen to is Gossip girl, before that it was The Wire.</P>
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• sam_tem
                  • Apr 2007

[quote user="Faust"]I watched the first half of the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Ehhh, whatever, I don't get why so many people love it. Sure, the Seinfeldish humor is there, but without the Seinfeld actors most of it falls flat. I'm done with TV.
                  [/quote]</P>

it may not be seinfeld but i stillenjoy it. I'd recommend Always Sunny in Philadelphia since it's my current fave, but i can't guarantee you'd enjoy it since the humor is probably geared towards twentysomethings. I've been watching a lot of Rob &amp; Big lately as well. sucks to hear they have to end the show</P>

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

i've just started the first season of CYE as well...

Comment

• deuxmille
                      • Nov 2006

I watched the first season the other week too. I dont think I laughed more than once, it's just awkward old people |:</p>

I watched C'est arrivé près de chez vous yesterday. It was much funnier, if only for the belgian accent. </p>

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="sam_tem"]

[/quote]</p>

it may not be seinfeld but i stillenjoy it. I'd recommend Always Sunny in Philadelphia since it's my current fave, but i can't guarantee you'd enjoy it since the humor is probably geared towards twentysomethings. I've been watching a lot of Rob &amp; Big lately as well. sucks to hear they have to end the show</p>

[/quote]</p>

hmmm, not sure how to interpret that [86]</p>

I started watching Munich yesterday for the second time. I can't find a single flaw in it. Best Spielberg film ever? Do we have any Israeli members who can weigh in?</p>
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Apparently agnes b. will be introducing the festival on May 2nd. Hmmm...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

I started watching Big Bang Love, Juvenile A and I'm going to have to come back to it. I'm about 40 minutes in and I need a break - is it worth finishing? I'm sort of enjoying it so far but if I'm going to finish it I'm definitely going to need to start over and not be working while trying to watch.
                            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

LOST </p>

uncertainty. distrust. hope. life. death. disaster. purgatory. love. </p>

my favorite show to date. the complexity of the writing is truly outstanding. if you have not seen this show, you need to go to your local dvd store and rent all of the seasons available and catch up. truly amazing.
                              </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Went to see iron man last night. Total shite. RDJ's annoying false naturalistic acting drives me nuts. Jeff Bridges couldn't have been more hammy if he'd been strung up in an italian deli. Gwynnie clearly needed the cheque - Chris needs to get that new album out soon. Afghans are dumb baddies - yes we know. Good triumphs over evil - yes we know.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎