Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="wire.artist"]

Paranoid Park, really intense...I liked it a lot and I have to think about it...I was an horrible skater...haha
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

Did a thought that Gus van Sant is a pedophile ever cross your mind?</P>

[/quote]</P>

you know...this never crossed my mind, but i remember watching his entry for the Cannes short film collection, then i watched my own private idaho, and remembering my viewing of Elephant, i find GVS to be unusually interested in the process of erotic self discovery among teenage males...then i saw a pic of him hanging out at a Hedi Slimane fashion show a while back and it all clicked. Wouldn't be surprised...in some way i think he is even more exploitative of the genre than Larry Clark.</P>

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

drugstore cowboy was pretty good, though.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="wire.artist"]

Paranoid Park, really intense...I liked it a lot and I have to think about it...I was an horrible skater...haha
        </P>

[/quote]</P>

Did a thought that Gus van Sant is a pedophile ever cross your mind?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Not really, he might have some ephebophile tendencies but they are apparently sublimed, manifesting in a curious and open-minded interest in the tribulations of teenagers. Clark on the other hand probably owns an ice cream van...</P>
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

This starts on Wednesday.
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• klangspiel
            • Apr 2007

^ had a quick cursory look at the selection.</p>

i'd probably catch these
            </p>

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/f...ds_Berlin.html</p>

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/f..._Winnipeg.html</p>

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/f...e_at_Once.html </p>

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/f...mid_Souls.html</p>

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/f...Empire_II.html</p>

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

aren't the tix $30 a movie or something? [N]
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

panels are $25 and screenings are $15
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• klangspiel
                  • Apr 2007

general screenings are $15 or $8 (for matinee and late nights)</p>

see here:</p>

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/t..._Policies.html</p>

General Screening Ticket - Evenings and Weekends*:
                  $15<sup>00</sup>
                  (*Screenings beginning at 5:00pm, or after, Monday-Friday. All screenings on Saturday-Sunday.)

General Screening Ticket - Matinee and Late Night Films**:
                  $8<sup>00</sup>
                  (**Screenings beginning prior to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, or beginning at 11:00pm or after everyday. NO DISCOUNTS APPLY)
                  </p>

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

that's not that bad then.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
                      • Dec 2007

didnt have time(or too lazy)to go to cinema recently...</P>

gotsome new released DVDs and watched some old movies</P>

Tampopo by junzo itami</P>

Walker by alex fox</P>
                      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

and .....AVP....its not even funny.</P>
                      I don't exist.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Recent viewings:</FONT></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">L?appartement/Mimouni/France/1996: </SPAN>[/B]<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">a romance constructed like a thriller, starring Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassel in their first on screen pairing. I had seen that film before (and own the DVD), definitely recommended if you can?t find it; unpretentious but quality entertainment.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">Le dernier gang/Zeitoun/France/2007: </SPAN>[/B]<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">Not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination but an interesting view for those that are fascinated with some of the events presented in Olivier Marchal?s <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">36 quai des orfèvres [/B]and the activities of the famous ?gang des postiches? (the hairpiece gang, famous bank robbers from the 80s) whose membership?s eventual demise also led to the fall and imprisonment and eventual pardon of a senior police officer for reasons still seen as nebulous and politically motivated.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
                        <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Next on the watch list:<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                        <UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0cm" type=disc>
                        <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mongol, a mega-production about the life of Genghis Khan starring Tadanobu Asano<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></LI>
                        <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Truands, <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">Schoendoerffer?s (who directed secret agents) latest movie, another cop/criminal thing that I enjoy and you might not, Marchal also has a small role in this.</SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></LI>
                        <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">Nueve Reinas: has anyone seen this, I like what I?ve read but never bothered to watch it.</SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></LI>
                        <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-bidi-font-weight: bold; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Naissance des pieuvres/Water lilies: Girls coming of age story, supposedly pretty good. New Yorkers might have heard of it under the title of ?water lilies? as I saw a couple of posters plastered around <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Manhattan</st1:place></st1:City> announcing its theatrical run. </FONT></SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></LI>[/list]

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Recent viewings:</font></p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><o:p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></o:p></p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"><b style=""><span style="" lang="EN-CA">L?appartement/Mimouni/France/1996: </span>[/b]<span style="" lang="EN-CA">a romance constructed like a thriller, starring Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassel in their first on screen pairing. I had seen that film before (and own the DVD), definitely recommended if you can?t find it; unpretentious but quality entertainment.<o:p></o:p></span></font></font></p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><o:p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></o:p></span></p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"><b style=""><span style="" lang="EN-CA">Le dernier gang/Zeitoun/France/2007: </span>[/b]<span style="" lang="EN-CA">Not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination but an interesting view for those that are fascinated with some of the events presented in Olivier Marchal?s <b style="">36 quai des orfèvres [/b]and the activities of the famous ?gang des postiches? (the hairpiece gang, famous bank robbers from the 80s) whose membership?s eventual demise also led to the fall and imprisonment and eventual pardon of a senior police officer for reasons still seen as nebulous and politically motivated.<o:p></o:p></span></font></font></p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><o:p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></o:p></span></p>
                          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Next on the watch list:<o:p></o:p></font></font></span></p>
                          <ul style="margin-top: 0cm;" type="disc">
                          <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Mongol, a mega-production about the life of Genghis Khan starring Tadanobu Asano<o:p></o:p></font></font></span>
                          <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Truands, <span style="">Schoendoerffer?s (who directed secret agents) latest movie, another cop/criminal thing that I enjoy and you might not, Marchal also has a small role in this.</span><o:p></o:p></font></font></span>
                          <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman"><span style="" lang="EN-CA">Nueve Reinas: has anyone seen this, I like what I?ve read but never bothered to watch it.</span><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><o:p></o:p></span></font></font>
                          <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Naissance des pieuvres/Water lilies: Girls coming of age story, supposedly pretty good. New Yorkers might have heard of it under the title of ?water lilies? as I saw a couple of posters plastered around <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Manhattan</st1:place></st1:City> announcing its theatrical run. </font></span><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><o:p></o:p></span>[/list]

[/quote]</p>

She is goddess. Can I have a copy?</p>

Mongol sounds like something I would've loved to see. Is it well done?</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"]
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Recent viewings:</FONT></P>
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></P>
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN lang=EN-CA>L?appartement/Mimouni/France/1996: </SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-CA>a romance constructed like a thriller, starring Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassel in their first on screen pairing. I had seen that film before (and own the DVD), definitely recommended if you can?t find it; unpretentious but quality entertainment.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN lang=EN-CA>Le dernier gang/Zeitoun/France/2007: </SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-CA>Not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination but an interesting view for those that are fascinated with some of the events presented in Olivier Marchal?s 36 quai des orfèvres and the activities of the famous ?gang des postiches? (the hairpiece gang, famous bank robbers from the 80s) whose membership?s eventual demise also led to the fall and imprisonment and eventual pardon of a senior police officer for reasons still seen as nebulous and politically motivated.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
                              <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Next on the watch list:<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
                              <UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0cm" type=disc>
                              <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mongol, a mega-production about the life of Genghis Khan starring Tadanobu Asano<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></LI>
                              <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Truands, <SPAN>Schoendoerffer?s (who directed secret agents) latest movie, another cop/criminal thing that I enjoy and you might not, Marchal also has a small role in this.</SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></LI>
                              <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN lang=EN-CA>Nueve Reinas: has anyone seen this, I like what I?ve read but never bothered to watch it.</SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-CA><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></LI>
                              <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Naissance des pieuvres/Water lilies: Girls coming of age story, supposedly pretty good. New Yorkers might have heard of it under the title of ?water lilies? as I saw a couple of posters plastered around <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Manhattan</st1:place></st1:City> announcing its theatrical run. </FONT></SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-CA><o:p></o:p></SPAN></LI>[/list]

[/quote]</P>

She is goddess. Can I have a copy?</P>

Mongol sounds like something I would've loved to see. Is it well done?</P>

[/quote]</P>

You can, I'll check the languages on the DVD, I think there's only french...it was remade as "wicker park" in the US but they totally modified the story to attain the mystical happy ending.</P>

Haven't watch Mongol yet, I'll let you know. I'm listing movies to make you 1-2 DVDs, as discussed so I'll just ad it if it is good. I know Russian producerswere involved in the movie so I'm sure you can find a copy on some Russian bittorrent sites.</P>

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Don't care, I'll just stare at Monica. [:O]</p>

I'll look for Mongol.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎