Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Hache
    • Sep 2006

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

Agree with both comments, the Wim Werders one is the best movie from him, a very affective and effective medidation on the human being, a great achievement both technically and narratively, too bad years later Hollywood fucked up the idea with an awful remake.</P>

When a german movie won the oscar at best foreign movie making my personal favourite a loser (pan's labyrinth by the mexican director Guillermo del Toro) i feel frustrated. The mexican movie was, at my personal point of view, a true winner, so i feel the urge to saw the german one to have the arguments to make a critic judgment. I was verysceptical at first, but at the end i was captivated, a very sincere, intelligent, elegant movie with perfect acting and a true political view. </P>

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

Don't worry, Jorge - Pan's Labyrinth is in the league of its own. Best film I've seen in years, probably since Dogville.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

I'd still have given it to Pan's as well, but that doesn't even begin to diminish The Lives of Others. It was one of those movies that, by the end of its run, I had dragged everyone I know to (Pan was as well but most people went to see it far more willingly). The Lives of Others was a little more like:
        </p>

"You said we were going to see Generic Teen Comedy? What the hell is this?" They'd say.
        </p>

"Shut the fuck up and pay attention." I'd respond, knowingly.
        </p>
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Jorge Hache
          • Sep 2006

"Shut the fuck up and pay attention." </P>

I'm thinking seriously in borrow that line from you, belive it can be very usefulwith some ofmy friends</P>

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Pan's labyrinth was a beautiful film....</P>

Rec eh?</P>

I'm gonna have to check this one out!</P>

The American remake of the Thai horror Shutter is coming out (is out?) and it could be okay... I have to say that the Thai version destroyed my soul. That's not one I could watch alone.</P>
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgZlMYj_NU</p>

video with the reaction of the public during the first REC exhibition at Sitges </p>

[/quote]</p>

oh man oh man oh man do I ever want to see this </p>

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

me too.
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

The American remake of the Thai horror Shutter is coming out (is out?) and it could be okay... I have to say that the Thai version destroyed my soul. That's not one I could watch alone.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I'm not too far into Shutter and I'm definitely going to have to start earlier in the evening if I'm going to finish watch this thing alone. Damn. </p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

The American remake of the Thai horror Shutter is coming out (is out?) and it could be okay... I have to say that the Thai version destroyed my soul. That's not one I could watch alone.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm not too far into Shutter and I'm definitely going to have to start earlier in the evening if I'm going to finish watch this thing alone. Damn.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You are a stronger man than me even trying to brave that movie alone my friend. Props :)</P>

I showed my girlfriend the Rec trailers. I couldn't watch them at the moment.... maybe tomorrow during the daytime.</P>

Thanks Wire. Artist for bringing this one to my attention! I have a love/hate thing with horror films that blow my mind hehehe</P>

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

I ended up just going for it and finishing it off. </p>

I am going to be having some fun nightmares tonight. </p>

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

Time to man up. Closed the windows, shut the doors, turned off the lights - REC time.</p>

</p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

hahaha oh man!</P>

You aren't gonna sleep for DAYS!</P>

I told all my buddies about Rec today. I downloaded that bad boy but I'm gonna wait until I can watch it with my girlfriend. She loves these crazy movies hehehe</P>

Enjoy it!!</P>

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

I'll be honest, I'm like 10 minutes from the end of REC and I'm not feeling it - I think the key here was in the tension more and reality more than shock scares, etc... and it's not really conveying on my system here. I could see this being good in an theate with an audience of other freaked out people, feeding off each others paranoia.</p>

On my own, in a comfortable (though dark) environment, I don't think it's working. </p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

dammit!</P>

Don't tell me that servo heheh. I'll still give it a go though.</P>

Did you like Shutter?</P>

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

Shutter wasn't bad - a little generic but still entertaining enough (and a few good shocks at 3 in the morning).</p>

I need more horror movie suggestions. I consume this genre - I will go see almost every horror film that comes out practically regardless of how terrible it looks. It's an addiction.</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎