Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iSuck
    • Mar 2008

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

Cinema Paradiso(dir. cut) dir. Giuseppe Tornatore</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

nice</P>

Comment

• Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

[quote user="philip nod"]

Mr. Lonely</p>

any thoughts?</p>

[/quote]</p>

is it playing outside of tff?</p>

wtf, nymag says he lives in nashville, now?</p>

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

tff?</p>

its playing at west 4th. across from the basketball court. IFC. </p>

he's lived there for awhile. </p>
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

tribeca film festival; i missed it then. i knew they were playing his older movies (dogme954eva), i didn't realize this had gotten wide release. will cop tomorrow.

Comment

• mamaboy
            • Mar 2008

i have a feel that mr. lonely should be horrible...
            but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

that's a constructive observation^ </p>

why do you have a feel like that?
              </p>
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

Dumplings by Fruit Chan is good...Miriam Yeung is usually annoying but she's pretty effective in a surprising dramatic turn. haven't watched the other two entries in that trilogy, although i'm tempted to check out the Miike i love his work

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Call me crazy, but I saw Speed Racer and absolutely loved it. I saw it opening day and went out to get another group of people to see it again the very next.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

That's good to hear, did it do the cartoon justice? I was going to see it yesterday but my father and uncle want to see too... it will be a family affair.
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                      • Jun 2007

A Film Worth Watching: Le Scaphandre Et Le Papillon (The Diving Bell And Butterfly)

I think all fashion aficionados would enjoy this movie. Its hilarious, deep, and meaningful. It taps into all the major parts of your emotions....</p>

</p>

The Diving Bell and Butterfly</p>

The true story of Elle Magazine editor Jean-Dominique Bauby who suffers a stroke
                      and has to live with an almost totally paralyzed body; only his left
                      eye isn't paralyzed. Jean-Dominique Bauby, who, in 1995 at the age of 43, suffered a stroke
                      that paralyzed his entire body, except his left eye. Using that eye to
                      blink out his memoir, Bauby eloquently described the aspects of his
                      interior world, from the psychological torment of being trapped inside
                      his body to his imagined stories from lands he'd only visited in his
                      mind.
                      </p>

Borrowed from IMDB.com</p>

</p>

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Re: A Film Worth Watching: Le Scaphandre Et Le Papillon (The Diving Bell And Butterfly)

Hmm, I didnt like it much. I found it quite flat, emotionally, perhaps I was expecting too much or am too sentimental.I found it difficult to engage with the guy, I think partly because the direction was so overwrought. It seemed like a little art project just extended out into feature length. It also has a totally ludicrous Austin Powers type sceneinvolvoing a photo shoot and Azzedine Alaia - yeah baby!

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Re: A Film Worth Watching: Le Scaphandre Et Le Papillon (The Diving Bell And Butterfly)

^[86]</p>

I saw Mr. Schnabel being seated for dinner in his pajamas at Wallse the other night. Ever in character, I guess. [73]
                          </p>
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

^[86]</p>

I saw Mr. Schnabel being seated for dinner in his pajamas at Wallse the other night. Ever in character, I guess. [73]
                            </p>

[/quote]</p>

Isn't his atrocious townhouse around the corner there? up for sale!</p>
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Yes, it's really quite something. We were walking to the Rusty Knot and he was hanging out in front of the house in his bathrobe..had moved one block to the restaurant by the time we were heading home. Absolutely classic. [86]
                              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Watching Heart of the Dog for the nth time. What an incredible film - I wish there was one with English subtitles. The book is a must read - another Bulgakov's masterpiece.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎