Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamaboy
    • Mar 2008

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

for tarkovski fans only--book just came out "tarkovski"--that opens with sartr letter about "ivans childhood"--does not it sound appealing ?....
    but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Jorge Hache
      • Sep 2006

Re: Photography is truth. The cinema is truth twenty-four times per second: The cinema thread

VERY, i´ll look after it

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Is it this book mamaboy? Looks great.</p>

Another book of interest--i believe this had been out of print for awhile now:
        </p>

</p>
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">I just came back from seeing l'ennemi intime (the intimate ennemy), great war movie about the Algerian "war" (was recognized as a war in 1999 by the french government). Not a masterpice by any means but it packs quite a punch, tackling issues of massacres, systematized torture,villages decimated by the fellagas and the whole unrealness of fighting against people that wereactually alongside you (same regiments!!)</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">during WWII. Humanity has a way of re-using the unthinkable and I've always been fascinated by those resistants who were on the receiving end of gestapo torture techniques et recycled the exact same ones during the Algerian war, those french inovations were later used in South America (Pinochet, etc) and more recently in Irak (by Saddam).</SPAN></P>
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Hali
            • Sep 2007

Watched "This Is England" last night.</p>

The style in that movie was absolutely perfect. I'm not much of an authority on the skin movement, but the contrast between the old and out-of-place skins who were still fighting the causes fight and the younger ones who were in it for the music and clothes resonated nicely. They also fit a very sweet coming of age story into it.</p>

Great shots of Thatcher's England.
            </p>

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

I had a rundown of some fantastic cinema lately ...</p>

Once Upon a Time In America dir. Sergio Leone
              Seven Samurai dir. Akira Kurosawa
              Betty Blue(dir. cut) dir. Jean-Jacques Beineix
              Cinema Paradiso(dir. cut) dir. Giuseppe Tornatore</p>

Kurosawa is one of the greates film-makers of rain ...</p>

I like long films very much.[79] [64]
              </p>
              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-CA">I just came back from seeing l'ennemi intime (the intimate ennemy), great war movie about the Algerian "war" (was recognized as a war in 1999 by the french government). Not a masterpice by any means but it packs quite a punch, tackling issues of massacres, systematized torture,villages decimated by the fellagas and the whole unrealness of fighting against people that wereactually alongside you (same regiments!!)</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">during WWII. Humanity has a way of re-using the unthinkable and I've always been fascinated by those resistants who were on the receiving end of gestapo torture techniques et recycled the exact same ones during the Algerian war, those french inovations were later used in South America (Pinochet, etc) and more recently in Irak (by Saddam).</span></p>

[/quote]</p>

Agreed. Isn't that crazy?! I've thought the exact same thought when watching The Battle of Algier
                </p>
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Hali"]

Watched "This Is England" last night.</p>

The style in that movie was absolutely perfect. I'm not much of an authority on the skin movement, but the contrast between the old and out-of-place skins who were still fighting the causes fight and the younger ones who were in it for the music and clothes resonated nicely. They also fit a very sweet coming of age story into it.</p>

Great shots of Thatcher's England.
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

Saw it a few months ago - great film.</p>
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Went to see iron man last night. Total shite. RDJ's annoying false naturalistic acting drives me nuts. Jeff Bridges couldn't have been more hammy if he'd been strung up in an italian deli. Gwynnie clearly needed the cheque - Chris needs to get that new album out soon. Afghans are dumb baddies - yes we know. Good triumphs over evil - yes we know.[/quote]</p>

one question still remains - why did you go to see it in the first place? :-)</p>

I must say, I love RDJ.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                      • Sep 2006

Totally recommend 3-Iron by Kim Ki-Duk, a modern andpoetic love fable, one of the most romantic moviesi ever seen (the last sequence is just unforgettable)

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

LOST-</p>

Jack's father with Claire... John the chosen one. They want to move the island... somehow while watching you realize that you have an understanding of nonunderstanding. you make sense of tons of layers upon layers of information that appear random at times but that are not. it renders you unable to articulate anything...but completely leaves you feeling like you know. i love this show.
                        </p>
                        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Watched The Green Mile yesterday. I loved it, to my own surprise. It reminded me somewhat of Borges's Funes, The Memorious.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

Watched Kurosawa's throne of blood again last night. Criterion editions are the best, the transfer is amazing.</p>

</p>

edit- V I like "cut", and Fruit Chan's "dumplings" is great too. </p>

Comment

• mamaboy
                              • Mar 2008

"cut" by park---for my nerves</P>
                              but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

Mr. Lonely</p>

any thoughts?</p>
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎