X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

I wonder if simone secretly owns all saints?

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

I think people are hyper critical on him and there are many designs out there just as obvious or worse. Since it's acceptable banter on here every new kid thinks he's cute to post a new design first followed by the same f'ing complaints we've heard dozens of times. The rip-off conspiracies are the most inane, impotent topics on here.
      Bottom line is he does make badass footwear. What he lacks in originality he makes up for in construction. Haven't had nearly the problems with his footwear that I've had with Carol. Love em both.

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

Agreed Peasant. "Every new kid" could do way worse than investing in his bad ass boots. There is very little buyer's remorse - just see how little is resold.

It is simple for me. His product is superb. His philosophy simple and consistent; do not handle with care.

(I don't work for A1923.)
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
          Agreed. We are the edge case, not the common case. If we were the common case there's no way any of the "artisans" we favor could stay in business.
          Well, don't underestimate the power of SZ either. We definitely wield a huge influence over this market. So, no SZ, no some of those artisans in the first place. 15 banners on the front page aren't here for nothing.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jippos
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
            ...The rip-off conspiracies are the most inane, impotent topics on here.
            Bottom line is he does make badass footwear. What he lacks in originality he makes up for in construction. Haven't had nearly the problems with his footwear that I've had with Carol. Love em both.
            I really see what you're saying, and having handled much of his footwear, it's really well made, bad ass footwear, etc. etc.

But it's not really a "conspiracy" when everyone can see that many of his models are not inspired by, but actual, blatant copies of other designs. This doesn't bother some, and it does bother others.

Also, as for me, "what he lacks in originality he makes up for in construction" (and price) is less of a defense than saying that "what [pick-a-designer] lacks in originality he/she/they make(s) up for in affordability." I guess if someone's going to copy shit... well, I don't know... Tornadoes for all, or something.

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

We are just calling a1923 for what it is. I never questioned the quality having owned some boots from a1923. I just don't like that the Impressionism is getting so blatant.

I think his dual zips are a great design and that making a spiral zip was just a bit much imo.

Comment

• lazyguru
                • Jun 2008

Just so that its clear CCP did double zip boots when Simone was still the water boy at CDiem

Comment

• deltapie
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                  Just so that its clear CCP did double zip boots when Simone was still the water boy at CDiem
                  I'm not so sure that was the actual job title.
                  "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• drizzly
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2012

i thought he never worked at cdiem...

Comment

• Icarium
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Well, don't underestimate the power of SZ either. We definitely wield a huge influence over this market. So, no SZ, no some of those artisans in the first place. 15 banners on the front page aren't here for nothing.
                      Maybe so ;p But folks do tend to conflate their own importance so some perspective for the more imaginative ones might temper that.

Comment

• kurta
                        • Jun 2014

For those seeking a close up, here's the current season black derby in reindeer leather ("renna," which is Simone's special leather of the season, following last season's kudu), featuring a stacked heel and an eggplant sole.

The top of the outsole (where the upper and sole meet) has a very light bluish white strip which subtly accents the stitching in and around the sole. The reindeer leather is markedly grained, pliable but structured. Seems as though it will break in nicely, more easily than cavallo or cordovan or the like, and conform to the foot to provide a comfortable fit. (eton97 confirms.)

Also: very pretty:

Comment

• BBSCCP
                          • Feb 2010

Does anybody know the differences of the CULATTA leathers which have been issued since FW12 (?)

I am especially interested in the Dual Zip Boot and this boot has been issued every season in Culatta and every batch looks slightly different (of course).

Cullata this, Cullata reversed, oiled and so on.

Has anybody a clear vision of what is going on, has handled some, and can explain the differences of the issued batches?

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

Culatte is rear end of horse and he has several different treatments of it thats about it. Aesthetically they have variations due to scarring, treatment and reverse vs non reverse. Seems like some of the non-reverse culatta is left partially rugged which gives the boot a cool effect.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                              Culatte is rear end of horse and he has several different treatments of it thats about it. Aesthetically they have variations due to scarring, treatment and reverse vs non reverse. Seems like some of the non-reverse culatta is left partially rugged which gives the boot a cool effect.
                              Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. The partially reverse/non-reverse oiled version is my favorite. Need to handle them IRL.

Comment

• Trixer
                                • Mar 2014

Heard that stores stocking CCP have been told by Poell that they cannot continue to stock A1923 if they wish to keep CCP?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎