X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lazyguru
    • Jun 2008

MA+ or A1923

I know this is beating a dead horse but , I swear i though they put MA+ in the wrong section , till I noticed the tacky selvage hem

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• originalhead
      • Apr 2013

There is no point to talk that again and again cause we all know that this brand is a derivative. What I confused is that the price of derivative is higher than the original brand which it stand for.

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
      I know this is beating a dead horse but , I swear i though they put MA+ in the wrong section , till I noticed the tacky selvage hem

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

If you're hating on a brand why do you give a shit what the prices are? I wouldn't expect you to be buying it.
        I back all the Augusta pieces I own. Love them all and I still say nobody touches most of his footwear. Wears hard and built to last, whereas all of my Carol footwear has ripped or come apart at some point. Everyone is caught up on a few designs. He has a tremendous amount of options out there.

And don't say "We all know..." Who's "we?" I don't like to be lumped in with the herd.
        Last edited by Peasant; 06-08-2014, 07:07 AM. Reason: more..

Comment

• drizzly
          Banned
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
          If you're hating on a brand why do you give a shit what the prices are? I wouldn't expect you to be buying it.
          I back all the Augusta pieces I own. Love them all and I still say nobody touches most of his footwear. Wears hard and built to last, whereas all of my Carol footwear has ripped or come apart at some point. Everyone is caught up on a few designs. He has a tremendous amount of options out there.

And don't say "We all know..." Who's "we?" I don't like to be lumped in with the herd.
          I keep hearing the above bold comment but I have carol footwear, friends have carol footwear and spoke to so many others that the above has not happened to. Hence, i think people need to stop spreading that critique. If you wear things hard they sometimes break that goes for everything.

I do agree that a1923 is built to wear super hard. However, the look, to me, of most of his footwear is a bit much and i lean to the cleaner CCP look. Nevertheless, I am quite impressed with the construction.

I did try on a1923 side zips a few years ago and felt they were unwearable. Recently, i tried on the double side zips in horse and they were great in every respect. But, why would i want to put my feet through that break in period not to mention its hard to put your foot into those boots in the first place.

The ma+ and a1923 critique up above is futile because any designer could of done that. I still see a piece in a store and think its one thing and it turns out to be something else. thats just normal.

Comment

• Scander
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post

m.a+? You're talking about Carpe maybe.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
              I keep hearing the above bold comment but I have carol footwear, friends have carol footwear and spoke to so many others that the above has not happened to. Hence, i think people need to stop spreading that critique.
              I'm not spreading a rumor. Simply stating my experiences. I have no idea what you or your friends have had happen to your shoes, and I don't care to put words in your mouth. But, all of my footwear from him has had something happen to them. Honestly, I own more Carol than anything and I'm the first guy to encourage someone to buy his goods. It certainly doesn't stop me from buying Carol footwear. The fact remains that my a1923 footwear has held up to much harder beatings. So what?

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

Seconded. What I like about him is every season he will offered something new. Shape, leather or some details on the footwear. I still loves all the work boots.
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

I'm not spreading a rumor. Simply stating my experiences. I have no idea what you or your friends have had happen to your shoes, and I don't care to put words in your mouth. But, all of my footwear from him has had something happen to them. Honestly, I own more Carol than anything and I'm the first guy to encourage someone to buy his goods. It certainly doesn't stop me from buying Carol footwear. The fact remains that my a1923 footwear has held up to much harder beatings. So what?
                  I now don't understand what point you are making. If you read back I was agreeing with you on a1923/ma+ rip and disagreeing with you on CCP.

Comment

• lazyguru
                    • Jun 2008

Iam sorry I bought this up , regretted the minute I posted it.
                    Please carry on with the usual programming

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The pants in question retail for $2.5k... Ho-hum...
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Now that is another issue; one I don't agree with.
                        Drizzly, my bad, read through your post a bit too quickly.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

Now that is another issue; one I don't agree with.
                          Drizzly, my bad, read through your post a bit too quickly.
                          It happens...

look guys every designer gets influenced thats that. I don't think they proactively say oh thats cool let me copy it. I think its more like oh shit thats awesome let me do my interpretation of it.

Unfortunately, a1923 borders ccp a bit too much and thats where heat comes from but honestly its good that they provide options even if similar.

Comment

• blacktulip
                            • Nov 2011

Been wearing in the sneakers every day this past few weeks. These things are hardcore - showing no wear whatsoever. Rick pencil eraser soles would show a 30 degree incline by now.

Thanks for all the advice. When they start to visibly wear I'll get the white vibram/heel tap treatment.
                            "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                              It happens...

look guys every designer gets influenced thats that. I don't think they proactively say oh thats cool let me copy it. I think its more like oh shit thats awesome let me do my interpretation of it.

Unfortunately, a1923 borders ccp a bit too much and thats where heat comes from but honestly its good that they provide options even if similar.
                              I must say I'd take the a1923 over the CCP because of that matte black that makes it blacker than a black hole. I don't like that CCP leathers are shiny.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• miserableman
                                • Dec 2009

Really like some of the CCP-esque boots I've seen from him lately, especially the matte/dull stuff but there's no constant vibe to any of his footwear apart from the sneakers. Unlike CCP, Layer-0 and Guidi for example, which all have a definite cohesion running throughout. You know when you see a boot or shoe made by guidi, that it's made by guidi.

Can't say the same for A1923, and the prices are absurd.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎