Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yorick_you
    • Jan 2014

is there anybody could tell some details about this one darklands named it “Selvedge long coat”, but is this really Selvedge? and anybody knows whats the material?

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
      I own it as does eckblk.. the detail definitely isn't sewn on. I'm not sure what techniques might be used to fake selvedge... so can't guarantee it is real, but definitely doesn't seem sewn on.

There's the selvedge detail on both leg seams on the pants too which I've never seen on pants before... which seems like it might be impossible if it were real selvedge based on my rudimentary knowledge of pattern-making
      This was touched on in the CCP thread early on during the first views of Self-Edge. If the goal is to have a selvedge seam and have good access to the fabric producer/weaver, a thinner width of fabric can be made to increase the amount of selvedge and so allow you to construct jeans with two natural selvedge edges.

By "sewn on" I think people are referring to a thin strip of fabric, with the selvedge edge on it, are used to finish parts like the arm hole inside to complete the visual selvedge effect rather than truly constructing the sleeve/sleeve cap/scye with an edge of selvedge... which is not really possible anyways given the sharp and many curves needed for the sleeve cap construction.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• qazwsx
        • Feb 2012

just ran into these augusta.
        set aside the 'derivative' or 'ccp ripoff' aspect of the work
        they're like perfection, at least to me

i've always been annoyed by how pointy ccp toebox is, which limits the choice of pairing and is also so robust that it even affects the whole vibe of the look [impo]. But i was pathetically obsessed with the perfect diagonal zip of the boots. And now, here we have available the physical form of the day-dream abstract idea...

the creasing is quite spontaneous, very appealing to me personally.
        the round toebox finishes off/off sets the crazyness/sharpness of the boots and add something masculine to them...which impo makes them more versatile
        they're Culana Cavallo boots as it says on the description, not sure what leather they're made of. Im determined to get a pair, for sure.

vitello boots, rather less pronounced masculine connotation
        the structure is beautiful nonetheless
        "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
          i've always been annoyed by how pointy ccp toebox is, which limits the choice of pairing and is also so robust that it even affects the whole vibe of the look [impo]. But i was pathetically obsessed with the perfect diagonal zip of the boots.
          your dream is available from ccp since 2009, in the shape of the one piece diagonal zip boots. their toebox is round, contrary to the classic tornado boots.
          also, this niche market is the only one i know of, where a blatant rip off is more expensive than the original, and is sold in the same stores.
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

which model are you referring to that is a rip off? (honestly curious)

Comment

• boodude
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by BSR View Post
              your dream is available from ccp since 2009, in the shape of the one piece diagonal zip boots. their toebox is round, contrary to the classic tornado boots.
              also, this niche market is the only one i know of, where a blatant rip off is more expensive than the original, and is sold in the same stores.
              What is the model of the ccp 2009 one piece boot you are refering to? Thx

Comment

• eckblk
                • Mar 2010

seamless tornado zip would be my guess

Last edited by eckblk; 03-23-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• boodude
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                  seamless tornado zip would be my guess.
                  hmm nice.. I always thought them more pointy and awkwardly bulgy..

Btw the leather on the first pic a1923 diagonal zips does not look enticing at all.... I saw them a month ago on the ff site but could not find any other pics elsewhere. the shape is very nice though
                  Last edited by boodude; 03-23-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• qazwsx
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                    thanks eckblk for the picture.
                    well, hopefully im not mistaken, but it seems to me the toebox of that particular seamless one-piece diagonal zip is indeed "round" but not bulky (im referring to the cdiem s52m kinda bulkyness) as augusta. And when worn, the one-piece gives an awkward [to me] silhouette

courtesy of an unknown quantity
                    well, of course, the toebox of the above picture is apparently pointy, so maybe the one you're referring to has a different construction. Just showing what a ccp one-piece would typicall fit like in my mind
                    Last edited by qazwsx; 03-25-2014, 10:39 AM.
                    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• braver
                      • Sep 2013

Found this:

What's the idea of such ankle height?
                      Any fit pics maybe?

Comment

• en0rm
                        • May 2010

its purely design. i have tried it on (in the right size) and the low cut ankle at the back didnt seem very ideal...allot of slipping out . the leather however was very stiff and might be better when worn-in and laced up quite tight.

Comment

• ds74
                          • Jun 2011

Farah Forceps Majora

Better add Farah as a claimant in the illustrious list of teh copy-wronged, headed by Carol/PH (much as one hesitates to retronymically link those two)....At least this one has seriously lols for anyone who attended english schools in 1981, rather than some Berlin80s/Vienna10s/civil war Imaginary of the spotless mind.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

i am confuse
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

It must take strenuous effort to post the actual photo.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the-orb
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
                                they're Culana Cavallo boots as it says on the description, not sure what leather they're made of. Im determined to get a pair, for sure.
                                That's probably meant to be "culatta cavallo" which means horse rump in Italian.

I love the shape of them too, at least when not worn. Would love to see some fit pics though. I wonder if they fit somewhat loose in the upper part as in the CCP fit pic or whether they fit closer to the leg.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎