• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I must say I'd take the a1923 over the CCP because of that matte black that makes it blacker than a black whole. I don't like that CCP leathers are shiny.
    The matte black actually lightens up the shoe. If you want a deep black you would want a shoe thats not matte. In fact a matte black starts looking like a gray.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

Looking forward to this sneaker.
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

I'm a big Augusta fan, but both of those are horrendously ugly....especially the front zip boots.
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• drizzly
          Banned
          • Apr 2012

zipper is on the wrong side

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Still think his double zip boot from this season (ss14) were the best iteration and best leather (oiled horse) to date.
            Also I agree - his sneakers are the best out there. For general everyday wear they are top of my list. BUT I think his shape upto aw13 were the best. There is something about his ss14 shape - certainly around the toe area that I just don't like. Aw14 is a no go for me with the separate ankle bit for jean tuck.

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

yea they are great and i seriously considered them. But the rough leather turned me off a bit. I prefer something smooth these days.

I remember at one point all my sw&d boots were reverse leather. I am over it now...

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Yeah.. not a big fan but he's trying new things. Things others really haven't so I commend that. Wouldn't buy, but interesting.

Comment

• Danse Générale
                  • May 2011

Well i bought my first augustas about a year ago & did not wear them much. I must say, that i'm a bit disappointed, because they are already falling apart .
                  Don't want to start the discussion about how good ccp & how bad augusta is or the other way round, just interested if this is normal. I got boots and they are still perfect and get a lot more wear than the sneakers. Anyone aware of similar "effects"?
                  I really like augusta sneakers but not sure right now, if i should buy another pair. I mean i expected 1k sneaker to last a bit longer, but maybe that's just the naive me^^

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

I have looked at your photos and I'm sorry but I just don't understand how damage like this just 'happens'. I'd understand a seam 'popping' or and eyelet coming loose, but the damage to yours just doesn't match 'light wear'. Tbh it doesn't even match heavy wear.
                    The seam tearing right the way up the sides just can't happen from 'natural wear ' as this just isn't a pressure point on the sneaker, and the tear right across the sole is odd.
                    Very very strange.
                    I've owned that exact model and wore them very often and wore the hard and nothing ever happened like that. I also have a second new pair and again the have been worn every single weekend since I purchased them and they still look like they've just come straight out of the box.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Did you wear them after the stitching initially broke? Like eton said, seems indeed weird that a seam would burst just like that along its full length
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Danse Générale
                        • May 2011

Well, i wore those one or two times after it started to broke, maybe this was a fault!?!
                        I went to the cobbler today and he also couldn't understand, how the leather and the rubber broke that way. Good thing is, that he is (of course) able to fix the stitching, but the broken leather and rubber, well no idea... do you guys think contacting augusta for a fix/ solution makes sense?
                        BTW: Thanks for your answers & help. Etons experience (and many others) shows me, that i should try another pair in the future and trust the quality :-)

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

That damage looks like it's abuse. Unless it was kept in an extremely hot and dry place I can't see how they'd crack. I've had three pairs of his sneaks so far and the soles are pretty damn durable.
                          He'd have to replace the sole for a fix. I'd crazy glue them, no joke. Or shoe-goo and sand them.

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

It's a waste of time trying to contact simone.
                            Firstly because he won't reply, and secondly because as I and peasant have said, it looks like intentional damage rather than a 'fault'

Comment

• mizzar
                              • Mar 2008

A friend of mine have the same issue with side seam poping,
                              it was not due to abuse, just daily wear, thou regular, 3-to-5 days a week, about 7-8 month in all the vertical stitches on both sneakers poped.
                              Had the repaired, and they look like new.
                              Danse Générale
                              The sole can be rebuild but you'll need real master-repairworker open to experiments.
                              In UA it'll cost around 70-100 usd+shipping, how much in whereever you are i don't know.
                              ____
                              sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Senpai
                                • Apr 2014

Vertice Posted a preview of their new buy, including these Reindeer Leather Derbies I'm quite fond of.
                                http://www.verticelondon.com/shoes/1...rby_shoes.html

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎