Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

pretty small buy. hlorenzo appears to have made a much smaller buy than usual as well. perhaps our dire predictions are coming true? see simone....? we tried to warn you....
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Senpai
      • Apr 2014

Hopefully it may incentivize him to lower those prices a little... Last time I was at Hlorenzo I was talking to a buyer about M_moria and he said he'd love to stock them but selling a1923 at the prices they are is difficult enough. Or something along those lines.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Senpai View Post
        Hopefully it may incentivize him to lower those prices a little... Last time I was at Hlorenzo I was talking to a buyer about M_moria and he said he'd love to stock them but selling a1923 at the prices they are is difficult enough. Or something along those lines.
        Picked up a m_moria boot at DSM, saw the $3,375 price tag, and just literally laughed out loud. Come on...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Senpai
          • Apr 2014

Even at 50% I'd still be tentative to buy them. Wild

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

That makes the NY sales tax alone $325 on top of the price.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyguru
              • Jun 2008

Damn!
              I remember the Cordovan Augusta boots At A back in the day were $ 2900.00 , But they were still there at half off!

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                Damn!
                I remember the Cordovan Augusta boots At A back in the day were $ 2900.00 , But they were still there at half off!
                mirror and black sold them for like $1100. honestly they reminded me too much of any classic mens shell cordovan boot.

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Picked up a m_moria boot at DSM, saw the $3,375 price tag, and just literally laughed out loud. Come on...
                  I looked at them at degli effeti in Rome last year and they looked way too plain. Sure construction is great but boring for my tastes.

Comment

• Senpai
                    • Apr 2014

Idk, the beat up photos of lowrey's with the ccp laces actually make them extremely tempting, if I had ample funds. At the same time, you could get a fairly similar boot for half the price if you can hunt down the inspired a1923 versions.

Comment

• Senpai
                      • Apr 2014

Idk, the beat up photos of lowrey's with the ccp laces actually make them extremely tempting, if I had ample funds. At the same time, you could get a fairly similar boot for half the price if you can hunt down the inspired a1923 versions.

On another note, who here can speak about the a diciannoveventitre blazer/coat in the waterproof cotton material? I came across one at a decent price but the measurements are throwing me off. Do they fit pretty large or something? Besides that, hows the fit in person. Would be a lot cheaper than harnden, and a water resistant material would be helpful since I'm moving out to the PNW. Not to mention it seems it has a more slim silhouette on the body than Harnden?

Comment

• Ivans On High
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Senpai View Post
                        On another note, who here can speak about the a diciannoveventitre blazer/coat in the waterproof cotton material? I came across one at a decent price but the measurements are throwing me off. Do they fit pretty large or something? Besides that, hows the fit in person. Would be a lot cheaper than harnden, and a water resistant material would be helpful since I'm moving out to the PNW. Not to mention it seems it has a more slim silhouette on the body than Harnden?
                        The oiled cotton is quite nice, but it's not very substantial and doesn't feel like it warrants the price tag...

The fit depends on the season, the first iteration of the blazer fit small and the second fit more true to size. But generally speaking, the fit is slim and nice a long in the arms - so nothing like harnden.

Ask the seller to double check the measurements and go off those.

Incidentally, I have the english tweed version and the fabric pills like a motherfucker.

Comment

• Senpai
                          • Apr 2014

Interested in how the sharskin leather boots/derbies have been aging for the lucky few members on here who own a pair. Would be nice to see some photos of them after some abuse, as shark leather typically "decays" in a really unique and interesting manner. Secondly, earlier in the thread it's been mentioned Simone experimented with stingray leather?! Any photos of this would be incredibly exciting and interesting.

Comment

• jskidder1
                            • Jan 2011

been following this thread for a bit and just have to say, it is interesting to see how many use ccp as the baseline for quality footwear pricing. and beyond that, also assume that ccp is the gold standard.

i'm pretty confident that anyone who has owned both would easily justify the difference, but i get the feeling most of the people complaining are comparing photos on darklands rather than shoes on their feet.

Comment

• lazyguru
                              • Jun 2008

I assume this is the non-reverse version of the painted boots , Works much nicer here than on the reverse version no!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                                been following this thread for a bit and just have to say, it is interesting to see how many use ccp as the baseline for quality footwear pricing. and beyond that, also assume that ccp is the gold standard.

i'm pretty confident that anyone who has owned both would easily justify the difference, but i get the feeling most of the people complaining are comparing photos on darklands rather than shoes on their feet.
                                well i don't think it is quality that is questionable with this brand
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎