• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor
    • Nov 2009

^^^^Agree with all.
    Originally posted by DRRRK
    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• doldrums
      • Dec 2008

augusta - too turned off by initial "inspired" toe shapes. maybe the bad taste will fade.

julius - whoever said overdesigned high school goth hit it for me. just not me but i can understand the appeal and some pieces are impressive on first hand inspection.

KKA - schizophrenic output. hard for me to buy nice single pieces if i can't convince myself of an interface with designer.

actually, those are all designers i can't and don't love.

on a positive note, i do Edit- OBSESS over cdiem, ma+, luc, devoa, is and yea tbh you can probably make birks look pretty good in their context. not an unnatural transposition. i like some ccp too but your head would explode if you saw it combined with birks.
      Last edited by doldrums; 06-12-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

the only one i'd like to love but can't is Margiela. i don't see his vision in the clothes available for sale: all i can see is plain middle ground fashion pieces, not very well cut (apart from exceptional stuff from the sartorial line that dim mak showed me once). maybe the averageness of the styling is also due to the success of the development of 'no-brand' brands like apc. but i won't pay what mmm asks to look like i'm dressed in full apc with no real quality or style improvement.
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

^ I really wish I could have just worn MMM during his golden Era. In fact I wish I had a sustained interest in fashion when he was doing great things. Same with RAF.
          WTB: This

Comment

• MR27
            • Oct 2009

like but dont love

for me its mmm, Balmain and Dries van Noten

Comment

• BBSCCP
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MR27 View Post
              for me its mmm, Balmain and Dries van Noten
              there is nothing to love about balmain nowadays...

Comment

• mike
                • Dec 2006

i dont get why people hate on balmain so much. yeah they sell a bunch of trashy overpriced stupid shit but so does almost every other designer. the blazers are so dope.

Comment

• mizzar
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I suppose most of you won't get the reference (save for merz), but I just had to.

BSR, MikeN, and Faust in Julius leather (exacerbated by the fact that all three look like nice jewish boys)

Faust,
                  so you'll be Ilya Muromec ,
                  then BSR - Dobrinya Nikitich
                  and MikeN - Alesha Popovich.
                  or maybe i misinterpret their online personas?
                  ____
                  sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Sounds about right!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

I used to own an amazing Dries scarf. Is was this enormous black wool thing that had all types of wool strands hanging from it. I regret selling it to this day...I would say Rick Owens, I love his stuff but it just doesn't look right on me.
                      Now if we're talking about stuff that is just flat out disappointing I would go with MMM as well. He's one of my favorites but a few of his pieces have actually busted or ripped on me after only a few wears. That and well...boring.

Comment

• orphée
                        • Apr 2008

Thanks, laughed ^^, for the bit about Dries; in fact, some of his older made-in-Belgium stuff is quite nice, although it might not fit reflect the typical style choices of SZ members. He can produce some pieces which one might not immediately attribute to him. I have a long leather coat of his with an amazing mottled quality to it...perhaps more Yohji-like, which is probably what drew me to it in the first place. Alas, that was years ago, and his production seems to have changed since then.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                          • Apr 2009

For me it's Dries Van Noten and Marni. I admire both designers' use of colour and patterns from season to season but it's not something I feel comfortable wearing myself.

Comment

• jamesd
                            • Sep 2008

Dries for me, too. I think the color combinations are so beautiful, and I wish I could wear some of the double-breasted jackets. But whenever I try pieces on, they just never work for me.

Comment

• Lumina
                              • Dec 2009

Interesting thread !

To me, it would be Rick Owens. I really like the runways, men or women and from what I've seen the fabrics are great in real life too, but I don't have any item, and I've only tried a leather jacket once. It's beautiful, but overall it's not "me".
                              Plus I don't think it would look very good with my body type, except some draped skirts or dresses, but I never had the occasion yet.
                              I also feel like it's not easy to mix and looks better with items from the same designer so I wouldn't know what to pick...

On the other side, those I'm totally drowned to are Junya, Yohji and CDG, can't help it

Comment

• Macro
                                • Apr 2008

Carol Christian Poell. Fuck his pain, I need comfort. I want to wear it, but all i ever do is stare at it. There is anger, desperation, conceit in his creation, and nothing draws me toward him save for enigmatic elitism and hypnotic patina. Worship those who wear it well... it takes a man giant as the ocean. Find me in the corner, sleeping in Demeulemeester.
                                every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎