Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

you know who i really respect but can't get into or be willing to spend $$ on? yohji. i own zero yohji. i look like a fool in yohji. doesn't suit me or my body type at all.

one that is growing on me is ann. when i was first exposed to her it didn't feel right to me. too romantic maybe? some of her pieces will never be right on me but much of it is too beautiful to ignore and can be worn for years rather than seasons...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• sansoda
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

I would say Demeulemeester and Owens were much more inventive earlier in their careers. But it seems that both designers for the last 5 years have been retreading old ideas.

Maybe because they grew their commercial base & became more "market friendly"?

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i appreciate yohji and his lasting influence but only own a single understated piece. I don;t want to sound like a xenophobe, but the only men I have seen look really good in yohji are older asian men who have the confidence and worldliness required to pull it off — and who, I suppose, resemble Yohji himself.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        you know who i really respect but can't get into or be willing to spend $$ on? yohji. i own zero yohji. i look like a fool in yohji. doesn't suit me or my body type at all.

one that is growing on me is ann. when i was first exposed to her it didn't feel right to me. too romantic maybe? some of her pieces will never be right on me but much of it is too beautiful to ignore and can be worn for years rather than seasons...

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

^^fuckin xenophobe

actually i agree
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

I may eat my words someday. CCP is a brand that inspires me in terms of production and sheer inventiveness. But, when I try on a garment, particularly jackets, I can't help but want to take the waist in about 2" and this seems at odds with the ethos of the brand, so I don't bother. I alter Ann D garments all the time, but with CCP, it seem like a more take it or leave it stance, plus how do you re-work those taped seams??

For now, it's leave it. Jackets are beautiful in the chest and shoulders but too wide in the waist/hips. I'm not feeling the silhouette . . . yet. Who wants to look wide in the waist? Also not a fan of "stiff" fabrics in general. But, dying for some of his shoes/boots, if they were only more readily available.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

it is only the cost of CCP that prevents me from loving it.

Comment

• Castor
                • Nov 2009

LOL. That doesn't help either!

Comment

• BBSCCP
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                  I may eat my words someday. CCP is a brand that inspires me in terms of production and sheer inventiveness. But, when I try on a garment, particularly jackets, I can't help but want to take the waist in about 2" and this seems at odds with the ethos of the brand, so I don't bother. I alter Ann D garments all the time, but with CCP, it seem like a more take it or leave it stance, plus how do you re-work those taped seams??

For now, it's leave it. Jackets are beautiful in the chest and shoulders but too wide in the waist/hips. I'm not feeling the silhouette . . . yet. Who wants to look wide in the waist? Also not a fan of "stiff" fabrics in general. But, dying for some of his shoes/boots, if they were only more readily available.
                  Exactly my thought... I especially have rather wide / big shoulders in comparison to my waist. So, I need a CCP 54 in suits (at least) which does not correspond with my waist of course. The only way would be to visit CCP to take measurements - one day maybe

Plus, I would like to get into the devoa/ma+/Cdiem stuff, but it somehow seems to be less special for me. Sure, if we talk about construction, material selection (like notu jofu) und other things - that stuff has it´s benefits. But still, if I put it on - it looks rather boring on me, so I guess I am rather a guy who needs clothes which draw a little more attention and are "more drama"...

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

For this forum, my tastes are rather bourgeois, in that I don't care for the povera brands like MA+, etc. My favorites are Ann, Rick and Julius, and these three brands are really the most traditional, in terms of production and fit. I've worn CDGH+ for many years, but just a strong piece here and there each season, whereas Ann & Rick seem to totally dominate my wardrobe now.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

I barely wear the povera pieces yet enjoy the work of the designers. Dries should be right up my alley but I don't own any pieces. I'd love to wear some Harnden but never found the right jacket (and tried many).
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Castor
                        • Nov 2009

Harnden feels too historic victorian/povera and the silhouette is always bell shaped on me. I do keep trying and loved a silk shirt at L'Eclaireur, but they only had a size that was too small (Small).

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i know it is boring but all i really wear at this point is old jil when i have a wedding or something and ro pretty much all other times.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Same story with Harnden here. However, I did find that one jacket that I loved in all respects.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don't know man - it's expensive and I don't really have the dough. I'll cross that bridge when I get to Paris.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
                                • Oct 2008

I really don't get the appeal of most julius, a lot of it just strikes me as slightly contrived and costume like.
                                There are a few things that are quite nice, like some of the leathers and a few pairs of trousers, but the rest I really just don't get. A lot of it strikes me as slightly high school goth to be honest. The more ethereal stuff they do I appreciate more, but that's mostly in the spring/summer collections.

I don't get the appeal of MA+/Devoa etc at all either, haven't seen a single piece I'd really want.

When it comes to CCP I like some of the leathers and some of the boots. I remember seeing the chain seam jeans and thinking that they where quite interesting, but nowhere near appealing enough for the pricetag. I don't like his tailoring, and I really don't see the appeal of his basics, most of which strike me as quite bland to be honest.

I like quite a lot of Rick, but I really don't get things like the nylon basketball shorts or baggy nylon trousers. Looks like something from Nike and totally unapealing to me. I realize that this has to do with the sportswear connection, but it just doesn't appeal to me personally. That said I do have a nylon Rick jacket that I really love, but I think sometimes the influence is a bit to literal.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎