Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resonkuken
    • Oct 2012

I concur. Typing in bed wearing bbs pants and tank as well! Boris makes a mean pair of pants. I only have 2 and they´re my go to pants most days.

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

who wears pants to bed?
      sain't

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
        who wears pants to bed?
        Not in bed, silly :)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ES3K
          • Oct 2008

If I'd be someone else (ideally an eccentric billionaire/artist/superdandy), I'd dress myself in Haider Ackermann all day. Unfortunately, I'm not.

I'm in love with his menswear, but I can't get away with it I think.

Comment

• Dreavan
            • Mar 2012

Yes, I got to admit that Ackermann is a real genius! I love each individual piece and details but when it come to a whole look ... it starts being more difficult.

I like CDG and Watanabe but the shapes don't work on me, especially the pants. I think my legs are way too thin to make it happen. I got to be much more attentive to fabrics than shapes to wear drop crotch but I got to admit, the drop crotch from CDG is amazing (when worn by other people) but there is no chemistry between us xD

I used to have the same problem with Damir Doma pants after 2011. I always have to make the bottom of the legs slimmer to create the real sarong trousers form.

For tops, I can easily go unisex or 44/46 but when it comes to trousers, it's much more complicated, the feminine versions are way too feminine or short and the masculine ones drive me ridiculous.

So be happy guys, you won't get competition at a CDG store from me ^^

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
              • Sep 2012

I wish I could wear hanes, nike, kirkland, champion, but I just can't. It looks baggy and ill fitting on me. RO and BBS for me

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Although I don't own anything from Rick Owens, Harnden and Ann D, I only regret that Ann and me will never get along. Being romantic and poetic is just not enough (, something is obviously missing on my side to make it look natural.

For the other designers, Rick maybe something from Crust for a good price, but i'm not looking for it and Harnden, well..., I would say no way, but I have a feeling that once I tried a jacket I might consider it. Nothing more than a jacket though, the full on Harnden aesthetic is giving me headaches.

Comment

• im_parfait
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                  Harnden, well..., I would say no way, but I have a feeling that once I tried a jacket I might consider it. Nothing more than a jacket though, the full on Harnden aesthetic is giving me headaches.
                  The same: I probably lack something in my "fashion education" (and spare $1-2k on my bank account) to enjoy these garments at such prices... I think Harnden is more about the idea and aestetics, but that's probably not my cup of tea.

Though I enjoy Mike Nouveau Instagram - a lot of Harnden softened with TamagoCat works fine

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

I'm not into harnden either. My people dressed like that when we were building your railroads. I'd rather not be reminded of such a contentious times.

*Wink
                      Last edited by Vanna; 01-10-2014, 07:15 PM.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                        Although I don't own anything from Rick Owens, Harnden and Ann D, I only regret that Ann and me will never get along. Being romantic and poetic is just not enough (, something is obviously missing on my side to make it look natural.

For the other designers, Rick maybe something from Crust for a good price, but i'm not looking for it and Harnden, well..., I would say no way, but I have a feeling that once I tried a jacket I might consider it. Nothing more than a jacket though, the full on Harnden aesthetic is giving me headaches.
                        I don't think you should try on a PH jacket. Do and your bank account will suffer. I also wouldn't get anything other than that, but boy it's the best thing in what I consider formalwear. Sometimes I think that when I get older I'll just have Paul Harnden long blazers in all fabrics ever made and that's all I'd ever need. I have two. Almost picked up a third one at Degli Effetti yesterday. Twenty more to go...
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                          I'm not into harnden either. My people dressed like that when we were building your railroads. I'd rather not be reminded of such a contentious times.

*Wink
                          music

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ that's not Harnden's inspiration though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mung_city
                              • Jul 2012

It's hard for me to say, because I often don't have a complete scope on a well established designers work to rule them out. I used to dislike CDG until I realized their current stuff is mainly garbage, and there 1,000 of pieces from past seasons that are incredible in every facet.

I'm a fabric quality and fit guy. I don't care about the story behind the line, or about the designer himself when it comes to the wearability of the clothing. That being said, everything I've seen by YY, is garbage to me, when I went to the Anne D flagship, it was all cheap feeling and boring. MMM I don't care for, and as of late I don't care for RO anymore. His early stuff was good, and his leathers before the last three years are unbelievably great. I can't stand 90% of it now

Comment

• xeraphim
                                • Nov 2008

so what's not garbage to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡