X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    lolz. I'm curious to hear in which sense.. I've actually seen myself progressing towards his more tailored work as I get older. Or at least his older work in that vein. And I dig Kunk in his stuff. I can't even fit my thighs in any of dude's skinny pants (without alterations), so what can I say...
    Sigh...
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• khiev
      • Nov 2006

Justine, did you try her coats? I think they're really quite something.

Comment

• howinpark
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        lolz. I'm curious to hear in which sense.. I've actually seen myself progressing towards his more tailored work as I get older. Or at least his older work in that vein. And I dig Kunk in his stuff. I can't even fit my thighs in any of dude's skinny pants (without alterations), so what can I say...
        I'm born with thick thighs.
        Always have to go with loose fits... I am feeling ya..

Comment

• JetLag
          • Jul 2008

I'd like to buy CCP but there's nothing available in size 46 since a looooong time...^^
          Originally posted by danman
          If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• kofi3159
            • Feb 2009

Marc jacobs.. But the whole color thing(Red pants and blue top) doesnt really fit me..

Comment

• quiet noise
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

Is it just me or has this thread more or less turned into "Designers/Brands that you just dont like at all" :P?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester. Both brands are so heavily purchased and loved by people on this board whose looks I otherwise love that I feel I must be missing something, but every time I go to look in person, they seem completely uninspired to me. I've looked at both for a few years now (in passing) and wondered why the Archive, or Barney's or wherever I was, would bother carrying them. Since seeing so many well dressed people in WAYWT in love with them I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what it is. I'm not just talking about lego spaceman atrocities like the trainers, but the brands in general. I dunno, they seem repetitive and kind of bland. Like Neil Barrett noir.
                So, I thought I'd come back to this. I've come around on Ann Demeulemeester, sort of. I love a lot of the aesthetic*, but the fantastically poor quality of construction is a real turn off. Some of the looks at her older pieces (chant's waistcoat thread for instance) helped me come around. Also, the realization that her pants are cut perfectly for me helped.

I still just can't get Rick's goth jock thing.

* and while I still think the season-to-season similarities can be a bit much, having grown fond of the look makes this ok for me.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by JetLag View Post
                  I'd like to buy CCP but there's nothing available in size 46 since a looooong time...^^
                  What?
                  plenty of 46s on yahoo auctions my friend.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• howinpark
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    What?
                    plenty of 46s on yahoo auctions my friend.
                    I think he is referring to only here, SZ, I guess.

Comment

• JetLag
                      • Jul 2008

Yes, just kidding. But it's true I'm tired of watching the same old rack full of sizes 50 everytime I go to my favorite dealer... http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ons/icon12.gif
                      Originally posted by danman
                      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Bump for new members.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

I was ready to enter into a long explanation, but this expresses my feelings perfectly.

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester. Both brands are so heavily purchased and loved by people on this board whose looks I otherwise love that I feel I must be missing something, but every time I go to look in person, they seem completely uninspired to me. I've looked at both for a few years now (in passing) and wondered why the Archive, or Barney's or wherever I was, would bother carrying them. Since seeing so many well dressed people in WAYWT in love with them I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what it is. I'm not just talking about lego spaceman atrocities like the trainers, but the brands in general. I dunno, they seem repetitive and kind of bland. Like Neil Barrett noir.
                          I'll add Undercover and Number (N)ine. I haven't seen either label in person, but I look at the pieces and I find them gimmicky, although for N(N) that really only applies to "A Closed Feeling". (I realize the word "gimmicky" is a lot coming from me).
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Hehe, ask theetruscan how much Ann he has bought since. I like to look at the old threads to see how our tastes change over time, because taste is an organic, constantly changing thing. Some things grow on you, some things hit you right away, some things you become disillusioned with or mature from. It's a part of life.
                            Last edited by Faust; 06-10-2010, 12:00 PM.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

^true. I gave up on raf entirely a couple of seasons ago and have bought some lame dries basics.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

dude you were a raf enthusiast too. but i think a lot of people fell off on raf
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎