Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

^ Like poetry
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

yeah that was a good post, and sums up how i feel about it as well. I am drawn towards the rage and desperation so pervasive in the work, just not so much occupying that particular literal embodiment of it.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Yohji, I love nearly every season but don't feel I have lived enough life to wear it. I see his clothing as a goal. One day I will be ready.
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Who? View Post
          Yohji, I love nearly every season but don't feel I have lived enough life to wear it. I see his clothing as a goal. One day I will be ready.
          You may feel you don't have the necessary "experience," but you certainly have the poise to pull off a lot of his stuff, why not. What I like about Yohji is that once you get past the intimidating aura that seems to surround his body of work, you'll find there's something there for everybody. Yohji's many things, but he's never been elitist.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• renard rouge
            • Jul 2010

I've always dreamed of owning something by Ann D...but she cuts them way too large for me...I can probably get away with womens stuff but what's the point?

Also, while I always love what CdG does for women, I can't get behind their mens vision at all!

Comment

• olethomas
              • Dec 2010

CDG: Genious, but for me an aesthetic mess I can't seem to appreciate enough no matter how much of a fashion-godess status Kawakubo has among every person at my entire fashion program at school (maybe you've got the point right there)
              Harnden: the concept is perfect, I love the whole brand except from how the clothes feel on me. Can't explain it. But I think people in them look terrific.

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

ann: her sizing is so fucked up for me that whenever i like a piece i end up not buying it because of how it fits or the mystery enshrouding her sizing. why does s = 48? why does she go down to xxxs? i wish she'd just use 44/46/48/etc with her sizing so i could participate but alas, after years and years of admiring her work from afar i feel my role resigns itself to but a spectator of her beauty.
                i use to have trouble with cdg until i started going to IF soho and trying on their cdgh+ buys! wonderful fabrics and clothes you could live in. i assume i will live out my latter years in cdgh+ and yohji so i admire from afar sans a few pieces that lend themselves to a more youthful look.

Comment

• old
                  • Jul 2009

Is this thread about unable to love or unable to "wear"? I agree on Ann D for the latter, I constantly bump into her xxxs stuff that fit way large (I'm between 44 and 46 but pretty short). I also have a hard time appreciating CDG, especially the more recent seasons. I think her manifesto focusing on absolute newness kills it for me, it just seemed like such an early 20th century manifesto and is completely anachronistic in the novelty filled present. (Not that much "truly" new really exists, but I wouldn't categorize her recent work as such either.)
                  Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

• guardimp
                    • Jun 2010

Personally as much as I want to love Ann D I just cant. I love the references and in theory I love her designs, but when I see them in person something just doesn't click. I love her shoes, just not everything else.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

I want to like MA+ but every time I put on a leather jacket it just doesn't work as well for my body type as much as i would anticipate it to.

The designs are cool and I get behind the philosophy but it's not something that I would look at, as much as I would look at Stephen Schneider or even Carpe Diem which is related.

There's also a lot of brands that I want to give attention to but I can't support multiple or different styles of drobe, so lately i've been running with what I have and it's been working out alright.

with that being said, it's really hard to get into CDGH+ (or CDG in general but i'm crazy about the boiled polyester and boiled wool jackets) they look fantastic and I want to somehow bring that in more to what I will wear this spring.
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• schuur
                        • Oct 2013

i feel like im too tall, skinny, young, and white to make yohji work, even though thats probably not true

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by schuur View Post

i feel like im too tall, skinny, young, and white to make yohji work, even though thats probably not true
                          My struggles, exactly.

The world is such a cruel place, isn't it?
                          sain't

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by schuur View Post
                            There's definitely a solution for the second and third of your plights.

On the subject, i really want to like BBS, but somehow there's always something a little to fussy about it for me and any trousers I have tried were terribly uncomfortable... that's what years of drawstring waists do to you... then again, I don't have the skinny problem.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

Margiela; i can wear the kints and sneakers but anything else in the 44 never fits me right.... The womens is not unisex at all so im limited.
                              I wish margiela did menswear at hermes... id snap those pieces up no question.

Im skinny but i feel i can make Yohji's outer pieces work from time to time, i lived in a frock coat, trench and knits last year. But head to toe yohji is tough when your very narrow. I find certain pants in the seasons when they ran small to that particular collection work; i can wear both size 1&3 just be pre-paired to belt up.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                There's definitely a solution for the second and third of your plights.

On the subject, i really want to like BBS, but somehow there's always something a little to fussy about it for me and any trousers I have tried were terribly uncomfortable... that's what years of drawstring waists do to you... then again, I don't have the skinny problem.
                                Really? I have two pairs and they are very comfortable. And BECAUSE they are complicated AND comfortable, I find his cutting skills impressive. Typing this while laying on a bed in BBS pants, I swear!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎