X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parable
    • Aug 2011

Feature: Lost & Found

For Parable’s second editorial, we had the privilege of interviewing Lost & Found creator, Ria Dunn. The following incorporates Ria’s responses to questions on philosophy, textiles and the creation of the wondrous paper jacket from the current AW2011 season.

——————

From the beginning, Lost & Found was a return to the modest and lasting. It is a label of subtlety and longevity, reflecting Ria Dunn’s movement away from disposable fashion, to a creative outlet where she could touch on purity and introspection. The label’s Tuscan surrounds are bucolic, and this is translated in clothes which carry the weight of history, thought and workmanship whilst remaining slightly askew – imperfections that tell of an older age of production and consumption.

It was the very tactile and sensuous nature of Ria’s work that lead her to fabric creation. The need for contrast and sensation – the dichotomy of rich and poor, of elegance and something undone – meant the work of Lost & Found could not be completed without new textile.

In the development of fabric and materials, Ria found a further outlet for expression. What was initially sparked by necessity soon became a way to progress concepts beyond small forms and details – to work and idea from its skeleton, from it’s literal and metaphoric fibre providing completeness in the development of idea into garment.

You can read the full article here.
    Last edited by Parable; 10-27-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Thanks for the insight. Until now I was actually unaware that she created her own fabrics. I'd love to see the paper jacket after a few months of wear. What color is the wool under-layer?

Her overall "view" is still evident within this collection. I might even say the best she's done yet. Each piece distinct on it's own but easily incorporated with each other. And all easily wearable. I just can't get down with the extra volume in a lot of it. More XS's please.

Comment

• Parable
        • Aug 2011

The wool under the paper is a lovely dark grey/charcoal similar to that used for the box jacket. I have a picture hiding somewhere which I will post shortly.

And XS makes a welcomed entrance as of SS2012.

Comment

• Faye
          • Apr 2009

I noticed that hlorenzo only ordered size M and up for ss12.
          And since size XS will also be new, I'm wondering if sizing has changed for ss12. Does anyone have information on this?

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

pretty much the same, M fits a slim to regular 50.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bryantyj
              • Jun 2010

Wonderful Read in the SZ magazine. Such a loving couple which translates into a truly amazing brand.

Comment

• Faye
                • Apr 2009

lots of shots from SS12 pieces at antonioli, showing materials much better than the showroom pics:

polaroid quality looks incredible this season!
                textures in general are absolutely mindblowing! o_O

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

The leather looks beautiful...this line has quickly risen to the top of my list as a favourite. I was hoping the scarves this season would be a touch smaller...oh well!

Was also hoping that there'd be some XS's. :(
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faye
                    • Apr 2009

XS should be available from this season on. just not as preorder on antonioli. ;)

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faye View Post
                      lots of shots from SS12 pieces at antonioli, showing materials much better than the showroom pics:
                      such a boring buy. It was an awesome collection, lots of amazing jackets for example which Antonioli didn't buy at all.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        such a boring buy. It was an awesome collection, lots of amazing jackets for example which Antonioli didn't buy at all.
                        ...and the world doesn't need any more $300 graphic tshirts.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faye
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          Yeah...some signature pieces such as the waxed linen blazer and the mesh blazer are missing, but in terms of textures it still shows a lot imo. :)

Comment

• Faye
                            • Apr 2009

damn...

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

gah...I want that cardigan.

Comment

• swrecked
                                • Sep 2011

I'm going to agree that the SS12 line looks amazing, based on the pics from antonioli and pnp.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎