Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qazwsx
    • Feb 2012

I've heard rumors about how shitty L&F's quality is.
    Ignored it and bought a leather sandals which cost ~500usd brand new from retail.
    They're claimed to be made out of guidi leather but the leather was not comparable (at all) to my other niche items.
    Most importantly, the threads started loosen up about 2 weeks of use. And, after about a month and a half of everyday use, one of the sandals teared up (where the leather flap and the sole is connected)

I will NEVER EVER buy anything from Lost & Found and would recommend anyone the same.
    Last edited by qazwsx; 09-07-2013, 10:59 PM.
    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Faye
      • Apr 2009

sorry to hear about your experience with the L&F sandals.
      I think most likely I know which ones you're talking about (there is only one model that they're doing in low and high version). I own 2 of those sandals. one is from SS12, the other from SS13. With both of them I walked through Summer on a daily basis and didn't have any issues with them so far. and there seems to be lots of life left in them...

Comment

• CAIN
        • Jun 2013

Sorry to hear about Bad experiences with L&F still I wouldn't judge a complete line by one purchased item but I get your point, is really disappointing when that happen, it did happen to me with a pair o Ann's sneakers in a very short time, I was very sad but somehow I have give it a try to other different items and I have no further complains, but I know when you spend 500 on a pair of sandals and they let you dawn so soon it can be a real bummer... Is not like getting regular plastic havaianas haha!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by qazwsx View Post
          I've heard rumors about how shitty L&F's quality is.
          Ignored it and bought a leather sandals which cost ~500usd brand new from retail.
          They're claimed to be made out of guidi leather but the leather was not comparable (at all) to my other niche items.
          Most importantly, the threads started loosen up about 2 weeks of use. And, after about a month and a half of everyday use, the one of the sandals teared up (where the leather flap and the sole is connected)

I will NEVER EVER buy anything from Lost & Found and would recommend anyone the same.
          Instead of complaining and petitioning the world not to buy an entire line of a designer based on one bad experience, why not just bring the sandals back to your retailer and complain to them. I am sure they will be able to do something for you.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• church of tiamat
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Instead of complaining and petitioning the world not to buy an entire line of a designer based on one bad experience, why not just bring the sandals back to your retailer and complain to them. I am sure they will be able to do something for you.
            word. anyway, are there any more complaints about lost & found quality? I'm interested in few pieces

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

Why not you purchase those pieces you are interested and share with us your personal experience instead?
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• qazwsx
                • Feb 2012

totally, even if you end up not liking the pieces you can soon sell those on the classifieds I believe, considering the speed you're making posts here.
                "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• church of tiamat
                  • Sep 2013

I prefered to hear some opinions first, anyway I will give them a try then. btw I don't think I make posts so fast anyway, I'm not in an any kind of rush

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I own several things from L&F and have never had nor heard of any quality issues, apart from the one incident above.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mizzar
                      • Mar 2008

L&F pants,
                      season ss2012 if i'm not mistaken,
                      3 pairs of mine and mine friends looked like this in one month time
                      ____
                      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

Maybe lay off the medication or don't sit on spikes...

Comment

• circles
                          • Feb 2013

Just got a L&F jacket today which i believe is from Rooms, although not labelled so on Yoox or on the jacket. I went for a M, skeleton true 48 in most, and it fits 'relaxed' but i wouldn't downsize.

Its a lightweight, raggy lined blazer, quality & construction is on the basic side but its certainly a step above than any silent/drkshdw i have. Only major downside is lack of inner pocket for sandwich, passport, book etc.

Being the piece it is i can see it being prone to wearing quickly (exposed hem lines, open layers) but i can't imagine it tearing itself apart like that in a month

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

If you got it from yoox I doubt it's ROOMS as that line only just released this season I believe. So yoox wouldn't have anything from ROOMS yet.

Comment

• church of tiamat
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
                              L&F pants,
                              season ss2012 if i'm not mistaken,
                              3 pairs of mine and mine friends looked like this in one month time
                              DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE
                              how did that even happen?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Lost & Found Spring/Summer 2014 Women's on sz-mag.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎