• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I think they've made a pair of sandals, but I don't remember other things.
    I recall some wool-sock lined boots...they were quite nice. Anyway, nice to see them expanding...can't get enough of them frankly.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theblackpalette View Post
      what do your think about the SS12 leather sandals? mixed feelings about them...

what's the verdict to those who had had the privilege of handling them?
      They looked as nice as sandals can look.

Photos of the new stuff, including the boots on Scoute.org
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Love the boots...not crazy about the colour of the sole...but I think I spy a black sole in the background.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faye
          • Apr 2009

downtown pictures show the beauty of the sandals the best...

I feel very tempted, but made from long lasting guidi leather I'm afraid that they might need some time to break in. don't know if my toe is ready for that job...

scoute: nice job of taking those detail shots. really enjoyed looking at the textures!!

Comment

• fashiondisaster
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Lost and Found are launching a small footwear capsule with FW12 - just a pair of shoes and a pair of boots in different treatments. Both are truly fantastic.
            Overall, the shoes FW12 are not bad, but I think the treatment of the leather (scratches) is not something particular or original...

In general any photos taken by Parable, and even some of Scoute, it seems to me (I could be wrong) that some clothes do not have a perfect fit (with defects and curls) ... I do not know if it is a desired effect, or are the pictures taken not too good, or if (this worries me a lot) clothes have problems ...
            Someone saw them and tested live?
            SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
              Overall, the shoes FW12 are not bad, but I think the treatment of the leather (scratches) is not something particular or original...

In general any photos taken by Parable, and even some of Scoute, it seems to me (I could be wrong) that some clothes do not have a perfect fit (with defects and curls) ... I do not know if it is a desired effect, or are the pictures taken not too good, or if (this worries me a lot) clothes have problems ...
              Someone saw them and tested live?
              The imperfections are more than likely intentional. Everything I own from them has at least one intentional (as far as I can tell).

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

The boots, a short and a tall, from AW2011 can still be seen at the Layers London site. Not too exciting and look rather effete. The laser-scarred treatment on the AW2012 shoe and boot look promising, but the heel seems wrong. My first sighting of the scarred leather treatment was a couple of seasons ago in a Lanvin shoe. Had the similar parallel slashes all over the surface like someone went to town with a razor blade. I remember the treatment being described as laser-cut or laser-scarred. The look is a better fit for L&F. I think it ought to encourage self cutters to to transfer the habit from their bodies to their shoes.

The fit for L&F is plain wonky. Glad to see more XS pieces showing up at stockists. The size small, usually the size I have to settle for in L&F, is more often than not huge. If they want to move toward a one-size-fits-all business model they need to lose the shoulder seams and such. I think the pattern maker has a substance abuse problem.
                Last edited by byhand; 01-30-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Agreed that the heels aren't my thing, but the sizing is what it is...it's not meant to be fitted and tailored, it's meant to be relaxed and easy-breezy.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                    The fit for L&F is plain wonky. Glad to see more XS pieces showing up at stockists. The size small, usually the size I am, is more often than not huge. If they want to move toward a one-size-fits-all business model they need to lose the shoulder seams and such. I think the pattern maker has a substance abuse problem.
                    you are too small for the clothes = someone has a substance abuse problem? come on.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Pretty sure no one has accused Yohji of substance abuse problems...or asked him to do away with shoulder seams.

Comment

• Parable
                        • Aug 2011

The scraped leather used on the shoes and boots is horse. The samples were also shown in Buffalo which was really nice.

There are a couple more pictures here: http://parablesydney.com/lost-and-fo...1213-showroom/

Including some with a black sole.

Comment

• byhand
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          Pretty sure no one has accused Yohji of substance abuse problems...or asked him to do away with shoulder seams.
                          Yohji and L&F are different creatures. The former has continuity in sizing from piece to piece. I know I'm not the only person who thinks L&F has wonky sizing. I see it as a quality control issue, and for the price such things ought not be an issue. When ordering online, asking for measurements largely solves the problem. I'm a fairly standard human in shape. I don't have a short torso, long arms or an exaggerated shoulder slope. I'm easy to fit.

Comment

• byhand
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            you are too small for the clothes = someone has a substance abuse problem? come on.
                            The thing is I'm not even that small. I'm a normal sized guy. Small folk are completely out of luck with L&F.

Comment

• gavagai
                              • May 2010

L & F sizing is roomy but a quality control issue would seem to be where a size large of the same jacket was different sizes. That would be wonky.

The sizing seems to me at to be fairly consistent.The garments are a roomier fit than many other brands discussed here.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                                I know I'm not the only person who thinks L&F has wonky sizing. I see it as a quality control issue, and for the price such things ought not be an issue.
                                All of my L&F runs a bit larger than most brands discussed here but it is quite consistent so I'm not entirely sure what you are carrying on about. You need not look far to find truly inconsistent sizing....
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎