X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

There is no quality control issue at all...their garments run a size large, and it's intentional. And just like Yohji, some garments are more tailored, while others are more relaxed...no need to alter the sizing just because of that. If you're not comfortable with the structure of their clothing...either size down or find something else to buy.

I imagine this is an issue with people not familiar with the brand...just like someone trying on something from Ann D, YY or CDG...or even Damir Doma. The garments don't fit like shit at the mall...there are intentional cuts that creates a different silhouette.

I'm thinking that some people need to either explore a brand further and do some research before making judgements...or do some research in general and learn something about fashion. This ain't Banana Republic, and thank god for that.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by byhand View Post
      Yohji and L&F are different creatures. The former has continuity in sizing from piece to piece. I know I'm not the only person who thinks L&F has wonky sizing. I see it as a quality control issue, and for the price such things ought not be an issue. When ordering online, asking for measurements largely solves the problem. I'm a fairly standard human in shape. I don't have a short torso, long arms or an exaggerated shoulder slope. I'm easy to fit.
      Some of the pieces fit loose, others don't. There is no sizing issue - you are wrong.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tristan
        • Sep 2011

Do Lost&Found trousers also fit loose? These especially:

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

^ in my experience, yes. I would email the retailer for specific measurements though.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Tristan
            • Sep 2011

Thanks Dane for the quick reply!

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

More+

every new collections shown up is getting stronger and stronger.. fabrics and treatments were always best part of the collections imo, and as well as the cutting and (master of)darts she created were always original
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Thanks! I love the shape of her coats...very practical for layering in cold climates. As always, the cardigan is what I covet most.

I have to say though, the tech-looking fabric looks a bit out of place with the organic nature of the line. Also, the shoes are a bit too processed...gives them a plastic-y look in photos.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  Thanks! I love the shape of her coats...very practical for layering in cold climates. As always, the cardigan is what I covet most.

I have to say though, the tech-looking fabric looks a bit out of place with the organic nature of the line. Also, the shoes are a bit too processed...gives them a plastic-y look in photos.
                  This?

or this?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

^ number 1.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ha! That's the one I want too!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

number 2 without a doubt

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

so much to learn kunk...so much to learn.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

the second one is very cool, the knit is a mixture of various materials including rubber yarn.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Ria does love her some rubber. Looking forward to seeing that one in person.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                                • Nov 2010

Out of the two cardigans I'd probably go with number 2 simply because it would be easier for me to pair with my current wardrobe. However, the construction of the arms on number 1 is very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎