• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

sure. love that place.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DamageX
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      If everything goes well, I'll bring the collection to NY for a couple of days for a trunk show of sorts sometime next month though so people can see everything in person without crossing the continent hehehe
      I look forward to that and hope that it happens!

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

I don't always wear clothing........... but when I do, I prefer collateral.
        Stay busy my friend!

Congrats on the Sartorial loft P.O.S. of all the hard work and time you've invested in the project you really deserve it. Looking forward to linking with you again when you return to NYC. you must let me know early though, so i can be in town when you get here. by then the studio should be up and running, and i will give you a tour...........

Also Kudos to David for making it possible.........
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

details on the messenger bag please. I'm in love and in need of a bag too... :) if it is for sale that is.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by munch View Post
            details on the messenger bag please. I'm in love and in need of a bag too... :) if it is for sale that is.
            The messenger bag will be available through Sartorialoft in about a month and a half.

The body of the bag (from the 6' helix coil to the rest of the body) is cut from a single piece of leather. Two stitches form the body of the bag. The shoulder strap is cut from two angled pieces of leather so that the bag sits flat against the body and they're both attached to each other and to the bag through two reinforced slits on the side of the bag. They're stitched with a vertical row of XXXX stitches (symmetrical inside and out) and two sideways T stitches for actual weight support of the bag.

The closure mechanism is a unique modified S type hooking closure... kind of hard to describe unfortunately but it's fully adjustable for different lengths. The hardware is all oxidized silver that is hand bent and welded.

The interior also has a dark gray cotton canvas pouch to hold smaller items.

Hope that helps! There will certainly be more photos in the very near future
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

it sure did help, sounds even better when reading about it!
              the pics made me really interested and then reading about the inside of it just makes it even more beautiful. the hook closure sounds sweet. love those kind of details, and you seem to have put a lot of work into it.
              any chance you could tell me the measurements? would it fit a macbook 13.3"? :)

will be waiting eagerly for the new pics! tease more please.

thanks a lot.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

It'll fit a macbook quite well, a number of clients have used it for their laptops without a problem :)

sorry about the wait, I don't mean to tease!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• munch
                  • Aug 2008

ohh. that's perfect.
                  very interested now if the price is not too high when it starts selling. :)

no problem with waits, I can wait. kind of enjoy being teased when it comes to these kind of things, mostly since I know I won't have enough money until the end of this month though :p

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

It'll fit a macbook quite well, a number of clients have used it for their laptops without a problem :)

sorry about the wait, I don't mean to tease!
                    Qft, I carry a 12inch laptop, charger, 1 inch binder and a welsh kit in it nearly everyday.
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Sorry that I haven't been updating this more regularly... been very busy with construction of multiple sizes of current pieces.

I have amassed most of the fabric/leather for the upcoming collection but will not start heavily into the prototyping until current inventory is fulfilled but needless to say I'm VERY excited to start on new pieces!

In the meantime, Here are some shots of a custom doctors bag for a client (SZer and Collateral supporter from the beginning!):

The bag is constructed using pure black heavy elephant leather. The interior was done using selvedge softer cotton canvas with custom sized pockets for optometric instruments,cards, lenses (why I chose a softer smoother fabric) and other things. The flap secures all the items and stays in place using leather string which is then wrapped around hand cut silver "buttons" that I designed. The silver was buffed so that over the next couple of months it will slowly tarnish and eventually nearly match the brass zipper in color/tone.

Please excuse the lint and chalk lines still present in these photos as these were taken moments after total completion! hahaha

I hope to mostly complete the current collection inventory in the next two months and then begin the work for the next collection which will have a new belt style, jacket, shirts, pants along with accessories. I have some very specially treated leather that will be used for a limited amount of weekender bags (3 at most) too and am talking with a local artisanal bootmaker to maybe bring about some footwear!

Again, thanks to everyone for their continued support and enthusiasm and anyone in the LA area should stop by Sartorialoft and say hi to DHC and check everything out in person! There are some pieces that they now have that I have not posted photos of on here.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

great bag --- very cinematic.
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Damn!!!!!!
                          whoever gets this Bag is one sexy doctor!!!!!!!!!!
                          love it Albert, I am looking forward to your belt and footwear journey. those are two areas I cant seem to overcome

I am very biased towards RiRi Zippers though

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            Damn!!!!!!
                            whoever gets this Bag is one sexy doctor!!!!!!!!!!
                            love it Albert, I am looking forward to your belt and footwear journey. those are two areas I cant seem to overcome

I am very biased towards RiRi Zippers though

Thanks P :)

Z, I'm a big fan of the RiRi's as well but I haven't yet built up a good enough relationship with a source that can provide me with custom lengths of RiRi's at the moment... this may change in the very near future. The heavy industrial YKKs in this instance have worked very well for me. I've been nothing but pleased with them :)

I'll drop you a line soon in regards to the belt as well :)

Good to hear from you earlier today too. Hope you got your McD coffee fix somewhere!

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Thanks P :)

Z, I'm a big fan of the RiRi's as well but I haven't yet built up a good enough relationship with a source that can provide me with custom lengths of RiRi's at the moment... this may change in the very near future. The heavy industrial YKKs in this instance have worked very well for me. I've been nothing but pleased with them :)

I'll drop you a line soon in regards to the belt as well :)

Good to hear from you earlier today too. Hope you got your McD coffee fix somewhere!
                              I went to another macdonalds and they didnt have any either, guess they only sell them in more "upscale" neighbourhoods. I had to settle for a capuccino at Dunkin Donuts, didnt like it at all.
                              I am home now, will we working on a new bag design and maybe a pair of pants for one lucky Szer........

there is a Riri office here in New york, maybe we can charm them into doing something for both of us, for now I dont need anything as I have about 200 of the double ended long ones in my storage that I bought from some street vendor about four years ago,
                              the new bags uses two of them and I have to cut the shorter

the ones I use for pants and other stuff I get from a place in the garment district, as soon as I get the keyhole buttonholer and the kick press machine running i will be doing more button fly pants............
                              I will visit leather impact tomorrow, as I need some grey leather similar to the Black I bought today...........I will file an in person report to you while I am there.................

Comment

• Avyer
                                • Dec 2007

Hopefully Albert doesn't mind me post pictures of my (not-so) recent purchases: (click for larger)

Can't really do this shirt justice on a hanger...
                                DSC_0004
                                DSC_0005

My one piece of jewelry: (and my notice that I need a macro lens)
                                DSC_0006
                                DSC_0008

Albert has definitely taken some ques from CCP on the ring, the needle is sharp, and will attack the novice wearer.
                                Remember, be here now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎